Is it feasible to solo the trophies in Legends?

Growllanser

Hey all. I started the Legends DLC yesterday (Ronin) and was curious if it's possible to get all of the Legends-related trophies solo. Basically, my internet connectivity is spotty at best. Whenever I had to go online for trophy completion, it was a major ordeal because there would be freezing/skipping/disconnections/you name it. Going online for co-op would cause issues for other players if they were relying on my help. I know that I would have to play with others to get the most out of Legends, but from a trophy perspective, it just looks like it'd be a long grind.

Any insight on this? I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would and would like to see all of it while getting all of the trophies in the process.

22 minutes ago, Growllanser said:

Hey all. I started the Legends DLC yesterday (Ronin) and was curious if it's possible to get all of the Legends-related trophies solo. Basically, my internet connectivity is spotty at best. Whenever I had to go online for trophy completion, it was a major ordeal because there would be freezing/skipping/disconnections/you name it. Going online for co-op would cause issues for other players if they were relying on my help. I know that I would have to play with others to get the most out of Legends, but from a trophy perspective, it just looks like it'd be a long grind.

Any insight on this? I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would and would like to see all of it while getting all of the trophies in the process.

No, the raid will require 4 players according to the lead dev on it, no way to do it solo.  Gold Survival will be incredibly hard to do solo, if it's even possible.  The rest can be done solo, but will be difficult.

EDIT: To add, I'm worse off with my main internet.  Can't even matchmake with it.  Can connect to everything just fine though.  I have to use my phones hotspot to be able to play co op.  Luckily it only uses around .6gb over the course of a 6 hour session.  

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

I had to solo a couple of story missions because the other dude left the session. Was definitely a bit more of a slog but it's perfectly doable. I was playing as Ronin too, other classes with better offensive skills would work even better.

Luckily this mode has solid matchmaking

9 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I believe you can play the story missions solo, but I don't think you can for survival and even if you could, I doubt you'll be able to clear gold. The raid requires 4 players with high level gear and communication, so no, you can't do it solo.

You can solo survival by turning off matchmaking while picking difficulty, but actually finishing it solo is another story.  Bronze is possible, silver maybe, gold you'd have to be insanely good.

• Like 1

When you lose capture points in survival it docks your life bar.

If you are doing it solo, I'm sure you would be dying in one hit before you got even half way through just due to losing capture points every wave. I can't say its impossible but you'll need to play perfectly without getting hit for probably like an hour solo.

I'd imagine raids probably isn't a solo thing either.

yeaaaa no. 1 the raid will require 4 players, 2 soloing gold survival will be next to impossible. you will get overrun and lose all points. especially the later waves where it is a lot of brutes and oni. 

you could complete story and ranking up everyone to rank 20 solo. but the other 2 trophies will be impossible. 

38 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

Is it confirmed that the raids must include 4 players? Not possible with only 2?

And what about survival? Could this be done with only 2 players instead of 4?

Yes, the devs were interviewed by I believe Game Informer and stated that raids will require 4 players at all times and a lot of teamwork to overcome it's challenges.  They made it sound like it won't even allow matchmaking because they want you to have a trusted group to do them with.

Survival gold it would have to be an extremely skilled couple of players who are above the 90 or 95 cap that gold maxes at.  Even then it might not be possible due to how overwhelming later waves are.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Yes, the devs were interviewed by I believe Game Informer and stated that raids will require 4 players at all times and a lot of teamwork to overcome it's challenges.  They made it sound like it won't even allow matchmaking because they want you to have a trusted group to do them with.

Survival gold it would have to be an extremely skilled couple of players who are above the 90 or 95 cap that gold maxes at.  Even then it might not be possible due to how overwhelming later waves are.

Just did my first Gold Survival last night.  It's no joke.  I think three players would even be pretty daunting.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Just did my first Gold Survival last night.  It's no joke.  I think three players would even be pretty daunting.

Apparently there is a video out there of a hunter class soloing it.  That's nuts if true.  I wish it wasn't my worst week of the worst month of the year at work so I actually had time to finish getting gold unlocked so I could have a better judgment of it.  All I have to comment from are videos and other players comments on the various forums I frequent.  Sucks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I've been able to complete every mission on Gold ranking while playing solo. Sometimes, it depends on luck. I was playing Severed Hearts and the game threw the Attunement buff which rendered the mission literally impossible. Otherwise, it just takes some patience. I have the Ronin at rank 20 and the samurai just reached rank 17. The Assassin will be next.

All of those years of me playing Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven have trained me for this sort of thing, haha.

After getting the 100% on this game, I'd say that four of the six legends trophies are doable solo.  You can get the rank 20's and story trophies without anyone.  The gold survival would be extremely difficult to do solo.  You would be at decreased health for the majority of the round and would ultimately be confined to guarding one base so your range would be limited.  Having others in Gold survival, even if they are really bad, makes it so much easier.  Those players could at least purchase spirit dogs/bears and enemy flames while you fight the waves.  They can also keep your health up by standing in the base circles preventing enemies from claiming those.

The RAID is obviously not something you can do solo as it requires four players.  

3 hours ago, JaneAusten69 said:

After getting the 100% on this game, I'd say that four of the six legends trophies are doable solo.  You can get the rank 20's and story trophies without anyone.  The gold survival would be extremely difficult to do solo.  You would be at decreased health for the majority of the round and would ultimately be confined to guarding one base so your range would be limited.  Having others in Gold survival, even if they are really bad, makes it so much easier.  Those players could at least purchase spirit dogs/bears and enemy flames while you fight the waves.  They can also keep your health up by standing in the base circles preventing enemies from claiming those.

The RAID is obviously not something you can do solo as it requires four players.  

Can confirm everything. I'm currently on my way to the last trophy I can get solo (four lv20s). Completing all the story levels at all three difficulty levels is perfectly doable (if a lot longer and more boring than it would be with other players), and leveling all characters to lv20 is just a matter of time and patience (entails solo grinding the gold level stories, basically). To manage the Gold Survival solo you'd have to be an actual legend (I personally never got beyond the Survival's third wave at the first difficulty level), but I guess it would be doable with some kind of fucked up, OP build and plenty of caution and skill. The raid is just not doable. I started it solo, went through a few fights and then realized I had no idea where to go at all.

• 2 weeks later...

So are they done with the patches? Do you think they will ever patch it with new equipment/level caps that will make the raids doable by playing solo (if the mechanics even allow it, as I have no clue)? I did far worse MP modes in the past and I won't argue about the fact if the raids are fun or not, but what's the point of throwing in a single patch with a bunch of random (and hard) multiplayer trophies in a mainly single player game and then moving on? Just to piss off a portion of trophy hunters lol? I could understand if they had in mind to keep releasing MP content, or make it so that people could do them either way (ie I did Nioh 100% completely solo even though in coop could have been way easier) but like this it looks like some random stuff pulled out of nowhere.

3 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

So are they done with the patches? Do you think they will ever patch it with new equipment/level caps that will make the raids doable by playing solo (if the mechanics even allow it, as I have no clue)? I did far worse MP modes in the past and I won't argue about the fact if the raids are fun or not, but what's the point of throwing in a single patch with a bunch of random (and hard) multiplayer trophies in a mainly single player game and then moving on? Just to piss off a portion of trophy hunters lol? I could understand if they had in mind to keep releasing MP content, or make it so that people could do them either way (ie I did Nioh 100% completely solo even though in coop could have been way easier) but like this it looks like some random stuff pulled out of nowhere.

Wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for them to make it so you can do the raid solo. There are several segments where you need to split your party in multiple groups to proceed with platforming sections. You pretty much need four people for those.

It's honestly not too bad if you can find a few people to do it with, but you do need to be able to communicate verbally somehow. You don't need to play even nearly perfectly, but you do need to have some idea of what is actually going on.

I am not a fan of added DLC MP content in single player games either, as I try to avoid MP like the plague. But Legends took me maybe 20 hours (of which the raid took 4 or so) whereas I probably spent like 70 hours on Uncharted 4's survival DLC, so that was far worse for me (also way harder).

I have solo'd gold survival as the samurai, hunter, and assassin. My buddy i normally co-op with ONLY plays as the ronin so when he is on, I will play with him and have a healer. If you dont have a healer and do wish to play solo, then you must play that way and change your gear/playstyle to fit solo play. Here is a list of gear you may want to use for samurai:

Sword - Anything with waterstance. Try get get some melee resolve gain if possible.

Ranged weapon - A half bow with ranged resolve gain, but bombs are also good if you are ronin or assasin (They can blow enemies out of defense rings)

Charm - Have either combat regeneration (can regenerate health up 50) or extra resolve with resolve gain.

Ghost weapon 1 - Sticky bombs with fired up, or Kunai with super massive

Ghost weapon 2 - Smoke bomb with cooldown reduction and with sudden resolve/black powder (the healing smoke bombs would be nice aswell)

Some items are exclusive to certain classes, so you will have to change your gear accordingly. The survival you can do alone, but the raids you need a full team. The only exception to this is raid chapter 3, you can do it with two people if you are good enough.

Edit: I understand why people would bypass the raids, I hear chapter 2 alone could take up to 4 hours. Chapter 3 on the other hand only takes me and my friend 6:30 minutes, so the time difference to complete them is ridiculous. 

Edited by schicic

On 12/10/2020 at 8:05 AM, Brightblade76 said:

The RAID will never be something you can do solo.  The first two chapters would be impossible because there are parts where all four people have different objectives.  Like someone else mentioned, the last chapter would be doable with two highly skilled players.

14 hours ago, schicic said:

I have solo'd gold survival as the samurai, hunter, and assassin. My buddy i normally co-op with ONLY plays as the ronin so when he is on, I will play with him and have a healer. If you dont have a healer and do wish to play solo, then you must play that way and change your gear/playstyle to fit solo play. Here is a list of gear you may want to use for samurai:

Sword - Anything with waterstance. Try get get some melee resolve gain if possible.

Ranged weapon - A half bow with ranged resolve gain, but bombs are also good if you are ronin or assasin (They can blow enemies out of defense rings)

Charm - Have either combat regeneration (can regenerate health up 50) or extra resolve with resolve gain.

Ghost weapon 1 - Sticky bombs with fired up, or Kunai with super massive

Ghost weapon 2 - Smoke bomb with cooldown reduction and with sudden resolve/black powder (the healing smoke bombs would be nice aswell)

Some items are exclusive to certain classes, so you will have to change your gear accordingly. The survival you can do alone, but the raids you need a full team. The only exception to this is raid chapter 3, you can do it with two people if you are good enough.

Edit: I understand why people would bypass the raids, I hear chapter 2 alone could take up to 4 hours. Chapter 3 on the other hand only takes me and my friend 6:30 minutes, so the time difference to complete them is ridiculous. 

That's really impressive that you solo'd Gold with those characters.  I've never really tried, but once I was in a Gold and my internet kicked me out of the party.  Got to wave 17 before I got overpowered.  I assume you just forfeit two of the bases and focus on protecting just one?  Also, was there a specific map you solo'd in or have you done all of them?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I get that, due to some mechanics, I'll have to find a group to be able to 100% this. I still have to buy the game so it'll be a while until I will attempt it. I've soloed mammoths like the two White Knight Chronicles in the past and being forced to rely on other players, even for a merely 20 hours task, pisses me off for some reason lol