Hidden games now a broken option

Julius Spin

So since update #8 there seems to be a slight problem.

PS3 doesn't seem to be bothered with it but PS4 sure does.

I can't use the Hidden Games options anymore.

//A brilliant option which let you choose which games you want to show on (for ex.) PSNP and which ones you don't.

Now when I go into this list ~ under privacy settings in trophy screen (press options in general trophy screen):

You should be able to choose per game.

Now all the options are blanc and when I still choose it changes nothing.

So now it shows 10 plats on this site while I got 17.

*And doesn't matter how many new trophies I get or re-update. The list auto-blancs.//

Anyone else got this problem too? Or has any info on it?

Would love to learn more.

PS hasnt helped whatsoever sadly. Although theyre probably busy firing ppl. 

Edited by Julius Spin
spelling
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dovah said:

It is glitching out for me as well. So before this update I used to hide a bunch of trophies. After the update, I wanted to see my new rank on psnp, which is actually 369.

So I unhid all my trophies, earned new ones, and still 9 trophies are hidden. Didn’t even know which ones. Found out it is 8 trophies from Just Dance 2017 and 1 from ManEater.

Tried hiding, unhiding etc. And you’re correct. You can hide on the PS3 list but any you check on the PS4 list does not stay checked and will not hide. Plus things may still be hidden on PS4, as in my case, but they do not show that they are hidden on the PS4 hidden games list.

Definitely a glitch from the new update. Can’t tell you how many times I hid and unhid trophies before this with never a problem.

See, I knew something was up. Because I already did anything humanly possible with OS and rebuilding Database and what not. But it just doesn't go away.

I'm gonna go to the PS Twitter and see if there is anyone willing to listen.

Also I'll send them a mail, previous customer service was okay. I only hope it gets through the static rumble...

To be continued.

PS: To anyone reading this, check your own system and let us know if you have the same problem.

It seems most people just don't know about it because it's not something you check every day

but is frustrating as hell if it glitches this bad; ESPECIALLY if you are a trophy hunter. 

Edited by Julius Spin
Yeh.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Have you guys tried the PSApp?

You mentioned a new update, I'm assuming it's about PS4.

I hid a game yesterday without any problems, but it was via PSApp - it's faster to find games in that list. 

That's a great tip. I'll check it out. 

Also: As soon as I'll hear anything new about the topic 'll post it here. : )

Thanks for the replies everyone. 

• Like 1

@TurtlePM

@Steefmachine

You ppl are epic, it indeed solved it all, had to wait till I got off from work since I had to get a random new trophy for PSNP to really update the profile

BUT it works. Indeed a little tedious but I AM SO Happy there is atleast a solution.

Have a great evening! :D  and thanks again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/5/2020 at 2:33 PM, ArchaeanHorizon said:

This might be a bit of a dumb question, but... how can I access my hidden games in the PS App? I've been searching everywhere and I can't seem to find it. Was it removed with the introduction of the new app? 

As of now, it is possible via the PS App. Just go to your profile and select "Privacy". It will open an embedded browser where you can set your hidden games. You can access the same page via the browser too, just visit your sony account page.

• 3 months later...

Hey, is this feature broke again? Decided to finally wash away shame of Ratalaika games from my profile. Hid all of them on PS4, but it didn't affect anything. Still can see my trophies on psnprofile even after updating it. Checked few times, even after console reboot, all the games I wanted to hide are selected as hidden in privacy menu, yet they still display on my profile.

Am I doing something wrong?

4 minutes ago, Shizo said:

Hey, is this feature broke again? Decided to finally wash away shame of Ratalaika games from my profile. Hid all of them on PS4, but it didn't affect anything. Still can see my trophies on psnprofile even after updating it. Checked few times, even after console reboot, all the games I wanted to hide are selected as hidden in privacy menu, yet they still display on my profile.

Am I doing something wrong?

Pop a trophy in any other game and try updating again.

• 4 months later...