PSN PS3 Support??

PhoenixPerson_

1 hour ago, YonahFuriae said:

Yeah I know about that. I was talking about the second step, if they're removing the PS3/Vita media from the web store, I was wondering about the future when they shut down the stores on the systems themselves, the PS3 and Vita just like they did with 3DS, I was wondering if shutting down the stores on the platforms would mean they'll also discontinue any kind of online service, such as trophy sync. I'm talking about years ahead -it could be when the next PS system/serive releases or even before, seeing they even did it with 3DS- when the PS3/Vita stores shut down.

That’s why I will be rushing to finish as many games as possible because no one will know what happens next... Yes everything will be shut down eventually. Finish your games as quickly as possible if you can. 

Trophy syncing won’t be an issue but we may lose our “digital games” permanently. It’s gonna happen after PS5 is released. Probably in 1-2 years.

1 hour ago, PermaFox said:

You can still buy content via the console and download your previously bought/earned PS3 games to your console.  They are just trying to clean up and streamline everything.

Some PS Vita contents are already removed from all the stores without notice.

Edited by mvpeast

Talking about the Vita, got it around the time P4: Golden and Muramasa came out and I've always used the 8GB card that came with it since the official ones were too expensive and most of my games are physical, but by now I have many digital games on it, plus DLCs that I'd like to have at the same time, and I was wondering if smaller cards such as this one would work well with the adaptator:

https://www.amazon.es/Tarjeta-SanDisk-microSDXC-Adaptador-Velocidad/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=sr_1_15?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=ps+vita+card&qid=1603387160&sr=8-15

Also, in case it works, what's the max GB that would work on Vita OS? Would these give me any issue compared to the official ones, or do you recommend other brand than Samsung? I spend my money on limited editions and such, and I think it's a bit too much to spend 100€ on an official 64GB card if it's not any better than other options. I mean, I think Samsung ones are pretty good and a 64GB one is 10€, ten times less than an official Vita one which I don't know what's good about them. I always buy official stuff, but these are just too overpriced.

Edited by YonahFuriae
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

@mvpeast "Some PS Vita contents are already removed from all the stores without notice."

I said PS3 content, not PS Vita.

Doesn't matter. PS3 or PS Vita contents are getting removed by Sony. It's better to finish the games ASAP because no one will know what may happen in the future.

25 minutes ago, YonahFuriae said:

Talking about the Vita, got it around the time P4: Golden and Muramasa came out and I've always used the 8GB card that came with it since the official ones were too expensive and most of my games are physical, but by now I have many digital games on it, plus DLCs that I'd like to have at the same time, and I was wondering if smaller cards such as this one would work well with the adaptator:

https://www.amazon.es/Tarjeta-SanDisk-microSDXC-Adaptador-Velocidad/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=sr_1_15?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=ps+vita+card&qid=1603387160&sr=8-15

Also, in case it works, what's the max GB that would work on Vita OS? Would these give me any issue compared to the official ones, or do you recommend other brand than Samsung? I spend my money on limited editions and such, and I think it's a bit too much to spend 100€ on an official 64GB card if it's not any better than other options. I mean, I think Samsung ones are pretty good and a 64GB one is 10€, ten times less than an official Vita one which I don't know what's good about them. I always buy official stuff, but these are just too overpriced.

Can't use that on a Vita on OFW, won't even fit in the memory card slot

On 22/10/2020 at 4:57 PM, YonahFuriae said:

Yeah a friend just told me before making the post about the 3DS stores since I was talking to him about this, I didn't even check on mine (we're from Spain) I just googled it and saw it was shut down on 42 countries so I assumed it was gone for us too. I get physical copies except when that's not possible, and for 3DS that would be SMTIV in which I have around 300 hours, it came out physically on America but digital only on Europe. Just checked and yeah the 3DS store is still working on Spain for now which is great. I found it really weird 3DS would shut down before Vita, still 42 countries is a lot of them...

I think the countries they shut down the 3DS store for already had "limited" stores to begin with, for whatever reason. I hate how the 3DS is region locked otherwise I would have just imported SMTIV personally. I hate how we waited like a year longer than the US to get that game here and then they decide to screw us over all the more by only releasing it digitally here.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't be too shocked if the 3DS and/or Wii U store gets shut down before the Vita or PS3. The Wii shop shut down back in early 2019 whereas the PS3 store is still up and running. I guess only time will tell, but generally Nintendo tends to be more anti-consumer than Sony, though Sony have definitely been getting a lot worse in more recent times.

22 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I think the countries they shut down the 3DS store for already had "limited" stores to begin with, for whatever reason. I hate how the 3DS is region locked otherwise I would have just imported SMTIV personally. I hate how we waited like a year longer than the US to get that game here and then they decide to screw us over all the more by only releasing it digitally here.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't be too shocked if the 3DS and/or Wii U store gets shut down before the Vita or PS3. The Wii shop shut down back in early 2019 whereas the PS3 store is still up and running. I guess only time will tell, but generally Nintendo tends to be more anti-consumer than Sony, though Sony have definitely been getting a lot worse in more recent times.

Yes, they were limited. That's why they specified that they weren't going to touch the Mexican and Brazilian eShops (many of those 42 countries were in Latin America)