What is your greatest achievement in gaming?

Trumpet_Boi_208

Have to be honest here, former primary Xbox player here.  My best gaming achievement has to be leaving Xbox 2 years ago after acquiring nearly 305,000 Gamerscore over the years.  Due to their disgusting business direction.  And in that time, acquiring a quite a bit of trophies in a short time.

Honorary Mention, Platinuming EA MMA.  

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell check
  • Like 1

I finished 3 times Super Mario 64 (all 120 stars, the 2nd because the save got erased from the cartridge, the 3rd for one of my nephews). It's hard but rewarding. The camera is tricky on the last 2 levels, but movement and precision is superb. Still my favorite platform game of all time, even and because of its age. The 5 Mario games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2, and Odyssey) are hands down in the top 10 platform games of all time.

I have to boot it again, hope the last save it's still there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

Have to be honest here, former primary Xbox player here.  My best gaming achievement has to be leaving Xbox 2 years ago after acquiring nearly 305,000 Gamerscore over the years.  Due to their disgusting business direction.  And in that time, acquiring a quite a bit of trophies in a short time.

Honorary Mention, Platinuming EA MMA.  

I left Xbox 5 years ago for the same reason after acquiring 276,000 gamerscore..

But I’d have to say my greatest was being the number one ranked player worldwide on Return to Castle Wolfenstein on Xbox 360. Spent about 2 months at the top spot. Then went on holiday for 2 weeks and dropped down to 14th. Decided to have a few beers and pull an all nighter to try and grind back to first. Didn’t go to plan, I was 29th by morning ??

Edited by GizMo_The_Great
  • Like 3

I've got to say that I'm new to the PS4 and the trophy hunting world but my biggest achievement on PS4 has to be my Rocket League 100%, currently standing at 0.73% completion rating, and It takes some pretty good skills to get so that's why I'm proud of it. (I also wrote a trophy guide for this game on PSNProfiles)

But in my opinion, my biggest gaming achievement overall is that I've completed 175 games across 8 different platforms since I started playing video games (that was 6 years ago).

so in quick calculation that's about 29 games a year, and with a girlfriend, a job, and school I think that's pretty admirable.

Never give up on your hobbies guys :)

Edited by OmriStyIe
  • Like 1

Wow, this thread became more popular than I anticipated lol.

Anyway, one of my two biggest gaming achievements is getting #1 on a course in Pac-Man: Championship Edition 2 on xbox one. If you don’t believe me, take this link and scroll through my activity, and you’ll find the screenshot as proof. https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1

The other is me getting the platinum for WipEout: Omega Collection, which I consider to be the most difficult platinum I’ve ever earned. I’m quite proud of this, as I’ve had little experience with racers, with the exception of a little Mario Kart here and there, but apart from that, I don’t play racers. I found this game in my library and decided to go for it, as I’m a bit masochistic like that. Holy, crap. That platinum was hard, especially Beat Zico: HD, and Elite Campaign Legend.

Thanks for showing off your proudest gaming achievements to the world to fill my curiosity! :)

31 minutes ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

I left Xbox 5 years ago for the same reason after acquiring 276,000 gamerscore..

But I’d have to say my greatest was being the number one ranked player worldwide on Return to Castle Wolfenstein on Xbox 360. Spent about 2 months at the top spot. Then went on holiday for 2 weeks and dropped down to 14th. Decided to have a few beers and pull an all nighter to try and grind back to first. Didn’t go to plan, I was 29th by morning 1f602.png1f602.png

Yeah it wasn't easy leaving all that time grinding achievements, and GamerScore.  But I had to take a stand.  

But that is a funny story and an impressive feat on Wolfenstein!  

99 stars in Mirror's Edge

Platinum in Warhawk despite the hackers 

12 Curator medals (Overseer trophy) in Crushing difficulty in Uncharted 3 by helping my friends

Finish 2017 getting Valor Grand Cross (Killzone 2 server shutdown) and Dedication (Crysis 2, trophy bugged for me) on the night of December 31st. I almost cried. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, funboy1246 said:

honestly this may sound kinda lame but, getting my mother into gaming. i take care of my mother and she lives with me. i do my gaming in the living room and she sits there and watches. its like a movie for her. she's always commenting on the story or somehting. "Oh i hope you kill that a$$hole." etc etc. she's often disappointed when i stop for the night cause she wants to know what happens next. its a cool bonding experience and its the highlight of my day.

Not lame at all. In fact, when I’m playing games which is in the front room, sometimes my mother comes along when she’s not busy  and just sits down to chill and watch me play. She’ll also make small comments on some games I play saying ‘oh this game reminds me of Super Mario back in the day’ because at the time I was playing a side scroller. So yeah I know exactly how you feel ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

In 2008 I reached top 25 on the Call of Duty 4 kill leaderboard, with 147,000 kills in seven months. I had to play an unhealthy amount of time each day to gain ground once I reached the top 100, and I quit the day I reached 25th. To follow up, I reached 26th in the World at War kill leaderboards for Domination before getting my first full time job in December 2008. Never could keep up with the leaderboards after that between full time school and work.

Very well played! I adored the multiplayer for both of these games, it’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had gaming, more so on CoD4. I don’t think many games these days will come close to the same excitement for when it comes to playing. I reached just inside the top 100 on the score leaderboard for CoD4 on PS3 during 2009. I loved mixing up game modes between going for score and kills, I’m pretty sure I had around the same amount of kills as you by the time I was finished 

Oh to be young again ?

7 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Oh boi!

GTA Online:

I've achieved world records in 245 different races in all classes (cars, motorbikes, planes, jets, helicoptors, boats, bicycles and even a golf cart).

I'm rank 2000+ with 300 days playtime. Nothing trophy related was as hard as beating world records in GtaO to me. Zbactvg.png

Minecraft(Java)

On a solo suvival map (playtime of 70 days) I've build a medival like city with the size of 125.000 square meters. It is impossible to imagine the size of the city with only one screenshot so if someone of you like minecraft I can add you to a Ps4 group for pics.

aWLxh2z.png

Spore Pc

I beat the Grox in space age. Took a long time to conquer thousands of systems to annihilate them completely.

Dark Souls

SL1 Playthrough.

That medieval Minecraft city looks so cool! I’ve never played Minecraft so it’s hard for me to get a frame of reference for how long and difficult this would be, but I used to watch videos of Minecraft replicas of famous buildings, or teams that would build a full scale replica of the Titanic or some castle like Winterfell from Game of Thrones. The creativity of some people out there never ceases to amaze me. I would definitely be interested in seeing your pictures!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Which race are you missing? If you can gold all the Elite races, you can pretty much beat Zico. You’re very close to getting the plat, think about those who didn’t get the chance to do the online trophies before they shut down the servers, for you it’s still obtainable - you got this!

First off, when I said "probably not my greatest moment" I meant the Dark Souls thing. I just placed that part poorly.

But thank you, pimp! I will keep going ?. The only race I have left is one on Chenghou Project. Just a normal race. Those sharp turns just kill me, especially with the fact that I did most of the entire game with a third party controller because all the first party ones I had were terrible. But this little thing has lasted me a long time, got 6 axis and everything and it only cost $10. And I got to like 31.53 seconds on that course of the 30.82 of the Beat Zico trophy, I honestly thought I was gonna do it that time. Thank you for the support :)

• Like 2

I haven't done anything super special, but earning the Bloodborne platinum on my old account was a big moment for me. I had taken a long break from gaming and essentially did nothing in the ps3/xbox360 era because of full-time college and full-time work and young kids. So getting a PS4 and beating Bloodborne was a big "I've still got it!" moment. Echoed later with earning Becomes the Master trophy in Titanfall 2 when I started trying to hunt trophies. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb

Holding records for fastest 100% in multiple games; I only ever speedrun games that I thoroughly enjoy though, and it feels good to pick apart a game and learn routes for the quickest way to get each trophy. Some records I hold include BioShock, BioShock 2, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Bloodborne, Destroy All Humans, Wolfenstein 2009, and several more. I’m still going for records, so my list will grow. 

• Like 4