MidnightDragon

Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? (2020) thoughts

24 posts in this topic

This list kinda sucks. No plat, either.

Edited by MidnightDragon

Terrible list. I’m sure the show is butchered now, but last I saw, it seemed somewhat in tact. This list doesn’t seem like it fits who ants to be a millionaire at all.

I don't have as much of a problem with the list as much as I do with the lazy trophy banner design.

Looks easy, the gold (answer 1,000 questions correctly) seems rather grindy though.

46 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

I don't have as much of a problem with the list as much as I do with the lazy trophy banner design.

Yeah, they couldn't even be bothered to use the current logo of the show. Which both of the other wwtbam games did(granted the special edition had a unique image of a trophy on top of the logos background). It makes the whole game look like an unauthorized bootleg like any other crappy 2$ shovelware game farted onto psn.

3 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Terrible list. I’m sure the show is butchered now, but last I saw, it seemed somewhat in tact. This list doesn’t seem like it fits who ants to be a millionaire at all.

I've seen the one from this last spring with Jimmy Kimmel and the celebrity players. It's more faithful to the 1999 original with Regis, which is a good thing. Kimmel's has Keith and Matthew Strachan's original tunes from the Regis version... and I'm hoping the PS4 version will use them. The music from the 2010-2019 syndicated Millionaire just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe the trophy banner logo isn't the same one we'll see on the game's actual title screen. It would look bad to just show a plain text logo in game.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

3 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

yeah, they should have "phoned a friend" from a better dev for advice on how to make a good list.

Better yet, they should have "asked the audience" for feedback.

17 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

even then, i bet they still would have only had a 50/50 chance of getting the list right,.

Gotta admit at 1am I gave you guys rep for these great puns! They made me laugh!

5 hours ago, djb5f said:

Looks easy, the gold (answer 1,000 questions correctly) seems rather grindy though.

Yeah, especially if there are only 15 questions per game.  Means about 66 or so games to get it done... and that doesn't even mean you'll get to the top each time.  So could even be longer to get that trophy done.

Trophy list sucks, trophy icon banner suck, the ps3 ones looked way better , definitely waiting till it’s cheap.

Will not be a hard 100%

Edited by Conker

Do they really have 1000 different questions in game? That'll be interesting if true but besides that grindy trophy everything else will be so easy, you can just Google it if the answers get too hard lmao.

2 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Anyone knows the price?

It's not out until November 17th so don't expect to hear about the price until then.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

Gosh last time I played this was on PS1, gonna pick this up when it comes sale. 

9 hours ago, Potter13579 said:

Reminds me of some adult games I've seen on Steam, there's like two themed after Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Just toss some generic anime girl art on there and it's not much different from those indie shovelwares for a buck.

3 hours ago, RatchetFIN98 said:

Gosh last time I played this was on PS1, gonna pick this up when it comes sale. 

That brings back some memories. I was so young I used to think the console would print out money if you won.

It's a trivia game, lol, don't get your panties in a twist about it.

used to love playing the old ps1 game with one of my friends as a kid, like someone else earlier said, will get this in a future sale

As the first multiplayer game of this kind for playstation i think it is a very welcome game :)

Edited by JSVilleneuve

When is this going to be released? An earlier comment said 17th November. Google says 29th October.

Edited by Radford999