Speedster trophy time found

Frosty

Someone by the name of PrototypeAlpha (in the Amnesia Game Speedrun discord) went into the game's code or something and found the dev time.unknown.png

Does anyone know what this means? From what I saw, it seems like the time to beat is 2 hours and 20 minutes, does anyone know something about this? ?

23 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

Someone by the name of PrototypeAlpha (in the Amnesia Game Speedrun discord) went into the game's code or something and found the dev time.unknown.png

Does anyone know what this means? From what I saw, it seems like the time to beat is 2 hours and 20 minutes, does anyone know something about this? 1f914.png

Hope thats right, ive seen dataminers misinterpret coding before so im always a bit skeptical of them, just like info on wikis

Could be right maybe those, I was just coming here actually to say that over on the steam forums, someone finished in 02:42:00 and got no trophy, so O was going to say its likely between 02:00:00 - 02:30:00, but maybe its 02:20:00 then

Thats going to be quite a hard time to hit perhaps

9 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

This is a great game, I think I’m almost done with it and I’ve enjoyed it a lot, but I don’t think I’m gonna go for the plat. This seems like a nightmare to speedrun haha.

How many chapters do you guess there are?? I’m at “chapter 6”, just unlocked the Pilgrim trophy

The most important info we need for this trophy is if there is a way to pauze the timer.

If there is you can just find the world record speedrun in about two weeks or so and mimic that player.

I can already tell that the forced flashback scenes are going to annoy me to death during replays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monteblommie said:

The most important info we need for this trophy is if there is a way to pauze the timer.

If there is you can just find the world record speedrun in about two weeks or so and mimic that player.

I can already tell that the forced flashback scenes are going to annoy me to death during replays.

Just to get to the end of the speedrun to find he/she pulls of some insane feat of skill that we cant pull off or a crazy mad glitch that we cant pull either or that has been patched xD

Edited by Optinooby

Time may not be 2:20 btw, or maybe speedrun trophy is bugged

Someone on steam did 2:19 amd trophy didnt pop, but they said they did glitch the game at the end to shave a few mins so i dunno. 

Its bugged, he bugged his save, the time is lower or it requires a certain ending

Just saying be weary, he said he actually probably cant shave much off 2:19 so this speedrun may actually be pretty difficult

The Speedster trophy might be close to impossible to get. There are some places in the game that have very confusing layouts, and I dread having to do those in a speedrun.

I wanted to pop this Platinum for Halloween, guess that won't happen ? I need to practice this a lot!

Btw, any news on Stoic? Requirements, etc.? What is the latest point in the game I can take Laudanum to cure my condition before ending the game, to test out this theory?

5 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

The Speedster trophy might be close to impossible to get. There are some places in the game that have very confusing layouts, and I dread having to do those in a speedrun.

I wanted to pop this Platinum for Halloween, guess that won't happen 1f605.png I need to practice this a lot!

Btw, any news on Stoic? Requirements, etc.? What is the latest point in the game I can take Laudanum to cure my condition before ending the game, to test out this theory?

Look in here last posts.

46 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Might start running this soon, i was just trying to optimise the maze last, that was really giving me a headache to trial and error!! 

While were not 100% sure going out of bounds will void the timer, consider this clip in your optimizations, as collecting the orb, and the two energy things and leave with them by getting oob skips the Maze level (Catacombs) and part of the final chapter  https://clips.twitch.tv/PlumpStrongHornetPraiseIt

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

While were not 100% sure going out of bounds will void the timer, consider this clip in your optimizations, as collecting the orb, and the two energy things and leave with them by getting oob skips the Maze level (Catacombs) and part of the final chapter  https://clips.twitch.tv/PlumpStrongHornetPraiseIt

Thanks m8 for the info but dont really like using glitches as they can be patched, then ur run no longer helps any1, plus ur basically hacking in a way, good for professional speedrunners though ;)

I get through the maze in 20 seconds now, it was just painful getting to that xD

31 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

I'm the guy! 1f600.png

I just achieved the Speedster trophy with a run of about 125 minutes. It requires a lot of knowledge of the map and some skips.

Yes my friend, well done!! 

Someone on steam got it at 122, you at 125, but it didnt pop for someone at 139

So mayb its a about 2:15 or 2:10 the limit... 

Edited by Optinooby

27 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

Yes, that's the main idea and the main skip because you basically skip Hunting Grounds, Catacombs and the last part of The Throne Room.

However, what you see on that clip is on a PC. I doubt anyone can replicate that on a PS4.

6 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

Yes, that's the main idea and the main skip because you basically skip Hunting Grounds, Catacombs and the last part of The Throne Room.

However, what you see on that clip is on a PC. I doubt anyone can replicate that on a PS4.

There are going to be tonnes of glitches on speedruns for this, wouldnt be surprised if they get the time down to below 30 mins eventually, probably more xD

Good time for you though, do you think you could even better ur time, legit of course?? And what was worse bit for you to speedrun?? 

Also, how do you find out your EXACT completion time, does the game tell you, I didnt see anything when i finished other than save time but that isnt completion..... 

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks m8 for the info but dont really like using glitches as they can be patched, then ur run no longer helps any1, plus ur basically hacking in a way, good for professional speedrunners though ;)

I get through the maze in 20 seconds now, it was just painful getting to that xD

Yes my friend, well done!! 

Someone on steam got it at 122, you at 125, but it didnt pop for someone at 139

So mayb its a about 2:15 or 2:10 the limit...

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

There are going to be tonnes of glitches on speedruns for this, wouldnt be surprised if they get the time down to below 30 mins eventually, probably more xD

Good time for you though, do you think you could even better ur time, legit of course?? And what was worse bit for you to speedrun?? 

Also, how do you find out your EXACT completion time, does the game tell you, I didnt see anything when i finished other than save time but that isnt completion..... 

On PC the times are already under 90 minutes. On PS4 I doubt they will ever be that low.

Unless there is some very well "hidden easter egg" or "invisible portal" that no one found out yet, I doubt anyone can speedrun this game at this moment in under 2h20 without skipping some part of it. Give me an example of someone on PC (Steam) who got this achievement and didn't skip some part of the game? Skips are part of the speedrunning culture.

For example, on The Laboratory you can skip the torture part and go straight for the train, saving 2-3 minutes.

Also, have you noticed how buggy and glitchy this game is?

No, there's no exact completion time. I tracked my time chapter by chapter and then added in the end, so I know it's around 125 minutes.

Edited by riverrun_PT