Scrap Locations Glitch

Darkwaxer

So I'm nearing the end of my race to get the Up For The Challenge trophy. Have 8 challenges left to do; finish a couple of camps, destroy a couple of convoys, lower a couple of regions, I've counted remaining insignia and scarecrows and I'm looking good.. apart from the scrap challenge. I've had a quick count tonight on remaining locations. I'm on 151 and looking at the map I have 75 remaining.  I've completed the survey crew challenges for the four strongholds and I've been checking my scrap locations.. I have 115 of 191 and have completed 151 locations, it matches. But I'm one location short from counting them on the map. I haven't finished the story missions or side quests yet so the missing one might pop up in a mission but I would've thought it would be already showing on the map. It's not in gastown as far as I'm aware.. I've been in the city and the pipes for Deep Friah.

What a treat it would be to start again...

-------EDIT---------

Found it, it was unmarked in Chumbucket's area. Phew.

Edited by Darkwaxer
Resolving thread
  • Like 2

I was in the same place as well, missing one location in the map.

Like the others said, one Scavenging Location item won't be displayed in the map until you gain access to it while playing the wasteland mission "Our Daily Bread" for Pink Eye. 

The entrance is covered by sand and it can only be accessed by playing that mission.

Is it normal for the scrap locations to be invisible on the map for Chumbucket's territory? I'm still sort of early stages of the game (only two scrap crews) and most of those Chumbucket locations I've checked out (referencing online guide maps) don't have any scrap. Can't recall if I've already looted the place or if I'm looking at a glitch.

25 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Is it normal for the scrap locations to be invisible on the map for Chumbucket's territory? I'm still sort of early stages of the game (only two scrap crews) and most of those Chumbucket locations I've checked out (referencing online guide maps) don't have any scrap. Can't recall if I've already looted the place or if I'm looking at a glitch.

I'm not sure if the locations in Chumbucket region are shown on the map after building the survey crew in Jeet territory.

But those locations (6 if I'm not mistaken) all had at least 1 scrap part or historic relic. If you discover the location, they'll show on the map, but once completed they will no longer be visible on your map.

If you're in such a location you can press L3 (or was it R3?) to check the completion progress of that location. Make sure to be in the location because some locations don't show the progress if you're 2 meter outside of the location while others will still show it 10m outside of the location...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I'm not sure if the locations in Chumbucket region are shown on the map after building the survey crew in Jeet territory.

But those locations (6 if I'm not mistaken) all had at least 1 scrap part or historic relic. If you discover the location, they'll show on the map, but once completed they will no longer be visible on your map.

If you're in such a location you can press L3 (or was it R3?) to check the completion progress of that location. Make sure to be in the location because some locations don't show the progress if you're 2 meter outside of the location while others will still show it 10m outside of the location...

Noted. Thanks.

Edited by Eraezr

• 1 month later...

Ok I have completed 189 locations (225 in the stats, so it shouldn't be glitched), but I can only see ONE location left on the map, in the Dunes area.

I checked the Chumbucket area and can't see any hidden location in the western side, I checked youtube videos too. Also checked that I completed Our daily bread mission. Where the hell is the final scavenger location?

EDIT:

FOUND IT! hidden under another icon, as shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f3NlqH02jk

I finally got the trophy, had to restore an older file and go thru a lot of stuff again, after 3 years... thank goodness I had already got the online trophies years ago

Edited by Hlod-wigg