Disable Voice Chat?

bigrake1

How do you disable voice chat in Legends while engaged in match-made play? I see in audio settings where I can turn "incoming chat volume" to zero, but I don't see where you can disable in-game chat? I'm assuming my partners can hear everything on my end as well. I've been playing with some randoms, and when the volume is on, it's often a stream of cursing and sexual comments. (I have a child in the home.)

The only way to mute chat audio in game is to be in a party chat room by yourself, and since the latest update made it where making a private party chat impossible, the only way is to make a message room with one friend and ask the friend to leave so you can have an isolated message room to make a private chat party.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlackSabre500 said:

The only way to mute chat audio in game is to be in a party chat room by yourself, and since the latest update made it where making a private party chat impossible, the only way is to make a message room with one friend and ask the friend to leave so you can have an isolated message room to make a private chat party.

I do this but I invite my other account.

On 20/10/2020 at 11:15 PM, bigrake1 said:

How do you disable voice chat in Legends while engaged in match-made play? I see in audio settings where I can turn "incoming chat volume" to zero, but I don't see where you can disable in-game chat? I'm assuming my partners can hear everything on my end as well. I've been playing with some randoms, and when the volume is on, it's often a stream of cursing and sexual comments. (I have a child in the home.)

Just pause the game and in one of the tabs there is an option to mute a particular player if they leave the mic on and bother you

Edited by nrgjak

9 hours ago, nrgjak said:

Just pause the game and in one of the tabs there is an option to mute a particular player if they leave the mic on and bother you

This is what I've been doing, but you can't do that until after the loading is done. I've had two people with terrible mics having shouting conversations with someone that isn't me, and those 10 seconds of loading can't finish fast enough to get to that tab for a mute.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, DangerSpice said:

This is what I've been doing, but you can't do that until after the loading is done. I've had two people with terrible mics having shouting conversations with someone that isn't me, and those 10 seconds of loading can't finish fast enough to get to that tab for a mute.

In that case I just lower the volume of my headphones and basically mute the game for 10 seconds.. It can be annoying but not a major thing in my opinion