Survival of the Fittest?

Ashande

The description reads “During Mission 9: ‘Made in Japan’ while playing as Storm Shadow, defeat most of the ninjas using melee attacks.”

I have done this mission 4 times with Storm Shadow, each time being careful to only use melee attacks on the ninjas and killing all of them (including the ones that spawn when you grab the Arishkage scrolls and the handful that appear in the defense sequences.) Firefly may have blown up one or two, but I’m fairly certain the majority were melee killed (with the Triangle button), but still no trophy. Is it glitched/bugged in some way (unlikely, since others have it) or am I doing something wrong? Is the percentage required so tight that Firefly’s questionable “help” is hosing me, here? Or is it actually to kill most of the enemies in the mission with melee, not just the ninjas? (Which would make sense, given that the other trophy for the level has you doing that with Firefly’s rockets.)

I’m about ready to do the mission over with the “melee only” modifier activated, but not looking forward to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Did the level again with Melee Only on, still no trophy. Something is obviously up, here.

Edited by Ashande
Additional attempts/info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashande said:

The description reads “During Mission 9: ‘Made in Japan’ while playing as Storm Shadow, defeat most of the ninjas using melee attacks.”

I have done this mission 4 times with Storm Shadow, each time being careful to only use melee attacks on the ninjas and killing all of them (including the ones that spawn when you grab the Arishkage scrolls and the handful that appear in the defense sequences.) Firefly may have blown up one or two, but I’m fairly certain the majority were melee killed (with the Triangle button), but still no trophy. Is it glitched/bugged in some way (unlikely, since others have it) or am I doing something wrong? Is the percentage required so tight that Firefly’s questionable “help” is hosing me, here? Or is it actually to kill most of the enemies in the mission with melee, not just the ninjas? (Which would make sense, given that the other trophy for the level has you doing that with Firefly’s rockets.)

I’m about ready to do the mission over with the “melee only” modifier activated, but not looking forward to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Did the level again with Melee Only on, still no trophy. Something is obviously up, here.

your AI partner is probably killing 1. i got it by setting up co-op with a second controller and just letting them sit there idle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ashande said:

1 hour ago, EightBitArtist said:

your AI partner is probably killing 1. i got it by setting up co-op with a second controller and just letting them sit there idle.

This is the only trophy giving me problems so far.

I've done the mission about 10 times now and I still haven't gotten it. I've had modifiers off and on. The only thing I haven't tried is the 2 player co-op option like EightBitArtist suggests.. I was going to attempt it that way tonight.

But regardless of all that. I have already reached out to the developer and publisher on twitter. IguanaBee and GameMillEntertainment. They responded to me the other day. So they seem to be aware of the issue.

Edited by JayBizzle311

1 hour ago, JayBizzle311 said:

This is the only trophy giving me problems so far.

I've done the mission about 10 times now and I still haven't gotten it. I've had modifiers off and on. The only thing I haven't tried is the 2 player co-op option like EightBitArtist suggests.. I was going to attempt it that way tonight.

But regardless of all that. I have already reached out to the developer and publisher on twitter. IguanaBee and GameMillEntertainment. They responded to me the other day. So they seem to be aware of the issue.

if it makes you feel any better, my collectables trophy glitched on me.