Carbon_Lancer

Region 1 Sealed PS3 Games question

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen PS3 Region 1 (NA) games sealed like Region 2 (EU) with the PS3 logo cellophane on the bottom? I think Asian games come like that too, but has anyone ever seen a region 1 with it???

Yep, and it even was the holy grail of PS3 games: 

B6Ngntm.jpg

Edited by Ghanupher

8 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

B6Ngntm.jpg

That page on eBay has mysteriously disappeared...

14 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

B6Ngntm.jpg

If you have more money than sense, the only copy of this game on Ebay is currently going for £6,187.88 on Ebay UK but that is just for the case and a promo card - the disc isn't included.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

It was posted by someone on the Facebook page of PS3 collectors.

Never said it was 100% real, but the TC asked if someone as ever seen anything like that.

2 hours ago, Ghanupher said:

B6Ngntm.jpg

@HuntingFever @IntroPhenom
that’s the thing, that’s what I’m talking about there was 2 copies of NBA Elite 11 This week alone(which is especially fishy)that had this type of seal on a region 1. The pic that you guys see my brother in law got additional pictures before the listing was removed and the seller is no longer a registered user. It is a different copy from the other NBA elite 11 that sold 2 days ago Just by seeing the ps3 cellophane was a little higher than the other, but both copies are selling from Russia and Poland.....

I'm just wondering if you’ll think this is legit or fake?????

19 minutes ago, Carbon_Lancer said:

@HuntingFever @IntroPhenom
that’s the thing, that’s what I’m talking about there was 2 copies of NBA Elite 11 This week alone(which is especially fishy)that had this type of seal on a region 1. The pic that you guys see my brother in law got additional pictures before the listing was removed and the seller is no longer a registered user. It is a different copy from the other NBA elite 11 that sold 2 days ago Just by seeing the ps3 cellophane was a little higher than the other, but both copies are selling from Russia and Poland.....

I'm just wondering if you’ll think this is legit or fake?????

If the seal is a Y fold on the top and bottom it is, otherwise it's a reseal

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If the seal is a Y fold on the top and bottom it is, otherwise it's a reseal

Do you think this is real? Most copies I’ve seen have a holographic nba sticker and also a NBA Jam stick on most copies, since this is so rare maybe some didn’t get that or could it be fake? I think it could be real, but the 2 missing stickers and a EU looking seal on an NA game are some red flags... just was wondering what the gaming community thinks.... THanks in advance for all the input from everyone

47 minutes ago, Carbon_Lancer said:

Do you think this is real? Most copies I’ve seen have a holographic nba sticker and also a NBA Jam stick on most copies, since this is so rare maybe some didn’t get that or could it be fake? I think it could be real, but the 2 missing stickers and a EU looking seal on an NA game are some red flags... just was wondering what the gaming community thinks.... THanks in advance for all the input from everyone

I can't tell without seeing the top or the bottom of the case.

4 hours ago, Carbon_Lancer said:

Has anyone seen PS3 Region 1 (NA) games sealed like Region 2 (EU) with the PS3 logo cellophane on the bottom? I think Asian games come like that too, but has anyone ever seen a region 1 with it???

Maybe I'm being dense, but I don't know what you're referring to in your question. Do you have picture links for reference?

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Maybe I'm being dense, but I don't know what you're referring to in your question. Do you have picture links for reference?

I tried pasting a photo, forgot I gotta upload it to a site first, I’m talking about NBA Elite 11 picture in the 2nd post, it’s sealed, it has the ps3 cellophane towards the middle/bottom which is usually only done for Europe/Asia/Japan sealed games, so that’s why I was asking if anyone has ever seen it on a NTSC Region 1 game, I’ll upload a few photos later so I can get people’s thoughts

I think it's safe to say it's a counterfeit copy. The reason it exists doesn't mean it is indeed legit. Nevertheless, wrappings don't mean much these days. I've seen Y folded wrapped NTSC games that are not new. Others that would come in shrinking cellophane that are new, but for some reason were resealed.

So there are my two cents.