Will buying DLC from different region work on PS4?

Silver-I-Chariot

I would like to wrap up Far Cry 4 but their shitty DLC costs 15 euros and it hasn't been on sale for months. I refuse to pay such an outrageous price for the DLC. My main account is German but the DLC costs less than half of that on the Turkish store. I have bought games from the Turkish store before and played them on my main account without any problems. But is it possible to access DLCs on my main account that I bought on a different region?

9 minutes ago, Nauticus87 said:

DLC is region-locked so, for example, EU DLC will only work on the EU version of the game.

Which gets pretty expensive when doing multiple stacks with DLC (looking at you DJMax Respect).

Yeah I figured it wouldn't work between US, EU or Asian regions. But what region do games on the Turkish store belong to? Technically Turkey is not really Europe but maybe Sony lumped it together with the rest of the European countries or something? 

DLC is region locked 99.9% of the time so always ensure that both the game and DLC come from the same country, else you will end up wasting money on something that doesn't work. When it comes to the EU in particular, there are all kinds of weird and random dependencies with regards to compatibility so it's not worth the hassle of chancing it just to save a few quid - make sure both the game and DLC are from the same country.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
53 minutes ago, IMYJC said:

Sorry for the intrusion, my main account is Saudi, and I want to buy the Arkham Trilogy from turkish. So, will all the DLC come to play on my main account, and also the same thing with Cuphead?

Well if Turkey to Germany works I think Turkey to Saudi will work too. Try it out I guess.