Minimalist - what was your deck?

det_gittes

Does anyone remember what deck you got this trophy with? My best so far is the Ironclad class with an 8-card deck, with Rage, Rampage, Pummel, probably one defense and a bunch of Bites, unfortunately I got screwed by events and shops in act 3 and couldn't remove more cards - but in a small deck like that Rampage becomes a real beast, especially if you can draw it the second time in the same turn with Pummel. I know that it's possible to go infinite with Dual Wield, Dropkick and something for Vulnerable, but it may require more luck, I don't know. Any other ideas? Or ideas for other classes?

Edited by det_gittes

This was my deck with Ironclad.

Flash of Light+ (0 cost and draw card)

Dual Wield+

Burning Pact+.

Bash+

Strike+

Important relics:

Busted Crown (+1 Energy)

Lantern (+1 Energy on first turn)

Bag of Preparation (+2 Cards on first turn)

Starter relic (+6 health after combat)

Quite some luck with card removing events and relics, and I didn't pick up many cards because it was ascension, and I stopped picking up anything that doesn't help with inifinite loops.

Dual Wield+ and Flash of Light+ in the same hand, with bag pf preparation there is a good chance to have that. Triplicate FoL three or four times, depending on the size of your deck. Burning Pact+ exhausts a card in your hand and draws more cards, so you make space and extend the loop if you draw more FoL. The less cards you have in your deck, the faster you reach the loop.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I just got extremely lucky with a deck containing

2x Defend+,

Demon Form+,

Bludgeon+

and Shockwave+.

I was really surprised that so few block cards got me through Act 3, but I had Snecko Eye after Act 1 and quite often I could play these high energy cards on turn 1, especially that I also had a relic for +2 strength and +10 block turn 1, and an Ice cream relic for conserving unused energy between turns. Also, I got a relic for all removal costing 50 and after Act 2 I picked up +2 str (enemies +1). All in all, I felt very strong and it was a very satisfying run ;)

--

Just got the trophy on PC, this time my deck included:

Strike+

Defend+

Battle trance

Clash+

Rampage+

After the first boss, I got Pyramid (a bit helpful in Act 2, where I still had 8 cards, useless in Act 3), Empty Cage after Act 2 (without it I wouldn't have had enough removals). I was quite lucky as playing with 16 block at most (Defend+, Battle trance, Defend+) was quite difficult. Fortunately, campfires could almost all be just healing (especially in Act 3). Final Boss(es) - Dona and Decu - were probably the easiest opponents, also had two healing potions, though in the end I didn't even use them. Power elixir in the final boss fight gave me nothing, unfortunately (Barricade with 1 base defend card :D).

Edited by det_gittes
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Late to the party but I just earned Minimalist on a blessed run. I was doing throwaway Ironclad runs trying to see if I could get rolling for a shot at a 20 minute run while relearning the character and got a bunch of card removal right off the bat. Decided to try to knock off the 1-turn boss kill and it turned into a double trophy run out of nowhere.

Final deck was:

-Bash+

-Dropkick

-Dropkick+ x2

-Warcry+

Had 2 more Warcry+ and 1 Double Tap+ for the Act 2 boss 1-turn kill but cut the deck to 5 by the end.

Avoided most elites and chests (Cursed Key) so only a few relics. Other than energy relics, an early Singing Bowl (+2 max hp option instead of adding card) was my clutch as I narrowly survived Time Eater by a turn. Act 3 was also scary against enemy groups, fairy bottle bailed me out against those floating rock monsters as they did over 100 (!!) damage to me in a single fight because I couldn't block thorns. 

• Like 1

Got it with the assassin 

2x Neutralize 

2x  heel hook 

Backflip

Once i got weak to stick (artifact opponents are annoying but 3 status cards usually helped clear this up on first turn) i 'd cycle the two hell hooks

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ironclad 

Barricade 

Entrench 

Shrug it off

Defend (can swap for any +block card)

Body slam

Put up barricade asap

Preferably have 4 energy, if you only have 3, I suggest getting metalisize instead of defend

Use shrug it off to either replay entrench if you need to build up your block, or use it to replay body slam if you're on the offensive.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 1:29 AM, WhisperingDusk said:

I played with The Watcher

Vigilance+

Eruption+

Inner Peace+

Rushdown+

Mental Fortress+

This basically creates a loop while Mental Fortress helps you build up Block in case you can't kill them in Round 1 (Time Eater for example). 

I also used this combo for other trophies: Purity, Infinity, You Are Nothing, Perfect, Who Needs Relics and The Transient. 

Also reached Ascension 20 build around this combo. 

Play Rushdown and Mental Fortress. Alternate Rushdown and Inner Peace until everything is dead. 

Thank you so much for this! I was offered a Rushdown and Mental Fortress early on, but choose Rushdown (thankfully) but never saw Mental Fortress again or Inner Peace unfortunately. Luckily has able to grab the Holy Water, Teardrop Locket and Violet Lotus. Made it to Act 3 with 5 cards and decided to drop a Strike+ for a Wallop+...until I faced a Writhing Mass and got stuck with a curse. Then I got a Peace Pipe in a chest, fill in the last card with Pressure Points and beat the Awaken One with 5 health. Completely nerve racking.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, pathtoninja said:

Thank you so much for this! I was offered a Rushdown and Mental Fortress early on, but choose Rushdown (thankfully) but never saw Mental Fortress again or Inner Peace unfortunately. Luckily has able to grab the Holy Water, Teardrop Locket and Violet Lotus. Made it to Act 3 with 5 cards and decided to drop a Strike+ for a Wallop+...until I faced a Writhing Mass and got stuck with a curse. Then I got a Peace Pipe in a chest, fill in the last card with Pressure Points and beat the Awaken One with 5 health. Completely nerve racking.

That was an awesome story. Yeah it is lots of RNG and have to adapt, but loved how the game could throw you in different directions back and forth. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Pressure Point+ * 3 + Defend+ * 2, and I don't even unlock my watcher's character fully.

In this way you can get the following trophies done:

1. Common Sense

2. The Transient

3. Minimalist

4. Amethyst

if you don't have your 3 Pressure Point card ready by Stage 2, The Automaton can destroy you as its minions can take your cards away.

Not sure if I can beat heart with this deck though.

Edited by dragonending
  • Like 1

Ironclad:

Defense +

Defense +

Bash + (Creates Vulnerability)

Dropkick+ ( Costs 1, Gains 1 if Enemy is Vulnerable) 

Dropkick+

Spam away, most bosses are no problem. Doable on Time Eater as well.

Useful for The Transient Trophy (farm the 25 cards in one turn here as well)

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting Minimalist with Watcher. 

Eruption +

Fear No Evil + 

Mental Fortress +

Rushdown +

Talk to the Hand +

Basically an infinite loop with block generation. As an aside it also helped me get the 999 block trophy by looping the heart as well as the You are Nothing trophy against the Awakened. 

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 3

I wanted to try something like:
Defend +, Entrench+, Entrench+, Body Slam+, Barricade. But ended up not finding any Barricades. Still got extremely lucky to find substitute relics and finished with:
Defend+, Defend+, Body Slam, Body Slam+, Entrench+.

Wouldn't work without Captain's Wheel and Calipers, but you are supposed to find yourself a Barricade and have a smooth sailing. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Fusion+

2x Sweeping Beam+
Dualcast+
Skim+

Managed to get Minimalist, Neon, Infinity and You Are Nothing in a single run with this deck.

Basically, only use Skim whenever it's the last card in your hand and then on the redraw, use a Sweeping Beam to guarantee getting Skim back to your hand. Rinse, repeat. Fusion and Dualcast will keep you energized.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think mine was pretty interesting... 

Defect

Darkness+ [1 energy: Channel 1, trigger passive of all dark orbs], this particular card has ALOT of combinations that makes it completely overpowered, all of which require few cards.

Dualcast+ [0 energy: Trigger passive of next orb twice]

3xDefend+ [1 energy: Gain 8 block]

Darkness+ is the only card that wasn't in the starting deck, yet it was all I needed.

• 2 weeks later...