Some tips of how to go on and end GTA Online

phytopathology27

Before I start, I just want to state that this may not work for everyone, but it does for me.

I also posted this on the Official NA PlayStation Community forums.

A lot of you guys are getting your Online data deleted everyday or even more. There is a few steps you can do everytime you start up or end GTA Online.

This is what I do and I have not lost ANYTHING.

I hope this helps some of you.

Connecting to Online:

Start up your game and wait until single player finally loads.

Press and hold down Down on the d-pad and switch to your Online character with R3 (the bottom slot).

If it takes you to a screen that says "Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable" DO NOT continue!

Don't press Retry. You want to choose Cancel and go back to single player.

If you keep getting the same message above just try later on. Wait an hour or a few.

When Rockstar cloud server works for you it should directly take you into a server (depending if you have finished the tutorial).

You should never see the create character screen unless you litereally go into your game settings!

Exiting Online:

DO NOT exit by turning off your console.

DO NOT exit via XMB.

DO NOT exit from Online only.

Once you're ready to exit out of Online just go to your character wheel and select one of the single player characters.

For it going back to single player it will save your progess. Wait a minite or two after your loaded into the campagin.

Just quit the game and you're set!

Also some side notes:

If your stats don't show on the Social Club don't panic.

If one minute it says your rank 1 all of sudden or anything else chances are you really haven't. The site is just buggy.

Edited by bookepride
  • Like 1

Although there are some good pointers there,  it doesn't account for Rockstars servers just dropping you out.  I've lost 2 characters now, one at level 7 and one at level 8.  On top of that, the latest update has introduced a bug to my SP game preventing me from moving forward. 

I'll be sitting it out until Rockstar get it sorted.  I'm sure it wont take too long.

Although there are some good pointers there,  it doesn't account for Rockstars servers just dropping you out.  I've lost 2 characters now, one at level 7 and one at level 8.  On top of that, the latest update has introduced a bug to my SP game preventing me from moving forward. 

I'll be sitting it out until Rockstar get it sorted.  I'm sure it wont take too long.

If you're character gets deleted they almost always come back eventually, if your character gets deleted wait a couple of days and don't overwrite their slot 

If you're character gets deleted they almost always come back eventually, if your character gets deleted wait a couple of days and don't overwrite their slot 

Oh my first one did come back... kind of...  with no cash... back to level 3... and wearing some real fucked up gear.  Like I say I'm not angry, just need Rockstar to sort it out before I invest too much time and lose a lot.

Also Rockstar just posted this 

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.
  • Like 1