Legends should have been standalone.

MatThaRiPP3R84

7 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

well said my dude. I was planning on Platting Crash 4. Just don't have it in me and I'm left at 71%. But I am okay with that because I want to have fun with the game, not ruin my enjoyment by forcing myself to get everything. Games are supposed to be fun, that's why they are made

Exactly. I hear Crash 4 is a difficult plat. If you think getting the plat would be too much of a pain in the ass and would take away from your enjoyment of the game then what's the point? I don't play video games to get frustrated and fed up. Nothing stopping you either from maybe going back to Crash 4 maybe a year or two from now and popping a few trophies to edge yourself closer to it, after you've had a break from the game and you'd actually enjoy playing it again.

2 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

I don't want to piss anyone off but I feel like this was lost for some people over time. A friend of mine pretty much exclusively plays for trophies and constantly whines about shit he can't achieve. Many people on this site are like that too. As much as I enjoy trophy hunting, they can severely ruin the fun playing videogames imo. I was there myself, and can only advice anyone who is at the same point to take trophies less serious for once. 

I'm glad I got a pc aswell where I can play games without giving a shit about trophies.

Yeah, trophy hunting can be fun if done in a healthy way but some people take it way too far to the point where it just becomes more about the trophies than the actual game itself.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

I wouldn't say I'm trapped in a web of trophy addiction at all. I like earning all the trophies for games I enjoy if it isn't too much of a pain in the ass but I don't flood my profile with easy plats, I don't play shit games for trophies, I don't play games in a million different regions just to get the trophies for them and I certainly don't boycott great games just because it doesn't have a trophy list that I like the look of. If I think I'll have fun with a game I play it, trophies be damned, because video games are supposed to be FUN. That's the main thing for me. Trophies are secondary. I understand someone being a completionist, I have no problem with that kind of gamer, heck I can be like that myself sometimes depending on the game, but I can't understand someone denying themselves a great video game experience just for the sake of not negatively impacting a meaningless statistic on their profile. Give me a great video game experience over a perfect 100% trophy profile any day of the week. Like I said, it's so sad.

This isn't about respecting opinions. If you or the original poster want to deny yourself great video game experiences by boycotting games that have a few multiplayer trophies tacked on as DLC then go right the hell ahead, I can't stop you, but you're only screwing yourself over. As I've said, I'm not a fan of multiplayer trophies, but I think it's a huge step forward and Sucker Punch should be applauded for including them as DLC trophies rather than having them as trophies you need to get the platinum. I agree with you that a single player game can be great in its own right without needing a multiplayer mode but, if it's going to be added, I'm glad the trophies were included as DLCs. Heck, I wouldn't have minded if there were no multiplayer trophies at all, but there are, and that shouldn't stop anyone from playing the entire single player as well, which is what my initial response to the original poster was in reference to. Sure, trophy hunting may have led you to play games you wouldn't otherwise have played, and that's great, but that's not what we're talking about here, we're talking about all the games that you may have loved but never tried because you, or the original poster, whomever, didn't think they'd be able to 100% the trophy list. I checked your profile. No Platinum = No Buy? How entitled of you. You'd sooner miss out on a great game that doesn't have a platinum than fuck up your precious 100% completion rate or not add to your platinum count. Pathetic. I didn't say that you don't enjoy games because you choose to 100%, don't put words in my mouth. I said that, because you insist on 100%'ing, you miss out on games that you may have otherwise enjoyed. "Hey if you dont 100% think of all the great dlcs youve missed out on". What are you talking about? If you'd take five seconds to look at my profile, you'd see that I have 100%'ed the trophy lists of 79 games. I buy any DLC that I'm interested in and that I think I'd enjoy, regardless of what the trophies are, so no, I haven't "missed out on" anything. I have many games that I've bought the DLC for and 100%'ed that game because I had FUN doing it, not for the sake of 100%'ing.

It absolutely is about respecting opinions. I go for 100 percent because I enjoy doing it. I work 50 plus hours a week, so when I have time to play games I like have a game plan in mind. A game like GoT which is a single player game randomly getting mp/raid content is out of the norm. Some people are not going to be interested in that content, but still want to maintain 100 percent. In this case making it a separate list, such as with RE 3, is good for everyone. So when something unexpected happens there may be some grumbling, just like in any other situation. No one is making a petition, no one is demanding it be changed, they only thing that was said originally was this kinda sucks, it would be nice if they did X. Any one of the people to respond could have commented politely, disagreed, or acted like mature adults. Instead nearly everyone took time out of their day to tell the OP that he is pathetic, that he has issues and needs to address them, that he does not enjoy his games, and that people who play for completion sake are some how wrong. Which is the same shit these people always come out of the wood work to say. It's unhelpful, its childish, and it shows that these people are unable to accept someone who has a difference of opinion. If you are going to disagree with someone do it politely, if you are going to attack them because you know everyone is going to have your back and cheer you on as you punch down then you are just an asshole. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

I don't want to piss anyone off but I feel like this was lost for some people over time. A friend of mine pretty much exclusively plays for trophies and constantly whines about shit he can't achieve. Many people on this site are like that too. As much as I enjoy trophy hunting, they can severely ruin the fun playing videogames imo. I was there myself, and can only advice anyone who is at the same point to take trophies less serious for once. 

I'm glad I got a pc aswell where I can play games without giving a shit about trophies.

agreed although I'm very anal about physical collecting games, even more so than trophy hunting and that's a big reason I dont play PC. 

20 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Exactly. I hear Crash 4 is a difficult plat. If you think getting the plat would be too much of a pain in the ass and would take away from your enjoyment of the game then what's the point? I don't play video games to get frustrated and fed up. Nothing stopping you either from maybe going back to Crash 4 maybe a year or two from now and popping a few trophies to edge yourself closer to it, after you've had a break from the game and you'd actually enjoy playing it again.

Yeah, trophy hunting can be fun if done in a healthy way but some people take it way too far to the point where it just becomes more about the trophies than the actual game itself.

couldn't have said it any better myself, I thought to myself that exact thing. Maybe going back to it in a year or so when I'm ready to play it again, kind of like I did with the crash trilogy a couple months back

Edited by NOWITSREYNTIME17

4 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

agreed although I'm very anal about physical collecting games, even more so than trophy hunting and that's a big reason I dont play PC. 

I definitely can understand this. One of the main reasons I still play console is definitely physical games. Mostly because I despise drm and the fact that I technically never own these games unless I have them at home on my shelf.

8 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

It absolutely is about respecting opinions. I go for 100 percent because I enjoy doing it. I work 50 plus hours a week, so when I have time to play games I like have a game plan in mind. A game like GoT which is a single player game randomly getting mp/raid content is out of the norm. Some people are not going to be interested in that content, but still want to maintain 100 percent. In this case making it a separate list, such as with RE 3, is good for everyone. So when something unexpected happens there may be some grumbling, just like in any other situation. No one is making a petition, no one is demanding it be changed, they only thing that was said originally was this kinda sucks, it would be nice if they did X. Any one of the people to respond could have commented politely, disagreed, or acted like mature adults. Instead nearly everyone took time out of their day to tell the OP that he is pathetic, that he has issues and needs to address them, that he does not enjoy his games, and that people who play for completion sake are some how wrong. Which is the same shit these people always come out of the wood work to say. It's unhelpful, its childish, and it shows that these people are unable to accept someone who has a difference of opinion. If you are going to disagree with someone do it politely, if you are going to attack them because you know everyone is going to have your back and cheer you on as you punch down then you are just an asshole. 

The reason I say that it's not about respecting or disrespecting an opinion is because I'm pointing out that the person is screwing themselves out of potentially enjoying a video game for the sake of trophies. That isn't based on opinion. That's fact based on what the original poster said about not buying Ghost of Tsushima because of the multiplayer trophies that have been added. I've also said several times that it is an individual's prerogative to go for 100% if they want to but, in my view, that can end up having a lot of negative effects and should only be taken on if the person is willing to deal with whatever trophies come their way. That's what 100% is about. It isn't about cherry picking which games have trophy lists you like the look of. If you enjoy 100% then more power to you but, if you're someone who won't play a great game because it might mess up your 100% then that's your loss, not mine. The idea of making Tsushima's online mode standalone is silly to me because then the developers and publishers have to release it as a separate title and not as part of their already existing title. They want to have it all under the one roof, understandably. They're not going to start making a new standalone title for every update they release just so Mr. or Mrs. 100% over here can keep their perfect record intact. That's absurd and entitled. That said, it wasn't "this sucks, they should do x" that I commented on in my response, it was that they were going to boycott Tsushima's single player entirely simply because of the new multiplayer trophies. That was what I took issue with.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

I get what you're talking about @MatThaRiPP3R84. A great single player campaign where they've now added MP, it makes me think twice depending on the difficulty.

What I find most comical in this thread is how everyone jumps on board to attack you for saying it, yet in another thread someone has written:

"Annoyed.. Depending on the time it takes to reach level 20, and the difficulty of said activities. Nothing I hate more than relying on other people." and has been upvoted 30 times.

This forum.

That was my comment, and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by MrJAMBA

10 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Except it was planned, not randomly tacked on.

Reread the OP's first 3 posts.  His complaint is that the multiplayer content (that isnt out yet) is boring.  It doesn't exist yet, but it's "boring" because (from his following posts) he has a bad history in 2 other games with people that dont listen.

That isnt an opinion, it's ignorance and stubbornness.  Now if he had actual reasons for his complaint, he might have an opinion worth respecting.

Well said. It seems like he has a lot of negative opinions on a game he's never played, which makes it difficult for those views to carry much weight.

• Like 2

this might come off somewhat rude but, with the way your going on about it is like complaining about a free dlc they add to a game such as say as an example mass effect, when giving you a dlc to it that has co op aimed and so on, sure it might have a single trophy and so on but who gives a crap, if the game is fun and they give more like they have now it is even better. saying it should be a standalone is like saying let's resell you the game again even though it uses the same things from the main game and so on.

but that is my thoughts on this, if you don't want to play it so be it don't buy the game no one is putting a gun to your head and saying you must and if your letting afew trophies stop you from enjoying a very good game like this then am sorry to say your gaming style will be burnt out fast.

• Like 1

Only someone with a 98.60% games completion would make a forum about this ?

18 hours ago, Carol said:

What a ridiculous statement! So, you’re boycotting a game, because the devs added a free co-op mode, that it’s also very fun and adds an extra dynamism to the game?

My very personal opinion: it’s free, it’s online, it’s co-op, it’s fun, it’s hard and grindy? Then I am so glad I bought this game, because this is exactly how I like my games!

P.S.: The main single-player mode is still there for you to enjoy. You don’t have to play the online part, if you don’t like it.

He NEEDS THAT 100.00% COMPLETION THO! He can't survive life without it!!! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Xionx said:

He is complaining that he cant 100% the game anymore so he dont want to play it at all.  He was looking forward to it and misses out on a great game because self forced perfectionism .

As someone who has been a self forced perfectionism in 2013-2014 by only playing games that are easy to complete and contain no MP trophies to keep my 100.00% (check my game history if you don't believe me) I kinda feel bad for the man. It's not a fun way to play video-games. One day I decided to "fuck it" and enjoy games. My percentage doesn't even bother me anymore. Who am I trying to prove? Yes, it's fun to challenge yourself BUT not playing an incredibly beautiful game because the risk of losing your percentage is just plain stupid. If I HAD a complete 100.00% and cyberpunk (a game I've waited 7 years for) has MP trophies (which it prob won't, who knows) I'd still fucking play it! Fuck my percentage. I'm NOT not gonna play a game I've waited forever for just bc it has MP trophies because it will mess up my percentage. That's just stupid and selfish. His loss I guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xDerErnst said:

I love you for this. I was a trophy hunter completionist for almost 2 years. It was horrible. No life literally. I just said 'screw it' and played games for the fun of them. Some games I have only one trophy in just because I ended up not liking the game. Doesn't bother me. The joy for me is Platinum games I love and sometimes those really easy games too. Lately I've been playing my switch just because I don't have to worry about trophies. I 100% Mario Galaxy and I did for the fun of it! It felt so good! I enjoyed it! These people will not sadly. In all honestly who's gonna really give a shit about you having a 100.00% profile. No one. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Except it was planned, not randomly tacked on.

Reread the OP's first 3 posts. His complaint is based on the fact that he has a bad history in 2 other games with people that dont listen.  Saying something is boring without trying it isnt an opinion, it's ignorance and stubbornness. 

Now if he had actual reasons for his complaint, he might have an opinion worth respecting, but negativity begets negativity.

Had to edit thinking the DLC wasnt out yet, my bad. Regardless, the general point still stands - at least try it on a blank account and bring up valid reasons why you dont like it besides "I have to play with other people"

I read his first post. His complaint that a single player game suddenly getting MP is unexpected, that if it had been done as a separate application like other games have then it would be have been nice, and that he is glad he had not gotten it yet. All of this is reasonable, and it was met with nothing but hostility and derision. Furthermore discounting and dismissing someone's opinion because they have not personally played something is very short sighted. I have never played a Forza game in my life, but I know I dont like them because I don't like racing games. Being d that a single player game suddenly has all the trapping of a MP game does not require intimate knowledge of the game. 

25 minutes ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Only someone with a 98.60% games completion would make a forum about this ?

He NEEDS THAT 100.00% COMPLETION THO! He can't survive life without it!!! 

Thank you for proving my point. Your comment is unwarranted, mean spirited, and just goes to show that people here get a kick out of being an asshole to other people. Yes someone likes to play their games differently then others, does that really require you to put them down for it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ZoutjeNL said:

I respect your opinion, as a completionist myself I dislike MP added content, wether its free or not games like Ghost of Tushima I play for the SP, not for any added MP. 

Lets all be civil and let this man have his opinion, no need to attack this fellow gamer because he has a different opinion or view on trophies. 

So basically fuck the people that wanted MP in GoT then Okay. You just sound selfish to me dude. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

I read his first post. His complaint that a single player game suddenly getting MP is unexpected, that if it had been done as a separate application like other games have then it would be have been nice, and that he is glad he had not gotten it yet. All of this is reasonable, and it was met with nothing but hostility and derision. Furthermore discounting and dismissing someone's opinion because they have not personally played something is very short sighted. I have never played a Forza game in my life, but I know I dont like them because I don't like racing games. Being d that a single player game suddenly has all the trapping of a MP game does not require intimate knowledge of the game. 

Except that, again, it's not sudden. It was planned ahead of time.  This isnt a game that he finished and now has a surprise multiplayer DLC that he's compelled to play.  Discrediting a co-op portion of an otherwise single player game that you otherwise enjoy is not the same as not liking forza if you dont enjoy the racing genre. 

And I disagree, it's short sighted to dismiss a game's multiplayer portion that you haven't tried because you didnt like multiplayer in a couple of unrelated games.

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

So bash on a game you never played before? Real smart. That's why I DESPISE 100.00% completionist's on this website. Hate me ALL YOU WANT but people like you just give off a bad taste on this website. You guys complain when a game get's added content, you guys complain when there's a bug that's preventing you getting a trophy and you guys also complain when there's some games that don't even have a platinum trophy. It's so sad honestly. I don't miss those days AT ALL. Have fun missing out on incredible games like Ghost of Tsushima because of online trophies. Sucker Punch worked they're ass off on this game. Shame on you. 

Yeah, it’s honestly stupid. They complain about every single thing, like the world revolves around them. 
They’re sad honestly

• Like 1

If self-forced completion of a trophy list is something that prevents you from buying and potentially enjoying a video game, I would suggest that you re-evaluate if trophy hunting is something you truly want to do. As well, re-evaluate if it is affecting your enjoynment of video games.

• Like 1

Sad to see a topic like this.

Ghosts of T has completely changed my ‘quickly plat the game and move on’ way of things. I got the platinum just as the new update installed and I was just as excited to start again as I was the first time. Yes, it is that good! TLOU 2 and plat 350 will have to wait

Fuck the 100%, the MP is class, co op is epic. Me and a friend completed the co op story’s that night as we couldn’t stop. Even if the raid breaks my 100% due to others I don’t care. It’s another reason to play this beautiful game 

It also shows other Devs how things should be done. Which isn’t a bad thing 

Buy it