DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods trophy thoughts?

Thephoenixshow

Definitely don’t think the word easy goes with this DLC at all! Very challenging but great fun, and a word of warning to anyone going for the Extra Life mode trophy - as with a lot of things in Ancient Gods it’s nothing like the main game and you really don’t get an abundance of extra lives so be sure to try and collect as many as you can to finish with the 5 needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

I cannot say I had trouble playing the original game on "Hurt me plenty", but the DLC. That is something different. I'm stuck on one encounter at the first level for over 1 hour.

It’s on a whole different level isn’t it! Try to prioritise using the super shotgun and its hook for the armour it gives plus remember to hit triangle as often as possible for the armour from that too, it really keeps you alive during the long and frantic fights which is pretty much 95% of the time during this dlc. I was struggling relying just on glory kills and blood punches, you really need the frequent armour boosts too.

19 hours ago, ser_davos said:

It’s on a whole different level isn’t it! Try to prioritise using the super shotgun and its hook for the armour it gives plus remember to hit triangle as often as possible for the armour from that too, it really keeps you alive during the long and frantic fights which is pretty much 95% of the time during this dlc. I was struggling relying just on glory kills and blood punches, you really need the frequent armour boosts too.

Exactly! Can confirm. I've been always using super shotgun and it's hook as a primary. But while playing the original game I've been always forgetting to use the flamethrower. This DLC actually made me do it. I just finished the second level and I couldn't imagine playing the final boss fight without it. Great DLC!

Edited by BloodyRutz

• 2 weeks later...