Is it feasible to solo the trophies in Legends?

Growllanser

4 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I get that, due to some mechanics, I'll have to find a group to be able to 100% this. I still have to buy the game so it'll be a while until I will attempt it. I've soloed mammoths like the two White Knight Chronicles in the past and being forced to rely on other players, even for a merely 20 hours task, pisses me off for some reason lol

Just so you know, it's a great game.  The online experience was really fun in my opinion.  The only difficult part is chapter II and that's mostly due to how long it takes.  The Ghost community has been really great in my experience as well.  The Rank 20 trophies, Gold Survival and story mission trophies were all super easy and fun to get.  While frustrating at times, the RAID was a great experience overall.  Looking forward to the sequel now!

Edited by JaneAusten69
  • Like 2

The samurai can heal himself by leeching the health of nearby enemies with a class abillity. When you use this skill, just be careful of not getting hit. The samurai is a dps tank that can last quite awhile on his own, while the ronin is a group healer that doesn't deal too much damage against harder opponents. You may have to keep your distance and play it safe at times allowing the AI to capture a point on occasion, but it is certainly doable alone.

4 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Legends is an excellent dlc. But the most amazing thing is the community. I played 30+ Tales on Gold while levelling the other 3 roles (my main was Samurai) and i was impressed by the fact that i was ''syncing'' with 30+ random players so good while doing every secondary objective. The exact opposite when i played GTA or RDR with randoms. 99% are trash and trolls there.

As for the Raid trophy, yes you need a group, but if you join the Legends Community on ps4 you will find great players that will guide you through it.

I suggest you try there and don't bother with boosting sessions.

Also it was an excellent move by SP to allow us to use our gear between all roles

100% agreed.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 10:29 PM, schicic said:

The samurai can heal himself by leeching the health of nearby enemies with a class abillity. When you use this skill, just be careful of not getting hit. The samurai is a dps tank that can last quite awhile on his own, while the ronin is a group healer that doesn't deal too much damage against harder opponents. You may have to keep your distance and play it safe at times allowing the AI to capture a point on occasion, but it is certainly doable alone.

Which mode (or modes) are you referring to? (Edit. Nvm, I've read your other post about survival)

Anyway, I've bought the game along with TLOU2 cause I've found them at 29 euros for Christmas sales, gonna start GOT asap, since it's the only game in my backlog with some supposedly online only trophies, but, as usual, first I'm gonna try and clear as much as I can by playing solo. I'm gonna report back.

Edited by Brightblade76

Well, I've started working on it, trying to get in shape for the hardest mp stuff by leveling up solo will probably take ages of repetitive missions grinding. I've completed the legends bronze missions and it's been fun once, but will probably become tedious in a while, as a mainly SP guy I can already see it's the kind of stuff I wouldn't bother with if it wasn't for the trophies.

So, I'm about to reach level 20 with the Ronin class, but in order to do it solo in a reasonable amount of time I had to grind quick bronze missions. Since I'd like to subscribe to plus only when I'll be ready to team up, to do the only things which are impossible to do solo (I don't have any other game requiring plus in my backlog), is there a feasible way to farm equipment of a decent KI level by playing solo? I've leveled the Ronin since, in the group I'll probably do the raids with, there are people already very skilled with the other classes.

edit. I think I can already answer myself: no, there is not a feasible way, or at least not without wasting ridiculous amounts of precious time. Silver story missions are a pain to clear solo at level 20 with bronze KL equipment, they supposedly drop equipment up to lv.80, but I just seem to get pieces of equipment in the 45-50 KL range as a reward, which is far from what's required to even be able to start gold story missions.

Edited by Brightblade76

On 30/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, Brightblade76 said:

So, I'm about to reach level 20 with the Ronin class, but in order to do it solo in a reasonable amount of time I had to grind quick bronze missions. Since I'd like to subscribe to plus only when I'll be ready to team up, to do the only things which are impossible to do solo (I don't have any other game requiring plus in my backlog), is there a feasible way to farm equipment of a decent KI level by playing solo? I've leveled the Ronin since, in the group I'll probably do the raids with, there are people already very skilled with the other classes.

edit. I think I can already answer myself: no, there is not a feasible way, or at least not without wasting ridiculous amounts of precious time. Silver story missions are a pain to clear solo at level 20 with bronze KL equipment, they supposedly drop equipment up to lv.80, but I just seem to get pieces of equipment in the 45-50 KL range as a reward, which is far from what's required to even be able to start gold story missions.

You can do silver AND gold story missions solo without any issues, and if you ask me it doesn't even take you that long to do all the story missions on all difficulties. Must've been like, 2 weeks at most for me.

On 1/1/2021 at 3:11 AM, Valtekken173 said:

You can do silver AND gold story missions solo without any issues, and if you ask me it doesn't even take you that long to do all the story missions on all difficulties. Must've been like, 2 weeks at most for me.

Without any issues I'm not entirely sure, some enemies are sponges and hit like a truck, but at least I've learned that the higher is your KI level, the better equipment you get, so with patience it should be possible to build a character suitable to participate into the raids.

23 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Without any issues I'm not entirely sure, some enemies are sponges and hit like a truck, but at least I've learned that the higher is your KI level, the better equipment you get, so with patience it should be possible to build a character suitable to participate into the raids.

Nah man, they are sponges but at some point, after taking enough of a beating, something will click for you and you'll start destroying their asses. Rule number one is to be as stealthy as possible no matter the class you play, because you're alone and you WILL get your ass kicked if you engage them one on one. As for equipment, you get better equipment by farming the last story mission (on any difficulty). That mission is the one that grants you max Ki equipment.

I gave it a try but I'm KI level 85 and I think the last mission on gold is too hard atm, tethered enemies, fire spirits, stealth attacks don't ohk anyone, too much of a pain, or it takes too long with a hit and run stealth approach. I think I'm gonna stick with repeating the first mission over and over and steadily raising my KI level when I have a spare hour. Since this is something I do just for the 100% and not for fun, I'd like it to be as painless as possible.

edit. I've made it to KI level 105 from lv.85 in a morning with almost no effort by grinding mission 1 on gold and I can manage almost every gold difficulty enemy without too much effort, now I have to learn how to do a proper build but I understand that there's randomness involved.

Edited by Brightblade76

On 3/1/2021 at 10:48 PM, Brightblade76 said:

I gave it a try but I'm KI level 85 and I think the last mission on gold is too hard atm, tethered enemies, fire spirits, stealth attacks don't ohk anyone, too much of a pain, or it takes too long with a hit and run stealth approach. I think I'm gonna stick with repeating the first mission over and over and steadily raising my KI level when I have a spare hour. Since this is something I do just for the 100% and not for fun, I'd like it to be as painless as possible.

edit. I've made it to KI level 105 from lv.85 in a morning with almost no effort by grinding mission 1 on gold and I can manage almost every gold difficulty enemy without too much effort, now I have to learn how to do a proper build but I understand that there's randomness involved.

Eh, I didn't have many issues doing the last mission on gold. Takes a while, but it's doable. Either way, once you get to the max level you still gotta get the 110 Ki level equipment via nightmare missions, to be REALLY ready for raids, so sadly you're not done yet.

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Eh, I didn't have many issues doing the last mission on gold. Takes a while, but it's doable. Either way, once you get to the max level you still gotta get the 110 Ki level equipment via nightmare missions, to be REALLY ready for raids, so sadly you're not done yet.

Assuming KI level 105 isn't enough, I still have two classes to level up from scratch to level 20, so I'm probably better of farming equipment in the process, dismantling and upgrading KI level 105 equip to 110, instead of suffering through nightmare missions, I'm in a quite lazy mood right now lol

5 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Assuming KI level 105 isn't enough, I still have two classes to level up from scratch to level 20, so I'm probably better of farming equipment in the process, dismantling and upgrading KI level 105 equip to 110, instead of suffering through nightmare missions, I'm in a quite lazy mood right now lol

Issue is that I don't think you can reach lv110 through upgrades. GoT's crafting system doesnt work like that, most you can do is reroll the stats which will reach at most the Ki level your character currently has overall

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Issue is that I don't think you can reach lv110 through upgrades. GoT's crafting system doesnt work like that, most you can do is reroll the stats which will reach at most the Ki level your character currently has overall

It should be possible, I've seen lv 105 equipment thas has 106-106 as outcome if upgraded, the drawback is that you get random stats and you'll have to reroll single stats, if you want some specific bonuses, and also is quite expensive. I'll try once I've leveled all 4 classes and gathered lots of materials.

4 hours ago, IDiivil said:

You can definitely reach 110 via just the crafting. Once you get 105 gear it basically rerolls at +1 level until 110.

Yes I've checked, it works like that.

So far I'd say that 4 out of 6 trophies can be unlocked in due time with little effort even solo. Also maxing the equipment to 110 can be done solo,  if you know what you are doing, takes a while though.

I'm gonna try also the solo gold survival as a samurai, when I'll have the proper equipment, any advice will be appreciated.

My old topic is still up and running. Nice.

Last night, I got the trophy for acquiring rank 20 for all of the classes. This means the only two trophies I'm missing are for the raid and the gold survival. So, if folks are interested in playing together drop me a line so we knock these out ^.~ Playing Legends solo has been an exercise in patience. But, by the time I started working on my last class (Huntress) I was able to solo Gold (and a few Nightmare) missions without any trouble. Like I said earlier, all of those years playing Tenchu have really paid off, haha.

For those that may stumble into this topic and are doing as much as they can solo, here's some quick tips:

*Abuse archery. Unless enemies are in the Onibaba circles, they won't recover any energy. So you can fire an arrow, let them freak out, let them return to their position, and repeat. Get them to an energy level in which they can be stealth killed.

*Pampas grass is your friend. I have trolled so many Mongols and Oni by simply hiding in the grass and using archery and/or sticky bombs.

*Caravan of Thieves is one of the best missions for grinding since you have a reliable AI partner for two chapters of the mission. Also, the second part of the story is full of barrels (poison, explosives, etc.) so you can line them up and let an arrow detonate all of them. The Mongols will fall in pretty quick succession.

*Search for Gyozen's Scrolls. The extra experience is nice.

Hope this helps. I may try the set up an earlier poster mentioned and solo a Gold survival as a Samurai.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IDiivil said:

You can definitely reach 110 via just the crafting. Once you get 105 gear it basically rerolls at +1 level until 110.

Then I've had some hellish bad luck, I rerolled a sword 7 times and always got my level (105) at most.

21 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Well I've tried gold survival solo as sam but didn't even get past the first gangbang after conquering all three bases. Unless crafting and rerolling to 110 makes a world of a difference, I don't think there's a point in putting myself through the pain.

Same. I'll have to rely on the assistance of others for this one.

23 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Well I've tried gold survival solo as sam but didn't even get past the first gangbang after conquering all three bases. Unless crafting and rerolling to 110 makes a world of a difference, I don't think there's a point in putting myself through the pain.

Going from 105 to 110 ki will make 0 difference as the recommended level for gold is like 85 or something.

It's doable solo but you'll really just be wasting your time if you're just doing it for the trophy and not for the sake of challenge.