Idle scrap farming?

ZeromusF4

If you are 100%ing the game, you do not need to farm scrap idle early game for 10K. I upgraded Max's equipment and abilities selectively and only did the car until about the 3rd upgrade of each attribute, then hoarded scrap until I got to 10K. I then bought everything I could and continued doing all the scrap locations and enemy camps in Gutgash and Jeet. Once there were only a few convoys left in the first half of the game I opened the Jaw to the second half and did enough of Pink Eye to get the scrap and clean-up crews, then went on to Gastown to get that scrap crew set-up. I currently don't have any other upgrades I can buy due to not having lowered influence any in Pink Eye territory and am sitting on 25K scrap. So if an upgrade will be useful, particularly for Max's gear like extra ammo or gun barrels, or hand to hand moves like disarms and quick kills; there's no point in denying yourself. If for some reason you do end up having to idle for 10K, it will be more effective at the end of the game when you have taken over all the enemy camps than at the beginning where you're only getting a trickle from the few camps you have taken.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

If you are 100%ing the game, you do not need to farm scrap idle early game for 10K. I upgraded Max's equipment and abilities selectively and only did the car until about the 3rd upgrade of each attribute, then hoarded scrap until I got to 10K. I then bought everything I could and continued doing all the scrap locations and enemy camps in Gutgash and Jeet. Once there were only a few convoys left in the first half of the game I opened the Jaw to the second half and did enough of Pink Eye to get the scrap and clean-up crews, then went on to Gastown to get that scrap crew set-up. I currently don't have any other upgrades I can buy due to not having lowered influence any in Pink Eye territory and am sitting on 25K scrap. So if an upgrade will be useful, particularly for Max's gear like extra ammo or gun barrels, or hand to hand moves like disarms and quick kills; there's no point in denying yourself. If for some reason you do end up having to idle for 10K, it will be more effective at the end of the game when you have taken over all the enemy camps than at the beginning where you're only getting a trickle from the few camps you have taken.

gotcha, wasn't sure how tight the scrap was in this game, thanks!

I can now upgrade without worry

1. Storms will give you quite a bit of scrap, 3 crates that hold smaller crates worth 100 scrap each, so that's 900 if you gather them all during or after the storm.
  2. Lots of camps also have scrapulances (they are marked with a gear on your HUD and map) that are worth 500 scrap if you drive it back to a stronghold. You can also find them driving around in the wild, they will show up on your mini-map as a gear. Hunt them down, kill the driver, then drive it back to a stronghold.
  3. Whenever possible, use tokens to upgrade your scrap multiplier. Every 10 challenges completed I think it is upgrades your legend rank and lets you grab another tier of scrap multiplier. Investing tokens in the skill that artificially raises your rank will help you get to a higher scrap multiplier faster.
  4. Getting the clean-up crews will also generate a decent trickle of scrap from destroying vehicles and save time as you won't have to stop to manually collect it.
Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1