Platinum Rant

Herbset

1 hour ago, Herbset said:

Alright, so someone closed minigames aren't fun topic before I could reply. However, I still wanna post the comment I intended to post there so here it is. 

When I see people bitching about Yakuza games being hard I always laugh. Guys those games aren't hard, I'm by no means a skilled player and I platinumed both Kiwami and Zero, which are supposedly the hardest. Bitch nah Yakuza 3 is the killer for me.

The thing is you have to memorize the sequences and read the tips online. When it comes to disco I couldn't beat some of the songs on the hardest difficulty, idk what it was called, maybe hard or something. You have two choices and I don't exactly remember what they were called but something like in karaoke, two levels one with more steps and bigger margin for mistakes, and second with less steps. I tried so many times on that lively thing and nothing. Then I switched to less steps option, simple or whatever it's called, and I got it first try.

Those substories guys you have to beat on disco have several modes, most times they crush you with their swift moves or what not but there is one chance in many, that the AI dancing bro won't perform as good. Just memorize the steps and wait for your try. DO NOT do disco fever. Just don't, it gives you less points or something. Just be persistent and you will do it.

Cat fights were so frustrating until I found some guy on youtube explaining how to predict their moves. I don't remember his name but just search how to beat cat fights or something similar. Now there's a thing those predictions do not work 100% of the time, more like 70%. Again, be persistent. Patience pays off.

I'm just a girl that likes to play games at times and seriously, I don't do well in most of em. But what I have is patience. So yeah, maybe it did take me nearly 200h to get that damn Zaro plat, and around 150h for Kiwami, but I did it. And I'm damn proud of myself. The more Yakuza you play the more predictable games become. Not in Yakuza 3 tho wtf is this shit. I love it, but I also hate it.

Memorize, play and repeat. Don't get discouraged, if I could do it, everyone can.

PS: there are very few games I give two shits about but Yakuza series is the love of my life, and I just had to post it. Sorry not sorry, you can hate on me in the comments.

Well said. Yakuza 3 is definitely the hardest of the series so far, but if you can do Kiwami's expert rotation pool you can do Yakuza 3's pool minigame completion (hardest imo). Just need to keep the right analog stick from moving laterally when setting up shots, since the sensitivity is screwed up in the ps4 version.

48 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

Well, I do think that yakuza 0 is a bitch to plat, however I'm not going to constantly rant on a trophies forum and complain about it. If I can't do it, I move on, that's how I deal with it. I don't get how some people can be this stubborn to try to plat a game where they don't enjoy over half of what the game provides.

I think these "platinum rants" by some users on this site are best saved for the status update function and not new forum threads.

• Like 2

Okay, Im during my Kiwami plat and all I have left is beating the game on Legend and that damn highway.

My question is, how is the plat difficulty compared to Kiwami? I heard its easier but more tedious and longer? More important, are there broken sections in Zero, like during 950+ on Karaoke or that damn highway on Legend difficulty? Those sections were really bad programmed and Im wondering if there are similar bullshits like this in Zero? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Okay, Im during my Kiwami plat and all I have left is beating the game on Legend and that damn highway.

My question is, how is the plat difficulty compared to Kiwami? I heard its easier but more tedious and longer? More important, are there broken sections in Zero, like during 950+ on Karaoke or that damn highway on Legend difficulty? Those sections were really bad programmed and Im wondering if there are similar bullshits like this in Zero? 

From what I've heard Kiwami is actually easier than 0. But don't quote me on this since I'm still stuck on 0 myself. The completion list takes quite a while and the minigames can get frustrating at times. Climax Battles are also pretty hard as a yakuza noob at least. haven't played legend so far so can't say anything about it.

Edited by xDerErnst
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

They're are about the same in terms of difficulty, tho I personally found Kiwami to be slightly harder due to the car chase on Legend and getting the 950+ song like you mentioned. There's no ng+ for 0 on Legend like there is for Kiwami, but it's not any trouble if you stock up on healing items and the car chase section is easier as well.

Thanks for answering. 

I've looked at couple of platinum ratings of whole Yakuza series platinums and in most of them, Zero was put in the easier section, but long and grindy. I can live with grind, but from what Im reading, there aren't any sudden frustrating difficulty challenges like that Karaoke nightmare from Kiwami (you can exploit it, but still...) or highway chase. For Climax Battles, I see its more individual, because some people are saying it's easier than Kiwami, some its harder and other didn't saw any difference. 

After Kiwami Im taking a break from Yakuza series, because its way too long and frustrating at times. I will probably finish Zero and Kiwami 2 on PS5. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

I think Yakuza 0 is slightly more difficult than Kiwami because some of the minigames like Fantasy Zone or other Sega Arcade games are tricky. There is something kind of like the highway chase though, where you have to protect a certain character and if they get grabbed their health drops really fast so on Legend you have to be quick about it. Before that moment funny enough is a highway chase which is easier than the one in Kiwami, it's just the protection part right after that makes it difficult and so failing it means having to do the highway chase again. I remember when I did it I used the swordfish cannon (I forgot the name of it) that you get from Bob to do a bit of crowd control which helped a lot.

I also think the Climax Battles in Yakuza 0 were more difficult but that could have just been because it was the first real dive into the series for me, so if you can do the Kiwami ones then you should be prepared to handle the Yakuza 0 ones.

Ha, I closed the ‘mini-games aren’t fun’ post because the number of people taking my little venting session to heart started to be less fun than the minigames.

A few points of clarity (for which nobody needs to reply):

I don’t remember saying the game was hard. I said the minigames are annoying. I don’t particularly like rhythm games, and I don’t like RNG-heavy elements. These minigames contain both. Hence I found them annoying. 

A few quitters suggested quitting the game. Not my style. I enjoyed the story and ‘character’ of Yakuza 0, and I actually think that this is how trophy lists should be done. So because of that, I’ll put my chin down and get through some of the shittier parts until I complete it, because I feel like the game deserves it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ninjise said:

Most Yakuzas aren't hard by default, they are just grinding and lot of patience to get the plat. There are some tricky minigames and let's not forget about the mahjong, which is a big frustation for many players.

Mahjong is litteraly the only thing that keeps me from getting the plat on both Kiwami and 0... Still looking for my motivation to actually learn this crap game ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, da_Heino said:

Mahjong is litteraly the only thing that keeps me from getting the plat on both Kiwami and 0... Still looking for my motivation to actually learn this crap game 1f62c.png

I'm too stupid to get it like i watched so many guides already and still have no idea what to do lol

Minigames are hard on Yakuza games.Sometimes frustating but the reward for complete them is even bigger.My tips is too don't give up and frustation get the better of you.A lot of games have difficult task and Yakuza is no exception.If you continue to pushing and try you eventually do it.I get the EX rank on Haruka request on 3 for example or i beat all ten rivals on Puyo Puyo on 6.Even if you don't notice you will eventually improve.They are difficult to do but doable.Keep it up like Herbset(i really appreciated your effort).

20 hours ago, da_Heino said:

Mahjong is litteraly the only thing that keeps me from getting the plat on both Kiwami and 0... Still looking for my motivation to actually learn this crap game 1f62c.png

19 hours ago, xDerErnst said:

I'm too stupid to get it like i watched so many guides already and still have no idea what to do lol

After playing it for five (technically seven but you barely have to play it for Yakuza 6 and Yakuza 5 lets you get away with using a cheat item) games I still have a vague idea on how it works and I feel like a large part of it comes from it being a foreign game with all sorts of rules and meanings that the game itself kind of just throws at you and expects you to understand it. Probably the best way I've seen someone describe it is like a matching picture game but you match things in 3's. It might also help to look at what the opponents tiles are and try to copy that but I didn't have much luck with that.

Unfortunately a lot of it also comes down to luck but if you keep trying to match three tiles either in a 1-2-3 set or triples then you should be able to win occasionally. You can also try and get a full set of 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 but it's kind of a gamble when you do that since opponents usually don't discard tiles you need to complete a set. Another thing to keep in mind is to not steal tiles since it can lock you out of winning certain hands.

If you don't have to win a specific hand for Completion then I highly recommend going for the Thirteen Orphans hand because it's an auto-win if you manage to do it. Your tiles will be 1-9, 1-9, 1-9, N, S, E, W, two different Dragon Tiles, and three matching Dragon Tiles. It's still down to luck whether or not the game wants to give you the tiles you need but it's still a hand to keep in mind.

Basically what I'm saying is if I can brute force this minigame for five games then surely anyone can. ?

8 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

Most of all Yakuza I try to do all substories (except for FOTNS and Judgment), but this one might not be one I do all of them because of Disco, other than that I never really plat these game due to the grind. 

Judgement is a whole different story. The Amon fight was a nightmare in this one, real struggle.

As per Mahjong in Yakuza games I highly recommend watching Yakuza 6 mahjong presentation on youtube, it applies to all Yakuza games. When I first started Kiwami I was overwhelmed with mahjong, now I freaking love it. I don't fully understand it, but I have the basics and it's enough.

39 minutes ago, Herbset said:

Judgement is a whole different story. The Amon fight was a nightmare in this one, real struggle.

As per Mahjong in Yakuza games I highly recommend watching Yakuza 6 mahjong presentation on youtube, it applies to all Yakuza games. When I first started Kiwami I was overwhelmed with mahjong, now I freaking love it. I don't fully understand it, but I have the basics and it's enough.

the framdrop during the Amon fight in Judgement was crazy. But the idea for stealing his phone was a great "feature".

Imo there a only few parts in every Yakuza game which are hard or annoying. I platted all of  them + Judgment (playing FOTNS right now, but paused because of working) and every Yakuza game has some annoying parts the rest is mostly grinding or very time consuming.

Mahjong is easy if you understand the basics. You don't have to learn it perfectly. Some requirements are still ass like the Three Color Straight task in Judgement. These are pure luck and a little bit of understanding how mahjong works.

I can say that all minigames are doable but that doesn't mean that some minigames aren't skill based, luck based or totally rng.  Good luck everyone!

PS: For tips and tricks I used the Gamefaqs guide of CyricZ. It's very helpful, believe me!

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

I still can't get over Ray Narvaez Jr getting the 100% twice

Ray 100%-ing any game is not even a surprise at this point ? If anyone wants to watch a great game completionist, Ray is your guy.

Back to the topic, I was going to try to get the platinum, however, I ended up just doing all substories and ending there as most of the minigames (pool is great, dancing is great, karaoke is great) started to piss me off way too much for me to continue. Amazing game though!

Edited by Vintage_Davis
Grammar

The Japanese version of Yakuza 3 on PS3 is practically impossible due to the Answer X Answer minigame which unlike games like Buzz, it is impossible to pause the game and look up the answers, it's also filled with really tough questions in Japanese and unless you've lived in Japan most of your life, you can't easily guess the answers.

I couldn't even do it even with my then Japanese girlfriend helping out.

Also if you tie with the AI which is likely, you lose when it is a draw. And I swear the AI cheats, always gets its final answer correct when you are winning.

Cherry on top is the question system, you have to win 5 times on each type of round, and it's like trying to boost the Dead Rising 2 online TIR minigame. You have to play rounds 1 and 2, just to get to round 3 or 4 and then found out, it's not the mini game round you wanted to play, so you frequently have to quit out wasting 5-10 mins just to reach the round you need.

On two of the Answer X Answer minigame, I had 1/5 and 0/5 despite trying for days. I flukily won once but you need to win 10 times in total.

I could not even do Golf or Mahjong either but I decided to try the hardest minigame first, the quiz game and then after failing that, just instantly gave up. I also could not do that final challenge where you had to protect that AI guy in his pants who would die in one hit. The other Yakuza games are a doddle compared to Yakuza 3 which is a shame because Yakuza 3 the game is actually my favourite overall.

Edited by enaysoft

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I gave up on the Yakuza plat because Mahjong. It’s both difficult and largely luck based. And in a different language. No fun at all.

I really don't understand why so many people have problems with Mahjong. It's a complicated game, no question. But you really only need the basics. Watch this video and you will understand. It's not that hard.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, GeT_pOmpeLT said:

I really don't understand why so many people have problems with Mahjong. It's a complicated game, no question. But you really only need the basics. Watch this video and you will understand. It's not that hard.

I have a problem simply recognising what the tiles are, lol. Sure I could learn in time, but it takes me back to my point of not being fun and the trophies being too luck based. I’m not going to commit time to a game I don’t like just for some trophies. Unfortunately I only have around an hour or so per day to play and I don’t personally want to spend it memorising images and relying on RNG gods.

Thanks for the video though, I might give it a look.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

On 20.10.2020 at 1:03 PM, GeT_pOmpeLT said:

Well, if it takes a 16 minutes video to explain the very basics for a game then it probably IS hard. 

• Like 4