What is your greatest achievement in gaming?

Trumpet_Boi_208

On 10/22/2020 at 9:31 AM, kaltezhan said:

Learning english without spending a dime thanks to mmorpgs. Made my broke ass brazilian wallet very happy, and opened a bunch of opportunities for better jobs.

Honestly i think this is the best achievement, like i am impressed with what people have said, but this one is just so humble and amazing!

Its like someone learning Chinese from watching Kung Fu movies Ha!

Edited by VaNiDgE
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 21/10/2020 at 10:31 PM, kaltezhan said:

Learning english without spending a dime thanks to mmorpgs. Made my broke ass brazilian wallet very happy, and opened a bunch of opportunities for better jobs.

Same here, Civilization 1 (miss that angry Gandhi lol) and Might & Magic IV & V in my case. Edutainment FTW!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So this isn't a playstation moment but me and a group of friends used to play Halo 3 a lot 2 vs 2 on the map Valhalla, it was our favourite and we all knew the map inside out. We started to challenge ourselves playing as a 4 online and we had this one amazing match that sticks in memory. One of us was a quality sniper, one always chose vehicles, one with the spartan laser and I was pretty darn good with the battle rifle/shotgun combo. So we're playing a first to 50 team death match and things weren't going so well. The score was 49 to 43 with their team needing one more kill to win, us 7... we all stood in the middle of the map back to back like something from Bad Boys 2. Scraping back kills and keeping in the match we climbed to 49-47. I stuck one guy, shotgunned another and managed to save my mate who was about to die by the skin of my teeth with a battle rifle headshot, getting a triple kill to win the game.

We all stood up, cheering and hugging each other in absolute ecstasy. Best gaming moment of my life bar none. We still laugh about it now 12 years on... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I completed a living Pokedex in Alpha Sapphire.  I kind of feel off of Pokemon for awhile.  Completely skipped the third gen and Pearl.  Came back with HeartGold.  Completed the Pokedex in White.  Did it again in X.  And then in Alpha I had one of everything.

• Like 2

Finishing Kingdom Hearts 2 on the PS2 without having a single ability equipped because I didn't read the tutorial, back when I was around 10 years old. When my brother told me I could equip all sorts of abilities, my mind was blown away ?

Also, I got all ingame awards in Monster Hunter Freedom for the PSP solo. Crimson Fatalis alone was no joke, I had to change my whole build just for that big red noodle. Will always be proud of that one! ?

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi
  • Like 4

Sure, I’ve done harder things on my rather small account, but, if I had to pick the one accomplishment that gave me the utmost satisfaction, it would have to be no damaging the bosses in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Honestly, there was not a single moment while playing this game that I wasn’t smiling ear to ear! 

• Like 3

Just a fews ? all of this NON trophy related

1) getting "Altair knives cosmetics" in Assassin's Creed 3 multiplayer for completing ALL the in-game challenges (be in first place at 10 seconds to the end, take the artifact ecc...). I wasn't aiming at it, I just played A LOT that mode, I was quite good at that time: for me it is way better than AC Brotherhood or AC Revelations

2) played the hell out of the Batman Arkham games: got 100% in every save in every game, 4 in BA Asylum, 4 in BA City, 4 in BA Knight (yes, I remember every damn Riddle trophy in those games)

3) tryied every route in Detroit Become Human without looking at guides: played and getting notes about the choises in several playthrough and still missed some. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am working on it, but… I’ve always played in a tiny room, in a very small display and with enough space for just one console… and just a few months ago I finally bought my very own flat!

It has several rooms and one of them is going to be fully dedicated to gaming when it’s finished. It has shelves customized for physical games, an space for older consoles, a new and bigger display, a better chair for hours of adventuring, and some cool decorations (leds, a lamp shaped as a ps5 platinum trophy, plushies, some action figures, posters…)

It is still a work in progress, of course, but I can’t wait to see it finished!!!!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Beating Dead Space 2 on Hardcore Mode and beating The Evil Within 1 on Akumu Mode. Those were a real test of my will power.

With Dead Space Remake on the horizon, I have a feeling they'll implement Hardcore Mode into it and my will power will be tested again.

• Like 2