Hello!

Snoeijske

41 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Welcome to the forums! I heard that the witcher 3 is quite the grind! Best of luck with your goals!

It wasn't that hard. I played it with a guide next to me because there are some missable trophies when you make some choices during the main story. But while playing I forgot to do some simple things like a x amount of headshots and knocking people of cliffs. So that are the only trophies I still need to get.

But I assume you haven't played it yet? I found it a very entertaining game!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Snoeijske said:

It wasn't that hard. I played it with a guide next to me because there are some missable trophies when you make some choices during the main story. But while playing I forgot to do some simple things like a x amount of headshots and knocking people of cliffs. So that are the only trophies I still need to get.

But I assume you haven't played it yet? I found it a very entertaining game!

I have not. I've actually read the witcher books too so I am interested in the game. Not sure where it fits on the timeline though.

It's always on sale, but I'm just trying to clear up some first party games like HZD, GoW, Day's Gone, etc. before picking up other PS4 games.

• Like 1

Those headshots are a "major" pain, really the only thing that I didn't love about the game was going for that trophy.  In a videogame, it should not be as difficult to shoot somebody in the head and kill them as it is in that game.  Devil's Pit in Velen really is the easiest place to do it though.  A large and easily renewable concentration of human enemies and with an endgame Geralt, everyone there is pretty low level so you're not in any real danger and it will take less shots to kill them, just make sure it's an actual headshot though because the reticle isn't a good indicator of that.  And as for where it falls in the timeline, might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the events of the three games all function as a sequel to everything that happens in the books and stories.  It is a wonderful game though, one of the absolute best of the generation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cherrywood said:

Those headshots are a "major" pain, really the only thing that I didn't love about the game was going for that trophy.  In a videogame, it should not be as difficult to shoot somebody in the head and kill them as it is in that game.  Devil's Pit in Velen really is the easiest place to do it though.  A large and easily renewable concentration of human enemies and with an endgame Geralt, everyone there is pretty low level so you're not in any real danger and it will take less shots to kill them, just make sure it's an actual headshot though because the reticle isn't a good indicator of that.  And as for where it falls in the timeline, might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the events of the three games all function as a sequel to everything that happens in the books and stories.  It is a wonderful game though, one of the absolute best of the generation.

It truly is one of the best games I've played on the PS4. But you are also right about the shooting. I didn't like how the crossbow worked so I barely used it, which is the reason I don't got the trophy. But like I said in my first post, it's on my to do list for this year. Thanks for the tip! When I install the Witcher again I will go straight to Devil's Pit. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 8:29 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I have not. I've actually read the witcher books too so I am interested in the game. Not sure where it fits on the timeline though.

It's always on sale, but I'm just trying to clear up some first party games like HZD, GoW, Day's Gone, etc. before picking up other PS4 games.

Technically all three games happen after the last book @Beyondthegrave07

also welcome to the site @Snoeijske

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

Technically all three games happen after the last book @Beyondthegrave07

also welcome to the site @Snoeijske

That's very interesting because the final book ends in kind of an unusual place.

Though, I want to say that the scar on Ciri's face sounds much more gruesome in the book than what it looks like on the game. The English version of the book uses the term "disfigured" and says that she looks like death while riding on her black mare. Granted, scars do shrink over time, but I imagined it'd go across one side of her face, from mouth to ear.

Probably a discussion for another time, but I appreciate you taking the time to answer!

• Like 2

giphy.gif

Yep, welcome to our little corner of the internet, hope you'll enjoy your time here! There was going to be punch and pie, but the delivery trucks were hijacked by a time-traveling cyborg Dick Turpin. By my reckoning, you're way ahead of the curve with your English, so I wouldn't worry about that :yay:

• Like 1