Trophy Thoughts?

x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

The fear part is staying in the dark. The anger part is dying/getting caught by the monsters.

The dark doesn't kill you. I tested it and stayed for 20+ min and never died. What happens is you get flashes on your screen. When you stay in the dark for a time, the flashes will start slowly, if you stay more the flashes will become more common. But in general, nothing changes. As I mentioned before, late in the game I stayed in the dark for a good period of time and did get some flashes but never reached the rapid flashes part.

As for the anger, you just have to sneak through enemies. I was caught 4 times.

Also, I've drank 3 total Laudanum. Couldn't find any more.

<<SPOILER BELOW>>

Spoiler

Later in the game, you will give birth. The doctor told me that he thought the baby would be tainted but she's perfect. Maybe if your fear/anger rises, the baby would be tainted? 

21 minutes ago, Aeternull said:

The fear part is staying in the dark. The anger part is dying/getting caught by the monsters.

The dark doesn't kill you. I tested it and stayed for 20+ min and never died. What happens is you get flashes on your screen. When you stay in the dark for a time, the flashes will start slowly, if you stay more the flashes will become more common. But in general, nothing changes. As I mentioned before, late in the game I stayed in the dark for a good period of time and did get some flashes but never reached the rapid flashes part.

Thanks! That's interesting. Do you think Laudanum has any influence on the trophy, whether you take it or not?

I think I'm about halfway through the game at this point, but I've had 2 or 3 deaths by falling (ugh...).

1 hour ago, Aeternull said:

<<SPOILER BELOW>>

Reveal hidden contents

Later in the game, you will give birth. The doctor told me that he thought the baby would be tainted but she's perfect. Maybe if your fear/anger rises, the baby would be tainted? 

I though it at first, but the FEAR part CAN kill you, rage through your reins, knock you down whatever you wanna call it. 

I've done the same as you, left the game in fear for a good 10 mins or so to see what happens, only I tried it more than once, im assuming you only tried it once or in the same area??

Sometimes leaving it in fear would do NOTHING like you said, BUT there were times when leaving it that it WOULD kill me. Not sure exactly how it works, but perhaps only in certain sections or perhaps it doesnt build up itself that much, you need to keep moving in the dark, seeing horrific stuff to take the fear up a notch. 

Yea its not just dark that fears you like you say, its also seeing horrific things, the game says this at one point ;)

So you got caught a few times then, so basically the games soft death.... But you still got the trophy, so getting those soft deaths doesnt mean you are resisting so wth does resist fear/anger mean??? 

I noticed as you soft die, your body gradually gets redder and redder, does it mean you just can let yourself soft die too many times??? 

Speedrun doesnt bother me at all, the STOIC trophy does as I can see it being one of those where we are going to find it hard to find true requirements and sometimes whatever guides say, wont work for others ;(

Minatoisdeadlol said they didnt get the trophy at 4 Laundryium and they took the Vitae. 

Aeternul got the trophy at 3 Launryiom, didnt say anything abt vitae

So maybe Laundryiom doesnt matter or as long as dont take Vitae....... 

Dunno, not sure if we are any closer to understanding STOIC xD

Looking at the complete story trophy earnera currently, 2/8 got the STOIC trophy

If we all chip in guys, when we ger through the story, share your experience regarding anything around ANGER/FEAR whether you get the tropht or not, and hopefully we can whittle down the variables!! 

Dont wory abt the speedrun trophy, i'll find out the time if nobody else has by the time ive gotten to that stage ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

If we all chip in guys, when we ger through the story, share your experience regarding anything around ANGER/FEAR whether you get the tropht or not, and hopefully we can whittle down the variables!! 

Dont wory abt the speedrun trophy, i'll find out the time if nobody else has by the time ive gotten to that stage ;)

That's awesome. I'll take notes as well. Btw, what are Laudanums for? I have 2 or 3 in my inventory. Should I avoid taking them?

21 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

That's awesome. I'll take notes as well. Btw, what are Laudanums for? I have 2 or 3 in my inventory. Should I avoid taking them?

You should have a note regarding them if you grabbed it in the prison with the grenade, they cure your current anger or something, but im not sure if that refers to any build up on screen or whether it means curing the reddening off your skin (which seems permanent) and making it the natural color again

Guess that something I need to observe thinkinh abt it

Perhaps you need to finiah the game with skin at its natural color and Laundryiom does in fact cure the reddening. This would explain how Aeternul died, used Laundryiom and still got the trophy

Maybe keep 1 laundryion till end of the game and use it before you finish?? 

EDIT;

Yea, looking at the 2 that have the trophy, one got it when they got the story trophy, so it pops when that does, but the other popped the stoic a few hrs after the story trophy, so via save reloading, so he/she did something different that time to get it. 

So im currently thinking RESIST FEAR/ANGER means dont let it enter your bloodstream, basically a death as it become permanent. BUT Laundroiom cures your fear/anger infection maybe making your skin normal again and so im thinking that is it, finish the game WITHOUT any fear/anger in your system. Plus the trophy pict shows your wrists, which you see when you die

@Aeternull

When you used your last Laundronium, do you remember if you soft died since (had fear/anger enter your veins) that and the end of the game??? Thanks m8

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I feel like I missed something obvious, but how was I supposed to get out of the cage without triggering the grenade? I looked everywhere for a key or something to get out, but had no luck and eventually just yanked the grenade off the body's belt out of impatience lol

31 minutes ago, yummus_ said:

I feel like I missed something obvious, but how was I supposed to get out of the cage without triggering the grenade? I looked everywhere for a key or something to get out, but had no luck and eventually just yanked the grenade off the body's belt out of impatience lol

I dont think you're spose to yank it, or there is a way to do it without triggering grenade

I didnt mean to yank it, just sometimes controls go all wierd dont they so I was wriggly like cmon unhook you damn thing, then it just flew up in the air xD

Edited by Optinooby

49 minutes ago, yummus_ said:

First you need to open a window on the left side of the room, walk along some wooden scaffolding and jump over a gap to enter a window that gets you into the cage. Once you're in there, grab the sulfur and whatnot, and grab the key from the hand of a corpse that has its head impaled on the left side of the room. From there, just take the hook off the door, put it on the chair with the grenade guy, and then use the key on the door. It's a pretty well-hidden key lol.

1 hour ago, yummus_ said:

I didn’t even know you could yank it. I opened the window and walked along a scaffold into the caged room, then you can gently open it from the inside.

I can 100% confirm that the stoic trophy is related to the state of tasis arms through the game.

I have done a run where i did not get grabbed once except for the obvious unmissable times and unlocked the trophy by escaping through the portal with amarie, my arms were skin color and not veiny whatsoever.

12 hours ago, monteblommie said:

I can 100% confirm that the stoic trophy is related to the state of tasis arms through the game.

I have done a run where i did not get grabbed once except for the obvious unmissable times and unlocked the trophy by escaping through the portal with amarie, my arms were skin color and not veiny whatsoever.

Yes i confirm too. I speedrun game 2:43 and light monsters 4 time grabbed me and i pressed buttons for rescue from him. And you must run from Portal with baby at the end.  Thats Impotant for this Trophy. 

Edited by narimanhabibagad

10 minutes ago, narimanhabibagad said:

Yes i confirm too. I speedrun game 2:43 and light monsters 4 time grabbed me and i pressed buttons for rescue from him. And you must run from Portal with baby at the end.  Thats Impotant for this Trophy. 

Cool, thanks!

Does this mean I can simply take Laudanum right at the end of the game, and still get the trophy no matter how many times I've died, as long as my arms look fine?

46 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Cool, thanks!

Does this mean I can simply take Laudanum right at the end of the game, and still get the trophy no matter how many times I've died, as long as my arms look fine?

About that i dont know. I just did not die from monsters and finised game with baby. You just play with this way too if you will see monster just Exit and Save game. If monster grabb you just load back

13 hours ago, monteblommie said:

1 hour ago, narimanhabibagad said:

Sorry what is the confirmation then guys as somebody has got the trophy EVEN though they died four times??? 

Did you both complete it with only 1 death and so with the lesser veiny arms, no trophy popped, then reload a save near the end and complete it with no deaths and so no veiny arms at all at which point the trophy popped as to better confirm the requirement?? 

I completed it yesterday, when I go through again I will complete it WITH veiny arms, see if trophy pops, then reload and compelte WITHOUT veiny arms so all conditions should still be exactly the same, that would be the only difference, I need to check that laundonium first though!! 

• Like 1

My current status is that I've died twice from fall damage (because I'm an idiot), once from being grabbed by a monster, and once from passing out from fear/darkness. Her arms are only a little bit veiny, but I suppose Laudanum can cure that? I won't use it until the very end though.

15 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

My current status is that I've died twice from fall damage (because I'm an idiot), once from being grabbed by a monster, and once from passing out from fear/darkness. Her arms are only a little bit veiny, but I suppose Laudanum can cure that? I won't use it until the very end though.

Im going through it again and am going to save reload to test laundo when i get it

Think im quite concerned with the notes, some are a pita to find and no1 has hanks notes trophy yet ;(

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Im going through it again and am going to save reload to test laundo when i get it

Think im quite concerned with the notes, some are a pita to find and no1 has hanks notes trophy yet ;(

Thanks man! Let me know what you find out.

Yeah me too. Is it bugged? It's quite unusual that no one has the collectibles trophies yet.

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks man! Let me know what you find out.

Yeah me too. Is it bugged? It's quite unusual that no one has the collectibles trophies yet.

Memories I only missed memory #10 and #21 so I have a rough idea where to look, Hanks note are a pita because we dont how many and some are REALLY well hidden, like underneath things in the dark etc

Cant really tell with Hanks notes as we dont even know how mamy there are xD

Going through the game moving every movable obect and checking every nook and cranny is gonna take ages ;(

• Like 1

The guide's coming along quite nicely so far with the help & co-authoring of @MinatoIsDeadLol! We could use some more information on these trophies to finish the guide faster, though:

Speedster - If anyone's attempting this speedrun, please time yourself and let us know your chapter clear times. It'll help us put a rough estimate on how long each chapter is. (apparently, the trophy wants a clear time under 2 hour 20 minutes, so good luck!)

Archivist - How many collectables did you need to read to get this trophy, and what were their names? (you can check this in your journal by pressing touchpad)

Lightbringer - How many matches did you use, and did you need to light something with them or just use them?

Curator & Crewmember - Nobody has these trophies yet, but between everyone, we might be able to piece together their locations so let us know which ones you find and where they were.

Stoic - If anyone who has this trophy can share how many times they died, which ending they got and how much Laudanum they used, it'd help a lot.

Big thanks to everyone in the thread so far that has shared their experiences!

Edited by SquidGeneral10

21 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

The guide's coming along quite nicely so far with the help & co-authoring of @MinatoIsDeadLol! We could use some more information on these trophies to finish the guide faster, though:

Speedster - If anyone's attempting this speedrun, please time yourself and let us know your chapter clear times. It'll help us put a rough estimate on how long each chapter is. (apparently, the trophy wants a clear time under 2 hour 20 minutes, so good luck!)

Archivist - How many collectables did you need to read to get this trophy, and what were their names? (you can check this in your journal by pressing touchpad)

Lightbringer - How many matches did you use, and did you need to light something with them or just use them?

Curator & Crewmember - Nobody has these trophies yet, but between everyone, we might be able to piece together their locations so let us know which ones you find and where they were.

Stoic - If anyone who has this trophy can share how many times they died, which ending they got and how much Laudanum they used, it'd help a lot.

Big thanks to everyone in the thread so far that has shared their experiences!

Archivist, its not down to how many notes, more so its certain notes. 

It popped for me my on 2nd Explorers Note in the Dark World. 

There are actually abt 5 explorers notes plus a few others in the Dark World. 

I was in my 2nd play though so I cant say if you only need the 2, others notes or whether the additional explorer notes counted from my 1st and the tracker carried over...... 

Somet I need to look at on a another account when all is done. 

Hanks notes is annoying as some are so well hidden, its a little annoying having to look in each corner ;/, under every item etc

• Like 1

Awesome work, you two. I look forward to it.

I got the Archivist trophy VERY early, and was very surprised that I did. I got it shortly after the Salim's Trail trophy (which is the second story-related trophy). I don't think you get the trophy for a specific amount of notes, but rather that you've found all the notes for a specific area maybe. If it was tied to a # of notes, then it makes no sense why some people don't get it until a second playthrough or very late in the game, when I got it after 1 hour of play time or less.

I don't have official stats for the Lightbringer trophy, but maybe 100 matches? Although that sounds crazy. I think it's more than 50 at least. I haven't completed the game yet, and got it during the Catacombs chapter. I did have the trophy in the back of my head though, so wasn't conservative with my matches, but I didn't go crazy with them either, I don't think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

Ive got 10 of Hanks Notes so far and im just entering arsenal after the radio section, does that tally right with your notes up to that point?? 

Laudonum DOESNT cure your veiny arms, it just cures the current build up on screen if any.

I think what ive noticed is that you need to experience a few deaths or so first b4 you get veiny arms or to the point where it starts taking over

You experience a few deatgs anyway due to story so perhaps u are only allowed limited deaths, its hard to say for sure. 

Im a ways of testing it as im doing the collectibles now, then I will go through again with perhaps 0 non story related deaths, then will have to bring my total deaths up to 5 before the end. Then after I finish, then finish with 4 deaths only, then 3 and so on until it hopefully pops

Thats the only way I can see to accurately figure the exact requirements

Edited by Optinooby

Crewmember - Hank's notes must be 14, that's the number of members in the Cassandra crew (check in Memories first 5 pages). Last run I found just 9 notes. Some of the notes are hidden inside boxes or beneath objects. You need to move them to see the notes.

Stoic - For the Stoic trophy I just played safe and saved frequently. Every time I died I loaded last saved checkpoint, so I finished with no deaths. I used 2 Laudanum during the run and saved 1 last Laudanum to use before entering the last portal. I chose the "Provider" ending.

• Like 1