Trophy Thoughts?

x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

6 minutes ago, kjiscool211 said:

Has anyone found out where you get Nope, Merci! trophy? 

When you enter the cave for the first time, proceed a bit further until you turn right into a dark corridor that has a torch at the end of it. Tasi cries out "Salim...". You can save and quit immediately after she says his name, that is how I got it. 

Source: someone named NeThZOR making a achievement guide on steam community

57 minutes ago, Velvet said:

The requirements for Archivist, Caretaker, and possibly Lightbringer all changed with the latest patch. You're going to need a lot more notes now, lol. Caretaker I couldn't get to unlock at the start of The Cistern, but now it unlocks at the start of The Oasis <- still testing that, though, but talked with the kiddo as much as I could, it just didn't unlock until that moment. Lightbringer popped before with 65 and 72 matches lit, the current test run I'm on, I'm up to 86 and just got done with the Alchemist's Chambers. 

Sometimes being a chronic notetaker has its perks, lol. 

Lol ;), has its perks true 

Dunno why i had to use 125 matches, did it glitch for me or for you xD

I did notice caretaker (thought it was caregiver) unlocks in oasis, before patch think it unlocked for me much earlier

28 minutes ago, kjiscool211 said:

Has anyone found out where you get Nope, Merci! trophy? 

Go in2 first cave and head forward until you hear a wind whistling sound, its at the point where you turn right to progress not far past Tasi hanknote, quit then. EDIT, seems Monteblommie already answered ;)

Edited by Optinooby

I got STOIC trophy, did a bit of experimenting by letting queen kill me, then reloading and removing 1 grab below death grab, checking and then 1 grab less checking again etc

It did pop after a GRAB from the Queen, but wouldnt pop from many grabs from her. There is so much going on with the fear build up that I dont wanna say too much on it case of confusion

What I noticed though is that even a shake free can build up fear in your veins, just at a very slower rate. 

There is ONE story full grab in the game btw the and that is in the caves. There is a scriptes grab in the maze but its not really a grab as u kick loose so dont think that counts. 

Basically, from my perspective, because its so hard to track this trophy, its best just to avoid as many grabs as possible. 

You can view ur arm really nicely at the end as it is right in your face, so i got some clear screenshots of my arms when the trophy popped, just annoying because for the rest of the game u onpy see the see and the think there are very subtle changes that are hard to see. 

Hope that helps, maybe the players looking at filea can get be more specific, but ive not seen anything so far that gives a CLEAR indication of how it works exactly

LIGHTBRINGER has me stumped though, I lit loads on my alt as I went for STOIC and it never popped. Perhaps it IS connected to how long the match burns for, perhaps there is a tracker for how long matches burn, or maybe the counter is for when you light a match in a DARK place so that it actually illuminates..... 

When trophy popped for me before, i was in a dark place and it popped AS SOON as i lit the match. Anybody have take on that, did it pop for anyone while the match was midway burning or in a already lluminated spot?? 

EDIT: Found a infinite source of matches so will accurately test Lightbringer after speedrun, praise the sun for that ;)

Edited by Optinooby

I know it's frowned upon to post for other sites on here, but it's being transferred over to PSNP soon enough (or at least a version/snippet of it), just taking some time as some can imagine, lol.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/amnesia-rebirth/347661-amnesia-rebirth-notes-recorded-memories-matchbook-guide.html

You'll need 80 notes total for Archivist, guide shows all 115. Presumably all. Idk if I can check many more corners, lol. Shows all the collectibles in the order they'll appear in the game as well. I should get some sleep now. 

Maybe. Grats to those who earned your plats already =] I suck at being stealthy so Stoic is being super fun

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Velvet said:

I know it's frowned upon to post for other sites on here, but it's being transferred over to PSNP soon enough (or at least a version/snippet of it), just taking some time as some can imagine, lol.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/amnesia-rebirth/347661-amnesia-rebirth-notes-recorded-memories-matchbook-guide.html

You'll need 80 notes total for Archivist, guide shows all 115. Presumably all. Idk if I can check many more corners, lol. Shows all the collectibles in the order they'll appear in the game as well. I should get some sleep now. 

Maybe. Grats to those who earned your plats already =] I suck at being stealthy so Stoic is being super fun

Well done on that guide and a big thanks on behalf of every1, im done myself, but it will help others a great deal. 

My Archivist popped on 2nd note in The Portal Chamber so a bit earlier than yours, only just though, so u may have missed a few ;) (ive got trophy 4 times now, twice when it waa bugged and popped on a specific 2 notes in TDW, and since twice at 80 notes like yourself). 

About the matches, 1 or 2 here have said they needed 70ish matches. Ive done it twice now, before patch and after and I needed 120ish BOTH times. Ive also seen some on Steam say they got it at 120, so I think its 120 and those that got it earlier was maybe just a bug. 

Also, there is a matchbox in The Arsenal that spawns infinitely. In the room where you boil the sulfur, put the sulfur in but DO NOT light the stove candle. Then use all your matches, then walk out the room, be sure you are facing away, then turn and come back in and some will have spawned by the stove. Use them all up again, leave then reenter and then will spawn again, rinse repeat xD

When I first looked at your guide, I was thinking 'why have you put memories but have missed loads at the start', but then I realise you actually referring to the cylinders. This is just my opinion but I think you may be better just changing those to 'CYLINDERS' to prevent the potential confusion. It very easy to misinterpret the words 'memories from/off others in this game as we actually have a tab in the journal name memories and actually has memories that could be interpreted as 'off others' which has nothing to do with trophies, just a thought bud is all ;)

What are your thoughts on the speedrun trophy if any, do you know if timer counts during loading screens? 

Edited by Optinooby

7 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

At the beginning when you fall in the caves, and Tasi wakes up in another place, count as Death? 

Its scripted, and you are perhaps allowed a few deaths anyway, its just the fear meter is VERY tricky to monitor so its safer to avoid ALL deaths, as much grabs as possible along with fear building. 

From what I seen after experimenting endgame with the trophy for a few hrs and monitoring my arms, taking screenshota, I think Fear buildup VERY VERY slowly affects your fear meter, a GRAB shake loose affects your meter a bit more and a GRAB DEATH affects it the most. 

The meter I mean because you dont turn ghoul straight away, you need to hit a required level off fear, hence my mention of meter. 

You realpy wanna keep deaths to 0, shake loose to lower than 5 and dont hang in dark for too long. Really though you want no shake loose and no death. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Its scripted, and you are perhaps allowed a few deaths anyway, its just the fear meter is VERY tricky to monitor so its safer to avoid ALL deaths, as much grabs as possible along with fear building. 

From what I seen after experimenting endgame with the trophy for a few hrs and monitoring my arms, taking screenshota, I think Fear buildup VERY VERY slowly affects your fear meter, a GRAB shake loose affects your meter a bit more and a GRAB DEATH affects it the most. 

The meter I mean because you dont turn ghoul straight away, you need to hit a required level off fear, hence my mention of meter. 

You realpy wanna keep deaths to 0, shake loose to lower than 5 and dont hang in dark for too long. Really though you want no shake loose and no death. 

Thanks, there are any other scripted "Death"? 

5 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Thanks, there are any other scripted "Death"? 

You have the plane scripted fear event, the caves fear event, then the caves death event. 

And then the maze Leon grab

So 4 scripted events in total, the plane and caves drop cannot result in death, the enemy in the caves is a death and the Leon grab, well I dont think that counts as anything

You used to think the wisp maiden encounter on the tram at the end when 2 appear was scripted as it always got me and i couldnt avoid, but i did on last run so you can avoid. 

The wisp maidens are the worse enemies

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Interesting. What can I do in a Stoic playthrough, IF I screw up? Does it help to quickly hit Save & Exit, or do I need to do this before I'm grabbed? 

Is it a good idea to abuse uploads to the Cloud, or is that unnecessary? 

No, no need to abuse save uploads

If you die or get grabbed, just exit then continue, the grab/death wont carry to a earlier save

What I would advise is during any moments where you are worried, like before the nest or before the maze, save and exit if you mess up, when you reload you will be put right back b4 ;)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Alright thanks! 

Btw, it really bugs me how the Archivist trophy propped so early for me. It looks strange how I got it 1 hour into the game, when 75% of notes are required for it. Did it glitch (positively) for a lot of people? 

It did m8 yea. It was bugged so that the first 2 x Explorer Notes in The Dark World would pop it, it actually popped for me tiwce this way, on each of the 2 notes!!!

Since the patch though, it has taken me 80 notes to pop it, both times and I currently have 2 more times I need to pop it, can't wait xD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Haha oh well. Still, it looks so wrong I got it so early. 

Btw, can I click Save and Exit at any point in a chapter, and then reload my save and start from there, or will it send me back to the start of the level? 

Yea, your can do that m8!! Its just annoying we cant reload from option menu. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks mate! Should I take Laudanum if the screen has the black fear stuff around the edges? I can't make it go away after the encounter with the red... slime chase in The Tomb? 

I've only found two Laudanums and I save them for the water sections as nothing else you can do, I use 1 at the end of the cistern and 1 in the lower factory.

Never had problems with the tomb blood chase, maybe you just need to go a bit quicker through the earlier parts, or touch less red stuff xD

• 2 years later...

Around 15 hours total for this platinum. Because I failed to notice that the "Overlooked" trophy didn't unlock during my initial playthrough, I was forced to do another partial run until the Cistern just to earn it, before starting my speedrun on Adventure mode proper; must've added another 30 minutes or so. The only challenging trophy is "Speedster," but out of the many speedrun trophies I've done, Rebirth's has to be among the easiest.

For one, you can earn it on Adventure difficulty, where neither enemies or darkness are a threat, allowing you to sprint right through. This only adds several extra, quite simple puzzles to the game, with the most noticeable changes being seen in the Cistern: the specific one which seems to trip people up most requires that you throw a brick to knock a shelf off the wall, hop down to raise the water level via a wheel, then jump across the now floating boards. If you have trouble solving these, there's at least one video walkthrough available.

Secondly, the easy variation of the Alchemist's Lab skip (this one, not the chair clip), is a cinch to perform, and lets you bypass tons of gameplay. I did it successfully on my very first attempt, with no practice. Just be careful about holding R2 to skip memory scenes too early, since it can permanently glitch your camera movement. This occurred in a cave early on, so I had to load an earlier save to fix it. Also, any significant mistakes you make can be erased by exiting without saving, and simply reloading to try the segment over again—it doesn't add the time.