Trophy Thoughts?

x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

8 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

Crewmember - Hank's notes must be 14, that's the number of members in the Cassandra crew (check in Memories first 5 pages). Last run I found just 9 notes. Some of the notes are hidden inside boxes or beneath objects. You need to move them to see the notes.

Stoic - For the Stoic trophy I just played safe and saved frequently. Every time I died I loaded last saved checkpoint, so I finished with no deaths. I used 2 Laudanum during the run and saved 1 last Laudanum to use before entering the last portal. I chose the "Provider" ending.

Or maybe 13 as one of the 14 is Hank, the Legend himself ;)

Ive got 10 notes so far going into Arsenal and I know where a further 2 are from my earlier run, so maybe I only need to find 1 more which im not sure off xD

Stoic, definitely connected to deaths it seema, but to what extent, Aternull said he died 4 times and still got it. The deaths is quite important as provides a safety net. 

Im not sure if Laudonum does anything other than reduce current onscreen build up. I keep using ot occasionally and reloading save to get it back, and nothing seems to happen other than it removes current fear/anger on screen build up

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Or maybe 13 as one of the 14 is Hank, the Legend himself ;)

"Hank Mitchell" was exactly the last note I found, there must be 14.

Next run I will track the notes I found and the locations to post here. If more people do the same we would be able to know which notes are missing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maahniac said:

Awesome work, you two. I look forward to it.

I got the Archivist trophy VERY early, and was very surprised that I did. I got it shortly after the Salim's Trail trophy (which is the second story-related trophy). I don't think you get the trophy for a specific amount of notes, but rather that you've found all the notes for a specific area maybe. If it was tied to a # of notes, then it makes no sense why some people don't get it until a second playthrough or very late in the game, when I got it after 1 hour of play time or less.

It's neither for this, and seeing you earn it so early has put my brain in a whirl. The trophy unlocked on my main and 2 alts in the Dark World, after picking up between 22-25 notes, none of which were the "final" note in the area and none of which were the final note in a particular "set" (Diary Pages, Explorer Notes, etc). You got it incredibly early on and it's mind boggling right now, lol. 

9 hours ago, Velvet said:

It's neither for this, and seeing you earn it so early has put my brain in a whirl. The trophy unlocked on my main and 2 alts in the Dark World, after picking up between 22-25 notes, none of which were the "final" note in the area and none of which were the final note in a particular "set" (Diary Pages, Explorer Notes, etc). You got it incredibly early on and it's mind boggling right now, lol. 

You enter TDW literally a few mins after the Salims Trail trophy if u want so sounds abt right

The trophy for me seems like its from collecting the first 2 x Explorer Notes in TDW

Think you just have to get certain notes from someone elses journal and maybe its those 2.

One note in the middle of the 1st open area b4 you slide down, and the other is a small cave that the light plants lead to abt 10 o clock from where you slide down, its the first note on the floor by the wall on the left as u enter the cave. 

Does that ring a be bell for, is it those notes that popped it for you??? 

Ive popped it on the 2nd after collectimg all notes b4, and I popped it on the first running there collecting nothing b4, only the 2nd time, i collected the 2nd note and then the 1st note whereas first time i grabbed the 1st and then the 2nd. Trophy popped on those 2 notes both times! 

Edited by Optinooby

12 hours ago, riverrun_PT said:

"Hank Mitchell" was exactly the last note I found, there must be 14.

Next run I will track the notes I found and the locations to post here. If more people do the same we would be able to know which notes are missing.

Do u remember where Hank was? 

This guide seems to have most but not Hank... 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2265051390

51 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Hank's note is at the very end of the game (The Tower chapter, I think. So second-last area) in the south-east corner of the "lobby". 

That guide has them all now I think assuming there is 14 xD

Ive got 12, yet to go to Hanks note, but I missed Richards looking in this guide ;(

Guess that is notes down xD

Memories, i just cant find #21, assuming #1 is Laudonum. Anybody found #21??? 

For LIGHTBRINGER, I had to light approx 125 matches, I know because im writing locations of everything down and how many. I say approx because may have counted wrong, some may have bugged etc. When it popped just counted matches in my own explorers notes up to that point ;)

Match counts are RNG btw, a match case can give you between 1-3, mostly 2 though

On steam ive see threads complaining that resource management is poor, always running out, but I just dont see it if you explore well. Im lighting everything and always have to waste matches/oil to get more!! 

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

For LIGHTBRINGER, I had to light approx 125 matches, I know because im writing locations of everything down and how many. I say approx because may have counted wrong, some may have bugged etc. When it popped just counted matches in my own explorers notes up to that point ;)

Match counts are RNG btw, a match case can give you between 1-3, mostly 2 though

125?! I was keeping track of mine as best I could and it popped somewhere in the 57-65 range... I hope it's not buggy.

19 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

125?! I was keeping track of mine as best I could and it popped somewhere in the 57-65 range... I hope it's not buggy.

Yea lol,  and I trying to remember when it was

When it popped, I counted ALL my matches that I had wrote down earlier, added up to about 132, but I removed 8, because I had 8 in stock when it popped

Did you actually write down every match you collected......??

I only ask because when it popped for me, it felt like I had only used abt 70 like u say, but counting shows different 

Buggy, perhaps, I mean I had 125 chances for a bug to occur xD, maybe 100 could be a safer number?? 

Did you reload saves much, maybe save reloads carry matches used for that run...... 

Edited by Optinooby

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Did you actually write down every match you collected......??

I only ask because when it popped for me, it felt like I had only used about 70 like u say, but counting shows different 

Buggy, perhaps, I mean I had 125 chances for a bug to occur xD, maybe 100 could be a safer number?? 

Did you reload saves much, maybe save reloads carry matches used for that run...... 

I didn't write down every match I collected but just the ones I used. I have a feeling it might have something to do with letting the match fully burn out but it's hard to say (If it's meant to unlock at 60/65 matches then that's just a really weird number ?)

Did you count the 125 over multiple playthroughs, or just one? My count of 57-65 was all in one run. 

17 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

I didn't write down every match I collected but just the ones I used. I have a feeling it might have something to do with letting the match fully burn out but it's hard to say (If it's meant to unlock at 60/65 matches then that's just a really weird number 1f602.png)

Did you count the 125 over multiple playthroughs, or just one? My count of 57-65 was all in one run. 

All in one m8

I had considered the letting the match fully burn or not approach, watching it I observed the the fully burn or the partial burn gives the same animation when ut goes out. Thing is it goes out quicker as well if you move fast so where does it draw the line where it would count/not count if that was it

And the trophy popped for me almost not long after I lit one. Did you lool at your trophy image, match still burning?? 

Not saying thats hard evidence or anything, but seems to me its just striking the match that counts....... 

Perhaps we settle in between at 100 matches, but say may be a bit higher or a bit lower?? 

On another playthrough i'll try to test it again. I wasted LOADS of matches trying to pick up others!! 

Edited by Optinooby

22 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Has Hank's note on The Pilot been found? It's missing from the Steam collectibles list.

Also, does any of you guys have a list of the memories needed for the Curator trophy? I have no idea how many I were missing, but it felt like I got a lot of them.

The pilot is on left just ouside middle of plane at start. 

I can help with memories other than #21 assuming laudonum memory is #1, do u have #21?? 

9 minutes ago, Xx_kingbill_xX said:

are the memories the scrapbook ones or the cylinders you find? also for hanks crew notes im missing Richard And Nicholas anyone found these two?

Memories are the scrapbook, cylinders and the blue tablets count as notes

Nick is the pilot yea, he is outside the plane, left side in the middle on the sand. 

Richard, I missed him but he is in that guide i linked above, its in the Oasis apparently, 1 of 2 there

57 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

I'm sorry, I've been busy practicing the speedrun for the last days, now I will get back to the collectibles.

That guide has them all now m8. 

Think its just the memories now that have us lost, #21 has me stuck assuming #1 is the Laudonum. 

Going to have to have a good check next time im on, though im hoping someone elze has found it before, save me a few hours ;)

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Memories are the scrapbook, cylinders and the blue tablets count as notes

Nick is the pilot yea, he is outside the plane, left side in the middle on the sand. 

Richard, I missed him but he is in that guide i linked above, its in the Oasis apparently, 1 of 2 there

That guide has them all now m8. 

Think its just the memories now that have us lost, #21 has me stuck assuming #1 is the Laudonum. 

Going to have to have a good check next time im on, though im hoping someone elze has found it before, save me a few hours ;)

im stuck on the same memories now! looked everywhere for it

1 hour ago, Xx_kingbill_xX said:

im stuck on the same memories now! looked everywhere for it

Yea its really peeing me off, im tempted to just give up, wait for some1 else to find it and I can move onto figuring out Stoic requirements and exact speedrun time

Thing is you think its somewhere between #20 and #22 right but which one is it, #13 or somet that actually triggers LATER, after #15 is it..? So #21 may not necessarily be between #20 and #22, could pop later and work similar to the earlier one which pops out of order............ Love it xD

44 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

How do you know what memories you got for Curator, and which ones you didn't get? Are they numbered in the notebook? 

In the Journal, you have a Items, Notes, MEMORIES tab. Go on the memories and they are all they listed in a fixed order, but not numbered, you must count from bottom. 

There are fixed memories in there like the first few of your teammates names and one of a little girl, so to avoid confusion, I keep saying 'assuming Laudomat is #1' as that is the 1st one you actually collect, otherwise some may miscount the memories

EDIT:

Scrub that..... Potentially...... 

On Steam they have the memories as the cylinder type objects which have a sort of audio log inside, see here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2265491847 not sure if its complete though

I guess its in the name, the cylinder in the trophy image represents the cylinder type devices, and the descript says 'memories of OTHERS'!! 

Thank goodness, should make it easier,  no idea where that scrapbook memory is

Edited by Optinooby

Scratch my 4th post at the top of this page about the Archivist trophy, I said it pops on the 2 notes in TDW, it did but seems there is more to it. 

On running on another account and I collected the EXACT 4 notes I collected b4 to pop the trophy and its not worling here, so there is more to it than just NOTES it seems......... ;(

EDIT:

Im ? maybe it was patched to work properly as I just cant get it now getting EXACT same notes. 

Before you need only 2 x Explorer's Notes, but with todays bug fixes with 1.04, maybe now you need All Explorers Notes?? 

Edited by Optinooby

On 22/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, Velvet said:

Hey Velvet, I cant pop the ARCHIVIST trophy now on an alt after the patch, ive tried it my way that work twice before and collecting everything, basically ive spent the last few hours testing variables, perhaps abt 12 times, and im at the conclusion now that it has been glitched during the patch so now cant obtain, or it was glitched before and NOW its been fixed so different requirements (that would explain why the pop trigger didnt seem to fit description). 

Can you check your method plz m8 once on an alt and see if it pops with the patch, would just be nice to have another perspective....?? 

Damn, imagine if it was buggy b4 and now it requires ALL notes *gulp*. It did seem a bit to easy for a silver if im honest, the rest of the trophies colors reflect the difficulty pretty well except this 1. Or maybe its been fixed to require a certain amount of notes, similar to the bottles and matches, the trophy image depicts that as well.. 

Edited by Optinooby

The requirements for Archivist, Caretaker, and possibly Lightbringer all changed with the latest patch. You're going to need a lot more notes now, lol. Caretaker I couldn't get to unlock at the start of The Cistern, but now it unlocks at the start of The Oasis <- still testing that, though, but talked with the kiddo as much as I could, it just didn't unlock until that moment. Lightbringer popped before with 65 and 72 matches lit, the current test run I'm on, I'm up to 86 and just got done with the Alchemist's Chambers. 

Sometimes being a chronic notetaker has its perks, lol.