My Name Is Mayo 2 Announced

Cobbsquatch

9 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Well, what can I say. I just got the Mayo 2 Platinum trophy. It was a rollercoaster ride, and I experienced every emotion known to man, and perhaps some that have yet to be documented.

On my 10,000th click, the magical noise happened. The gorgeous, shining beacon of hope and freedom and truth and belonging that is the Mayo 2 Platinum, briefly – ephemerally – danced across my screen.

I staggered off my sofa, covered with sweat, tears rolling down my eyes. Were they tears of joy or ecstasy or sadness? I cannot say. I may have also soiled myself.

I stumbled outside. I stared at the streetlight – dizzy and giddy and elated - and, as loudly as I could, shouted “PLATINUM!!!!! MAYO!!!!! 2!!!!!”. The neighbours looked through their windows in shock and awe as I ran through the street like I had just won the FIFA World Cup.

Very soon, a small crowd of people had gathered to witness this strange event. A few minutes later there were dozens, then hundreds, maybe even thousands.

Soon I found myself surrounded by a throng of people – smiling, clapping, waving and cheering. Then I was aloft, carried by this happy mob down the street like some kind of conquering hero, all shouting “My Name is Mayo – The Second! YAY!!!!”.

Before I knew it, an impromptu feast was assembled, with the merrymakers dancing and celebrating and drinking and cavorting. All this despite the Covid restrictions.

And that was when I knew. No micro-transactions. No DLC. No forced multiplayer grind. 99 of your English pence. Mayo 2 is a game by the people, for the people. It is the greatest of human endeavours. It is the pinnacle of democracy and…dare I say it….evolution.

The game to end all games. A thrilling, mind-bending masterpiece that transcends the depths of time and space. A game for the ages. The best game….no….the best creative work in human history.

A rating out of 10 would be insulting to the genius that is this title. But if I had to, I would say this is a 900/10. The rest of the gaming industry is so far behind the team at Green Lava Studios I would suggest they would be best off quitting the game dev world forever.

To celebrate this momentous event in the Earth’s history, I have humbly added the Mayo 2 Platinum trophy at the top of my trophy cabinet.

aight this is the best post ive ever read on this website. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

aight this is the best post ive ever read on this website. 

Thanks, you made me laugh and made me happy I came up with the concept/writing for this "review" before I got the Plat. My rule of Internet shitposting is that if one person finds it funny, then I have succeeded. This game was cool. I really enjoyed it, it was very self-aware, plus made reference to current year issues.

I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I did if it wasn't for this thread, but I digress. 

I look forward to some people reading the above and spacking out. In fact, i welcome it.;)   

• Like 3

On 11/17/2020 at 4:43 AM, Optinooby said:

Some very useful tips there thank you, I've just not clicked on something so many times before and wanna be ready!! 

Any1 have any idea on the FASTEST this could platinum be gotten, could we be looking at Mayo 1 & 2 platinums in 30mins or less ;)?? 

would love you to make a video guide on this! always find them really helpful ?

On 11/17/2020 at 0:43 PM, Optinooby said:

Some very useful tips there thank you, I've just not clicked on something so many times before and wanna be ready!! 

Any1 have any idea on the FASTEST this could platinum be gotten, could we be looking at Mayo 1 & 2 platinums in 30mins or less ;)?? 

First game PS4: Platinum in 34 minutes, 42 seconds

Second game PS4: Platinum in 38 minutes, 31 seconds

Vita: Platinum in 55 minutes, 26 seconds

The Vita shows the disadvantage of having no secondary click (on PS4, TP + X).

I could have gotten the Mayo 2 Plat done faster if I had understood that the mini-games weren't "completable", basically just a number of clicks.

If you use a turbo controller, then sure, I would imagine less than 30 mins is almost certainly doable. 

If you don't own a turbo controller, and want to destroy your arms, and at the same time your gaming credibility by using a guide, then please, be my guest. ☺️

TBH the Batman games on PS3 were basically a workout for your fast-twitch forearm muscles. Those games were infinitely worse than Mayo games, so anyone who complains about "RSI" for Mayo clearly hasn't played the Arkham series. 

My trophy list has improved significantly now that I have the My Name is Mayo 2 platinum trophy.

I was pleasantly surprised by the game. I felt that the addition of the minigames, including Flappy Mayo, were pure genius.

10/10 GOTY. Highly recommended.

On 17/11/2020 at 3:27 PM, tampines11 said:

This is just screaming to be made into a trilogy.

I'm really hoping for a My Name is Mustard spin-off, personally. Although we haven't seen him/her, I know they're there, unloved and untapped.

Mustard needs his/her chance in the spotlight. I will riot.

3 hours ago, DeadlyPerfume said:

Is it OK to jump into this series with My Name Is Mayo 2 if I haven't played My Name Is Mayo, or will I be lost? Are there any YouTube lore analysis videos I can watch, or perhaps a fan wiki that will explain the subtle political conflicts and prior relationships of the characters?

Not going to lie, I just gigglesnorted so hard at this comment. Not to say that I don't take it very seriously...

I recommend you either play the first game or watch a YouTube video so you fully understand the complexity of the story.

I thought Mayo's bikini arc was incredible, brought a tear to my eye.

Edited by Desmuria