4 star ascension item drop rates?

Sir_Bee

I am not sure if something has glitched, or if this is working as intended.  I am currently AR 31 and I was running domains to try and get some of the purple weapon upgrade items (the 4 star versions).  When I look at the domain in my book, it shows all the rewards, including the purple and gold tier items.  When I go on the world map and look at the domain there, it shows the four different difficulties, and the third level includes the purple tier items.  When I go to the actual domain to start a run however, the purple and gold items are removed, it only shows as high as the blue tier items, regardless of the difficulty selected.  I thought maybe this was just a visual glitch, so I tried running them anyway.  I ran the third level 7 times on Sunday, and did not see a single purple drop.  Are the drop rates really that bad, am I missing something, or is my domain glitched?

I really enjoyed this game at first.  The world is interesting to explore, I think the puzzles were handled very well, and the characters are interesting for the most part.  But now that I am where I am, the grind feels artificial somehow.  The dailies require you to either spend money, or to log in twice to complete (or play for five hours to recover the energy naturally), and that isn't mentioning that there is actually no way to use 150 energy, you need 160 minimum.  (domains cost 20, bosses 40, trounce dungeons 60).  If you want to finish your weekly missions, you need to use even more (~228 per day, which means 240 because you cannot use 228 ..) or in real terms you need to play 16 hours apart every day to allow your energy to naturally replenish ...  That just seems unrealistic.  In my opinion they should design you daily missions so that you could finish them in one single play, or at the very least increase our energy cap as we level up, so that you could eventually use 150 energy in one go.  In an extreme case, make it take 24 hours to recover 120 energy, but make your energy cap 5 days worth (600) so that people who cannot play every day don't feel like they are losing our.  That would keep the same limit on those who want to throw themselves at the game non stop, but it would also allow those with other things in their life to maybe play twice a week for a few hours at a time, rather than needing to find 20-30 minutes every day (which we already determined can't even finish the dailies).  I understand that the are monetizing this game, but energy is not where any gacha game makes their real money...

I also am disappointed with co-op.  Even outside of all the limitations imposed on it, the net code is simply terrible.  Playing with Mrs Bee, sitting beside each other, with a solid internet connection, constantly under 35 ping, and there is constant lag.  Enemies or partners aren't where they say they are, damage is taken when nowhere near enemies, and more often than not the other player is just frozen in place visually on your screen.  I really hope that they can manage to make something more interesting to do with the co-op, and make it work better.  I know that the co-op event is out right now, but it was borderline unplayable for us.  Half the time Mrs Bee couldn't pick up any of the motes, or if we were carrying them, we could not deposit them.  We struggled through it, and completed all the challenges in the book, and then never looked back.  It could have been a fun "gambit" like mini-game, if only it worked.

On sunday the drop pools are expanded so you don't get all the items like you typically do from domains during the rest of the week. At least from my limited experience, the very specific drop list on days that aren't sunday frop the weapon enhancement items that are listed 100% of the time.

I agree with you that co-op is shockingly lacklustre. Surely this gets enhanced in later patches... but it may be a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

On sunday the drop pools are expanded so you don't get all the items like you typically do from domains during the rest of the week. At least from my limited experience, the very specific drop list on days that aren't sunday frop the weapon enhancement items that are listed 100% of the time.

I agree with you that co-op is shockingly lacklustre. Surely this gets enhanced in later patches... but it may be a while.

I am trying to understand what you are trying to say about the Sunday pool.  I am aware that it can drop all three item types.  I was less worried about specific items, and more worried about the fact that the display didn't show any purple items, and out of 7 runs, I never saw any purple item drop, not even looking for anything specific.  I guess I will see if it is just a visual error if I sign in today, and see if purple items show up on the domain screen.  If it is just a visual error however, I am still concerned that the drop rate is so low already on purple items.  If it gets worse on the gold items (5 stars), and we are forced to craft them, it would take 9 blue items to make one single gold item (that is if the cost doesn't increase).  That seems excessive to me.

• Like 1

Yeah that sounds to me like a visual glitch, so hopefully its corrected today for you. Otherwise I'm not too sure what's going on there. At least we know it is going to be a very long slog to get to AR 35, 40, and 50 so there will be A LOT of days to farm bosses/domains for the lower tier materials. Hopefully they so some rebalancing. Doubtful on that one, myself.

I think your issue stems from a low AR.

If you go to (For example Domain of Forgery) a domain and enter the menu for it, you get 4 options:

Domain of Forgery: City of Reflections I, II, III, and IV along with a recommended party level (15, 36, 59, 80).

The first Domain challenge is unlocked at... 25 I want to say, the second at 30, the third at 35, and the fourth at 40 (it shows a red lock to the left of the domains you can't do yet and at the bottom of the screen shows what AR you need to be at).

Unfortunately, tier I only drops Green drops, tier II drops Green and Blue, tier III drops Green, Blue, and Purple, tier IV drops Green, Blue, Purple, and Gold.

I think what happened is you saw in the domain screen that the domain CAN drop all four tiers of items but didn't recognize that the tier you fought at is the highest you have unlocked currently which doesn't have the purple or gold items in the drop table.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SajoAtine said:

I think your issue stems from a low AR.

If you go to (For example Domain of Forgery) a domain and enter the menu for it, you get 4 options:

Domain of Forgery: City of Reflections I, II, III, and IV along with a recommended party level (15, 36, 59, 80).

The first Domain challenge is unlocked at... 25 I want to say, the second at 30, the third at 35, and the fourth at 40 (it shows a red lock to the left of the domains you can't do yet and at the bottom of the screen shows what AR you need to be at).

Unfortunately, tier I only drops Green drops, tier II drops Green and Blue, tier III drops Green, Blue, and Purple, tier IV drops Green, Blue, Purple, and Gold.

I think what happened is you saw in the domain screen that the domain CAN drop all four tiers of items but didn't recognize that the tier you fought at is the highest you have unlocked currently which doesn't have the purple or gold items in the drop table.

I appreciate your input, but your numbers are slightly off.  The third level (with a level cap of 59 and what should drop purple items) is unlocked at AR 30 (as least in the domain of forgery, which is where I was doing my runs).  That being said, even if the dungeon 3 and 4 were locked, on the domain screen (the screen used to enter the domain) you can see all four levels and should be able to see all of their loot tables), which still visually showed only the 3 green items on the first level, then only the 3 green and 3 blue on the remaining 3.

Edited by Sir_Bee

5 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I appreciate your input, but your numbers are slightly off.  The third level (with a level cap of 59 and what should drop purple items) is unlocked at AR 30 (as least in the domain of forgery, which is where I was doing my runs).  That being said, even if the dungeon 3 and 4 were locked, on the domain screen (the screen used to enter the domain) you can see all four levels and should be able to see all of their loot tables), which still visually showed only the 3 green items on the first level, then only the 3 green and 3 blue on the remaining 3.

Ah my mistake, I'm AR 35 and saw tier IV was 40 and just assumed it went up by 5s.

My only other idea is that there is an overflow on the display such that they have 9 slots for items per line to display and they also only use 1 line for item display, so you only see the Adventure XP, Mora, Companionship XP, 3 green drops, and 3 blue drops. I wonder if you navigate to that section and scroll to the right if you would see the other rarities then display?

Could be the drop rates are abysmal and you just had bad luck not getting any purple. I have noticed I'd get 2-3 green and 1-2 blue when I ran tier II domains but I haven't run any tier III ones yet so I can't attest to their drop rates.

Just now, SajoAtine said:

Ah my mistake, I'm AR 35 and saw tier IV was 40 and just assumed it went up by 5s.

My only other idea is that there is an overflow on the display such that they have 9 slots for items per line to display and they also only use 1 line for item display, so you only see the Adventure XP, Mora, Companionship XP, 3 green drops, and 3 blue drops. I wonder if you navigate to that section and scroll to the right if you would see the other rarities then display?

Could be the drop rates are abysmal and you just had bad luck not getting any purple. I have noticed I'd get 2-3 green and 1-2 blue when I ran tier II domains but I haven't run any tier III ones yet so I can't attest to their drop rates.

I did notice that if I scrolled to the rewards, as if I wanted to check the item details, and scrolled to the right, I could scroll three past the end of the level 3 domain, and 6 past the end of the level 4 domain.  I could tell it was 3 past because it took me three left presses to get back to what I could see.  That led me to believe that it could be a visual glitch.  My concern arose about something more problematic after 7 runs and only seeing green and blue drops.

Too bad it isn't Sunday any more so we can't run some tests.

I'll try to remember to do some runs this Sunday and see what kind of drop rates I get and post them here, also see if I also have the visual discrepancy that you have.

From what I've read on Reddit though people don't suggest running these domains on Sunday due to the random nature of the drops, so I doubt there has been too much testing on it.

Edited by SajoAtine
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I did notice that if I scrolled to the rewards, as if I wanted to check the item details, and scrolled to the right, I could scroll three past the end of the level 3 domain, and 6 past the end of the level 4 domain.  I could tell it was 3 past because it took me three left presses to get back to what I could see.  That led me to believe that it could be a visual glitch.  My concern arose about something more problematic after 7 runs and only seeing green and blue drops.

Were all 7 of these runs on Sunday? The drop rates are worse on sunday so you might be seeing a visual glitch on the reward screen that is separate (and on top of)  the bad drop rates.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Were all 7 of these runs on Sunday? The drop rates are worse on sunday so you might be seeing a visual glitch on the reward screen that is separate (and on top of)  the bad drop rates.

Yes, all 7 runs were on Sunday.  I ask though, why would the drop rates be worse on Sunday than any other day?  I understand that it would be worse if I were looking for a specific item, as the pool is increased from 1 type to 3, but why would that have any effect on the likelihood of one of those drops being tier 4 over tier 3?

From my basic research I have seen online (and there wasn't very much data out there), it looks like you should get 1-3 green drops, and 3 total of any combination of blue and purple drops (ie 3 blue, 2 blue 1 purple, 1 blue 2 purple, or 3 purple).  Now lets say each individual drop has a 9% chance of being purple and 91% change being blue (I just made up these numbers for this example).  That means that drop 1 would have a 9% chance being purple, 91% chance to be blue.  It should not matter if there are 1 or 3 purple items in that pool, the chance of that drop being purple should be 9%.  The only odds that should change are the odds of a specific purple item dropping (ie 3% chance for each specific item).

If Sunday actually has worse odds of getting a tier 4 item, that means that they are calculating drop rates differently somehow (I am not good enough at math to guess how else they would do it)

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 1

When i run domains on days that aren't sunday, i get all the drops that are listed as rewards.

On sunday, they were just RNG. 

That said, I am only AR 28 so I am making an assumption this would continue to be the case at AR31 for the next tier. Could very well be wrong there.

But on Sunday, since it is much more heavy on the element of RNG on domain drops, it makes sense that you wouldn't always get a purple. I acknowledge that 7 straight runs without a purple sounds absurd though. Sounds like terrible RNG so hopefully someone who is higher AR can shed some light. Either way, I'm curious to see what you get today.

I can't say for certain but how you perform in the domain seems to affect the drop rates.

I haven't done many materials ones but I was doing some for artifacts. At the beginning I was taking like 3:20 to finish it and got like 1 purple in 5 runs. Then I switched MC to wind and I was finishing it in about 2:30. Those times I always got a purple, except during the one in which 1 chatacter died.

• Like 1

Just now, AndresLionheart said:

I can't say for certain but how you perform in the domain seems to affect the drop rates.

I haven't done many materials ones but I was doing some for artifacts. At the beginning I was taking like 3:20 to finish it and got like 1 purple in 5 runs. Then I switched MC to wind and I was finishing it in about 2:30. Those times I always got a purple, except during the one in which 1 chatacter died.

That is interesting.  I would actually fully support the idea of rewards being tied to time taken to beat the dungeon.  All 7 of my runs took longer than 3 minutes, so that could be an explanation.

• Like 1