Does kill-stealing annoy you? (Legends)

JEDLander

You know that feeling when you're facing-off against an enemy, maybe you're trying to kill him in a certain way for a challenge or you just want the bonus satisfaction of the 1:1 victory, then your Samurai homeboy comes sprinting over and back-stabs him to death?

I can't decide how to feel about it. Because on the one hand, we need to win. We win by killing enemies, so kill them by any means. I get that. But there's also a side of me that gets a bit annoyed when your teammate comes through like a bull in a china shop. Bro, I got this, let me have a little moment here, you know? This one's mine.

Personally I usually hang back if I've killed 'my' enemies quickly.

It's not like this is an FPS, you can clearly see when your boy is throwing down against a solo enemy. So long as things are going well, maybe just let him finish up without barreling in? Interested to hear some thoughts on this.

Edit: This post only really applies to story mode, I hadn't played the game in ages so the whole 'standoff' thing still retained some novelty. After a few hours I'm now in the camp of 'fuck it, might as well just get through as quick as possible'.... Unless you headshot the guy I'm about to assassinate. That will never not make me say 'really dude?'.

Edited by JEDLander
  • Like 2

In my case, I appreciate the help. It doesn’t annoy me at all. We get rewards for finishing fast and, besides that, battles can get pretty chaotic, so I don’t think someone “stealing” your kill always happens on purpose.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I honestly haven't figured out how the XP is calculated. So right now it doesnt bother me in stories. Survival wont ever bug me cause i need halp, much enemy.

As far as I can tell, experience toward rank is granted based on completing objectives.  So people who skip gyozen's curse/lost scroll in story mode are costing you experience.  In survival its still objective based as far as how many waves you clear or if its a quickplay completion.

Unless you're working on an objective it doesn't really matter as far as experience goes.  Dailies might be affected by not getting kills, but they reward such a small amount of crafting material that I don't see the point in their existence currently outside of the vanity rewards you get from feats.

Edited by Elegy

3 hours ago, Jaxelrod said:

Steal kills? OMG, they stole all of TWO currency from you.

I never once mentioned XP. I should have clarified, this thread wasn't meant for you. Go and play with some crayons until you work out how to actually hold a discussion. 

2 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I'd understand if there were trophies for kills, but there isn't. At the end of the day, thankfully it doesn't matter in Legends. Everything that goes down, you get XP for. With how long Survival takes per full match, take all of my kills that you want. lol teamwork makes the dream work, baybay.

Yeah, I made this post after about two games. I hadn't played the game since launch and wanted some smooth kills. Then I played survival mode and yeah anything goes with that shit

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JEDLander said:

Yeah, I made this post after about two games.

'nuff said...I had a guy accuse me of kill stealing at the start of a story mission...i turned on my mic and asked him: "are you happy in life?"...then had to revive him 11 times..needless to say, he was a lot friendlier/quieter by the end of the mission...haha...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

'nuff said...I had a guy accuse me of kill stealing at the start of a story mission...i turned on my mic and asked him: "are you happy in life?"...then had to revive him 11 times during the mission...haha...

Yeah, I play as Ronin because I have a saviour complex. But now I just want to grind out gear and levels so idc too much

On 19/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, JEDLander said:

You know that feeling when you're facing-off against an enemy, maybe you're trying to kill him in a certain way for a challenge or you just want the bonus satisfaction of the 1:1 victory, then your Samurai homeboy comes sprinting over and back-stabs him to death?

I can't decide how to feel about it. Because on the one hand, we need to win. We win by killing enemies, so kill them by any means. I get that. But there's also a side of me that gets a bit annoyed when your teammate comes through like a bull in a china shop. Bro, I got this, let me have a little moment here, you know? This one's mine.

Personally I usually hang back if I've killed 'my' enemies quickly.

It's not like this is an FPS, you can clearly see when your boy is throwing down against a solo enemy. So long as things are going well, maybe just let him finish up without barreling in? Interested to hear some thoughts on this.

Edit: This post only really applies to story mode, I hadn't played the game in ages so the whole 'standoff' thing still retained some novelty. After a few hours I'm now in the camp of 'fuck it, might as well just get through as quick as possible'.... Unless you headshot the guy I'm about to assassinate. That will never not make me say 'really dude?'.

Hahahaha ? sounds like we might have played together... ? because thats exactly what i do. I want to have the highest kill score by the end of a story mission.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

Literally the only time being the one who kills matters is points in survival to buy buffs. You get nothing from them anywhere else. Personally I'm looking to kill things as efficiently as possible, I don't care about having 1v1s or waiting around because someone wants to fight a bandit for a minute. As to buffs it's not like it's hard to get enough kills to earn them in the first place, if you can't manage then maybe other people taking your kills isn't the real problem. 

I had my first bad experience with a random using a mic who pretty much just cussed and moaned the entire time accusing me of stealing kills etc. Like honestly who cares?