What is your greatest achievement in gaming?

Trumpet_Boi_208

Most of mine would probably seem rather pedestrian to some more skilled players and more accomplished trophy hunters - particularly as the ‘rarities’ for the associated trophies don’t reflect the difficulty I personally found in some of my proudest moments, but there are certainly a few moments I recall really savouring the victories.

Beating Nex Machina was tough for me, as I am not a natural twin-stick shooter kind of guy, but I loved that game.

Recently, getting the Community Challenge dlc pack done for Arkham Knight was a biggie, as was getting that Test of the Hunt trophy in Shadow of Mordor.

The one that really stands out in my mind though, was beating all the Dunwall City Trials trophies in Dishonoured.

There are a few trials in there that are extremely tricky, and it took a lot of patience and practice to beat them. That one really felt like a victory ?

Edit:

Wait.... actually...

My true biggest gaming victory?

Anyone on these forums who tried Prey, after my incessant and unrelenting campaign of spreading the word of that fantastic game!

Those are my biggest victories!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

If we put trophies/achievements aside i think being 49th on global leaderboard in injustice impossible battle mode with better time completion than some of the first 10. Its been 4 years from now so i dont know what rank i am currently.

If speaking of trophies i would go for being in top 50 in fastest achievers on super meat boy platinum even though i played it first time on PS4, but i was surpassed now by few players :).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Quitting online Tekken 7.

The community was mostly formed by toxic, unfriendly people who would costantly mock you either for losing or for your playstyle/the character you were using, regardless of the result of the match, or they would ki charge when they won (Ki Charging is a disrespectful act done right after winning a match, as it mocks the defeated opponent). It is indeed possible to prevent PSN messages from strangers to be sent, and there is even an in-game feature that prevents opponents' ki charges to be seen... But was it really necessary? I couldn't keep playing regardless, with the fear of being playing against an unpolite person, rather than a friendly opponent, so I literally burned out and I decided to stop, unfortunately I am a really fragile person and as time passed I kept losing passion for the game. I am a bit sorry about that because I love competitive Tekken and I am, actually, a pretty good player, but playing Online with strangers was driving me insane. And either way, playing Tekken online is not exactly the best thing to do, considering that in the competitive scene frame data (60 Frames = 1 Second) is vital and that just one tiny connection issue fucks up everything. It's been more than a year since I dropped Tekken, I really miss it and I would love to play it again offline against a skilled, friendly opponent, but I don't know anyone who plays it well. Selling my game away has been the best decision I have made in the last few years: I hope one day I will return to the game in an offline scene, but until that day, I'm fine with that.

That really sucks man - sorry to hear that. It’s always sad to hear someone’s passion being trodden on by a toxic online atmosphere. ?

have you had a look on facebook forums or the likes, to see if there is any kind of Iron Fist club / tournament scene in your local area?

I remember there used to be a few things like that in the Street Fighter community around the time of SSFIV.

Even if there isn’t, I’d bet there are some other players around that would be interested if you set one up - maybe try checking in with any local gaming scene (Console bars, or arcades or anything where players might congregate) and put a few feelers out to see if there is interest?

Worth a shot, if nothing else -there might be more players around you than you think! ? 

26 minutes ago, Storfl_92 said:

Haha thats a lie1f602.png

Without counting dlc bosses, chalice dungeon bosses and getting my ass handed to my by Gascoine and BSB at the beginning, bosses weren't the biggest problem in BB for me either, I killed most of them on first try as well. The game was very punishing but bosses were surprisingly... less hard.

• Like 1

I don’t really have poof(unless you search left 4 dead stuff on YouTube)

But me being the #1 player on Left 4 Dead  1 for Xbox for like a year.

It wasn’t what I’d call super active but everyone who played was legit solid at the game.

I remember when we all made a tournament and my team won, man there were so many close matches.

That’s was like 5years ago but I’m always gonna remember how much that game and community left on me.

Asides from that, 

Id say 100% in Wolfestin 2 or Black Knight Sword would be my greatest achievement/trophy feat.

Joining a game in progress of TDM on the Checkout map on Gears of War 3 with my sister & friend, myself & my sister taking the last 2 lives leaving us the only 2 alive on the team we'd just joined & then proceeding to come back from a deficit of 28 lives & winning with just the 2 lives we'd spawned with (it came down to 3v2, I killed one of them & then died & she won the 2v1).

This might not seem anything special to most people but it was the best comeback not only that I've ever had but to this day still the best I've ever seen. The best part of it for me was having my sister as my wingwoman & her sealing the deal for us at the very end. And as a bonus, the whole lobby saw us join the game in progress & spawn with the last 2 lives so no-one could even call host advantage.

As I generally avoid multiplayer games (GoW was an exception to the rule, I enjoyed the multiplayer& was good at it) & much prefer single player, having someone I can play a game with at that level of play & knowing it's my own sister is pretty damn special.

• Like 1

One of my favourite things isn't actually a feat but more a gift. I played League of Legends better zealously back in the day from its alpha to about 2014/2015, playing comp, helping alot of new players and supporting and helping some in the forums with guides and item/skill breakdowns.

Anyways one day I get a random email, it was an undisclosed corporate e-mail never seen the email before they mentioned in it was someone from Riot Games. So I messaged the one community rep as I talked them from time to time and they confirmed it was an internal email and was okay for me to reply back. I did and they replied they wanted to get some personal information from me to send something my way.

After the email exchange three weeks pass I get home from work and there was this small package. Open it up and there's a black embossed box with Riot's logo on it. Within the box was a signed letter from Mark "Tryndamere" Merrill thanking me for my various support for the game over the last few years. And an autographed lithograph of my then most played Champion. Behind these was a Bronze colored statue of Teemo.

I found out after this item was given out to only a few selected players and employees. I don't play LoL as much anymore but I still keep the item on my nightstand ever since.

• Like 2

In 2002 (or 2003?), when SOCOM: US navy seals was released in europe, i was 13 years old. In the game, there was an add for the "beta test" of online gaming in europe. I subscribed for it and got picked to be in the early buyers of the PS2 network adaptator. I then founded a team for this game. The team played in the Electronic Sport League and we managed to win the the french-speaking european online tournament.

Good memories, i was interviewed (online) by the ESL, still a good memory even if regarding to nowadays' standard, it was really a small thing :)

• Like 2

Mh hard to say but most grindy/time wasted was all achievements in wow wotlk, cata, mop & wod (all when the addons were current content) and a few world/eu/german first kills untill i left the game. Besides that a few high ranks at esl in cs 1.6 back in the days. Still miss the 1.5 time. Since the end of my wow grind i switched to consoles, so may the new grind and new goals begin ^^

11 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That really sucks man - sorry to hear that. It’s always sad to hear someone’s passion being trodden on by a toxic online atmosphere. 1f641.png

have you had a look on facebook forums or the likes, to see if there is any kind of Iron Fist club / tournament scene in your local area?

I remember there used to be a few things like that in the Street Fighter community around the time of SSFIV.

Even if there isn’t, I’d bet there are some other players around that would be interested if you set one up - maybe try checking in with any local gaming scene (Console bars, or arcades or anything where players might congregate) and put a few feelers out to see if there is interest?

Worth a shot, if nothing else -there might be more players around you than you think! 1f914.png 

Yes some time ago I had checked, unfortunately there isn't anyone in my town (A pretty small one), but I had found someone who would meet and play in a bigger city about one hour from where I live. However, at the time I didn't have a driving licence/a car yet and I couldn't go play with them, and now that I have, these guys have stop meeting and playing. Also now there is covid and all either way, not exactly the best period to meet with someone and play games with them :lol: Time to time I made my family/friends play Tekken Tag 2 and I tried to teach them how to play for real, but they weren't interested and would just smash buttons, still funny playing with them but it's not what I wanted ?

And by the way, yes, my story with me dropping Tekken is really sad, I am 22 years old and I played my first Tekken (Tekken 3) when I was 3 or 4, I started to learn competitive at 19 and it could have become something more... Instead it became something less. Years ago I even wanted to make a tattoo of the two Tekken kanjis, or Jin Kazama's tattoo on my arm, glad I didn't, today I would never do that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, czDante92 said:

Without counting dlc bosses, chalice dungeon bosses and getting my ass handed to my by Gascoine and BSB at the beginning, bosses weren't the biggest problem in BB for me either, I killed most of them on first try as well. The game was very punishing but bosses were surprisingly... less hard.

You guys are completley crazy. I died 30 times to the 1st boss in DS3. Of course you had some "souls likes" xp. Ds3 was my 1st one and i cant imagine how somebody can be so good at a game haha?

16 hours ago, Sn1per666999 said:

Afraid not. Sekiro and Nioh are a different story.

Thats insane ?

On 27/02/2021 at 8:00 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Most of mine would probably seem rather pedestrian to some more skilled players and more accomplished trophy hunters - particularly as the ‘rarities’ for the associated trophies don’t reflect the difficulty I personally found in some of my proudest moments, but there are certainly a few moments I recall really savouring the victories.

Beating Nex Machina was tough for me, as I am not a natural twin-stick shooter kind of guy, but I loved that game.

Recently, getting the Community Challenge dlc pack done for Arkham Knight was a biggie, as was getting that Test of the Hunt trophy in Shadow of Mordor.

The one that really stands out in my mind though, was beating all the Dunwall City Trials trophies in Dishonoured.

There are a few trials in there that are extremely tricky, and it took a lot of patience and practice to beat them. That one really felt like a victory ?

Edit:

Wait.... actually...

My true biggest gaming victory?

Anyone on these forums who tried Prey, after my incessant and unrelenting campaign of spreading the word of that fantastic game!

Those are my biggest victories!

Doesn’t matter if it’s not a big achievement to others, that’s what I love about games, you create your own goals and immerse yourself fully in games and the sense of achievement when you’ve completed your personal goals is such a good feeling. 

On 28/02/2021 at 5:19 AM, bluemoon1987 said:

Being #1 on the world leaderboards for numerous songs in numerous different music rhythm games including several tap tap games, the metronomicom and my favourite dj hero 1/2. 

I only wish I was that good at something even remotely useful. 

Congrats man, not an easy feat. The only sort of rhythm based game I’ve really played was guitar hero 3 back in the day on the wii and I understand the skill level you need to do well on the harder difficulties, let alone being at the top of the leaderboards. Fair play

On 28/02/2021 at 1:47 AM, lesk8vaincra said:

In 2002 (or 2003?), when SOCOM: US navy seals was released in europe, i was 13 years old. In the game, there was an add for the "beta test" of online gaming in europe. I subscribed for it and got picked to be in the early buyers of the PS2 network adaptator. I then founded a team for this game. The team played in the Electronic Sport League and we managed to win the the french-speaking european online tournament.

Good memories, i was interviewed (online) by the ESL, still a good memory even if regarding to nowadays' standard, it was really a small thing :)

No small thing at all, It’s something you’ll remember for the rest of your life. I’d be proud of that!

• Like 1