What is your greatest achievement in gaming?

Trumpet_Boi_208

I don't exactly have any achievements that stack up against most I've seen here. I'm dedicated to getting trophies but am more casual in my playing style meaning that I don't really go for platinums with a high difficulty rating. Getting achievements/trophies for completing games on the highest difficulty (the first few Modern Warfares, Mass Effect series, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock w/o using Vita chamber) is probably my pinnacle. Unlocking all achievements in Red Dead Redemption also was pretty rewarding.

The only specific moment that stands out is when I won the Super Bowl one season in my Madden league back on the original Xbox. That's pretty much the only time I was really into playing competitively online.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Tough question.

I beat Final Fantasy VII on PS1, final boss without touching the controller, have a youtube video on that.

I got the Summon spell Zodiac on all of my Final Fantasy Tactics characters, PS1.  Which means I had to do the set up for it and execute it about 15 times across 3 different trips into the level.

I got all the items, spells, rare gems, weapons, and Titles for Vagrant Story, PS1.  Including 50,000 Hits and 30,000 Kills, and Grand Master Breaker perform 30 + Chain Combos in a row.

I've beat Super Castlevania IV on SNES, the entire game without continuing, and I think without even dying one time.

I suppose for Trophies I would say Gluteus Maximus for Fat Princess, while it's currently my rarest trophy, it's not the rarity that impresses me as much as how incredibly hard it is; yet clearly they are relative of one another and it makes sense.  PS3

• Like 1

I've been wondering about this the other day, so it was kinda funny to scroll through the forums and find out about this thread. ? 

As for me, I feel like I'm still chasing that signature accomplishment to be honest, I did some challenging and grindy games on my previous account but nothing I would consider hard or satisfying enough to be deemed as my greatest gaming achievement. I have a few games on my backlog (Trials Fusion, Trackmania Turbo, Super Meat Boy, Wolfenstein II, Black Ops 4...) that could definitely qualify but I haven't done them yet. I'll comeback in this thread after completing the hardest games on my backlog to give a final verdict ? 

Edited by PlutoRico

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 5:11 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Probably this:

Status.jpg

Although probably almost anyone looking at that, will not get most of what's so impressive about it (nor why this is at the same time my most impressive failure too).

Old post, but I see the achievement there (A-spec points). From memory, your score is not quite the highest possible, which would explain the 'failure'?

---------------

My most satisfying achievements would have to be 100% on The Last Guy, 91 GT Sport wins and the N++ :platinum:. Hopefully I can add the Trackmania Turbo :platinum: to that list soon.

Edited by barra333

Nice Topic.

So many great posts/answers in here. Golly.
Well I started my journey in the beggining when trophies came out so end of 2008 I believe.

GTA IV one of the first guys out there to unlock the Platinum trophy. Hard game. - Also second in the World in Turf Wars mode in multiplayer version of GTA IV and my friend was first.
That being said - made couple of 
friendships that last to this day so that's 13 years. Visited United States because of that. That is a trophy for me.
Was on a
wedding also in US because of a friendship that I made playing Destiny.
Never not finishing a game trophywise which I touched and played. (
Singstar "crylol")
Was proud of my console when I left it running for the entire day in practise mode 
Mortal Kombat to earn time spent as 'acting hours spent' for each character while I was at work for 10-12 hours lol.
Getting 10.000 kills in
 Resistance 2 ranked online maches was a drag and an great feat to do.
I was number
#2 in global pistol efficiency/kills in Battlefield 3 back in the day. That might be the greatest.
Getting older so I am slowing down.
Trophies/Achievements taught me to play games on their hardest difficulties.
That's some of it that I remember or that stucked in my core brain lol.

Edited by Mr Green
Highlighting. #2
  • Like 3

This goes to a blood sweat and tears moment.. Little big planet PS3 Platinum. Without doubt.

Anyone that has attempted it or even played that level knows the sheer pain and anguish tied to it. I gave up on ever getting the plat way back in 2018 as i still didn't have the share, create and play trophies as I thought I couldn't ever get them. But thanks to lockdown it gave me motivation to attempt the plat on e more. I had got the share and create trophies and then decided to go for the infamous Play trophy.

It tore my soul apart as I kept trying and dying over and over again to ace all the levels.

Never again will I attempt a LBP plat 

Great thread idea, I think I used up all my reputation points for today right here.

Greatest gaming achievements, hmm. Well nothing like number one in world or winning a tournament - kudos to those here who reached such heights, it takes serious skill and dedication. For me personally, getting the Big Boss Emblem in MGS4 is probably one of if not my greatest achievement single player wise. Honorable mentions would be top 50 100% first achievers for Dragon Age Inquisition and Civilization 6. As for multiplayer, Killzone 3 was the first shooter I really got into. Never lead the leaderboards but good enough to be invited to join clans, lead to some great times with fellow clan members. One moment that stands out in my memory was joining a losing game with the score at 4-0 and my side getting base camped hard. I snuck out, set both demo charges and defended them until they blew making it  4-1. I proceeded to break the spawn camp and lead my team to 4-3 loss. The next game I lead my team to a 7-0 route and subsequently half the other team left before the next match started. I was quite pleased with myself and how I was able to rally my team and utterly turn the tables. 

I have some other moments that stand out, but these were the first that come to mind.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, barra333 said:

Old post, but I see the achievement there (A-spec points). From memory, your score is not quite the highest possible, which would explain the 'failure'?

---------------

My most satisfying achievements would have to be 100% on The Last Guy, 91 GT Sport wins and the N++ :platinum:. Hopefully I can add the Trackmania Turbo :platinum: to that list soon.

Yes, I think that the maximum was 108113 or something.. I was missing the max A-spec points in 5 One-make races, if I'm not wrong..

Everything else was done in the game (Max B-spec, All cars, All Golds and 100% win rate lol).

• Like 1

Acquiring a PlayStation 5, an Xbox Series X, an Xbox Series S and a Nintendo Switch OLED between March and October of this year without once going through a scalper and all from the same store (Smyths Toys, Ireland)

Edited by Stan Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managing to do the Chocobo 0:00:00 race in Final Fantasy X.

For 3 console generations that accomplishment eluded me, countless hours of trying and more controllers thrown through the room than I care to admit.

And after getting 0.2 seconds of the goal a couple days ago, I nearly lost it.

I was so mad that I was almost willing to pay someone to do it for me.

But, I went back to it myself later that day, and within a couple tries... it finally happened.

It might not be the hard in terms of general difficulty, and technically, I've beaten harder things in the past few years.

But, god... this definitely was one of the rare times that I screamed YESSSS!!!! when I finally did it.

You tortured me for almost twenty years, but no more :D

• Like 4

I was the first person on the EU leaderboards to get Fazbear's Fright on Sister Location. It says I'm second, but I'm pretty sure that guy got it earlier and then synced at a later date, so... sorta second place. Even still, it's a damn hard trophy that took me two weeks to crack, and I'm proud of it.

(Probably won't bother with 50/20 mode lol)

• Like 1

2 things from ages ago before trophies, speedruns, etc.

1) 1st person among my family & friends to beat Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's punchout for NES.  Everyone would call bullshit then I would put in the 0073735963 and could routinely beat him by TKO.  

2) 1st person in my group of family and friends that could clear Contra without the Konami code. 

Can't remember 90% of the numbers in my phone, but I can remember the tyson code, konami code, and the blood code from MK1.  ?  Played punch out not too long ago and got wrecked by Soda Popinsky  ???

If I had to go recent, would be platting THPS 1 & 2 after a broken controller and countless rage quits / swearing the game off. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...