MinatoIsDeadLol

Speedster trophy time found

93 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

 

 

On PC the times are already under 90 minutes. On PS4 I doubt they will ever be that low.

 

Unless there is some very well "hidden easter egg" or "invisible portal" that no one found out yet, I doubt anyone can speedrun this game at this moment in under 2h20 without skipping some part of it. Give me an example of someone on PC (Steam) who got this achievement and didn't skip some part of the game? Skips are part of the speedrunning culture.

 

For example, on The Laboratory you can skip the torture part and go straight for the train, saving 2-3 minutes.

 

Also, have you noticed how buggy and glitchy this game is?
 
No, there's no exact completion time. I tracked my time chapter by chapter and then added in the end, so I know it's around 125 minutes.

 

 

I agree m8, proper speedrunners will glitch, just saying that glitches doesnt always help others doing legit as can be patched and hard to do. 

 

I was meaning glitch skips, thel lab thing isnt a skip, u get a choice to create the vitae or dont create, not creating is quicker

 

Sorry m8 just to clear up my interpretation of a skip as I think bit confusion there.... Its probably wrong in the speedrunning community, but I like to view a 'skip' as a glitch and any thing that can be done a different way, but legit, I just view that as a alternative I guess (sorry, I dont like to use glitches so these helps me differentiate them) 

 

Did you use a glitch to hit ur time?? 

 

20 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

 

Regarding the maze, that guide is VERY basic, gets a few thing wrong and completely misses the whole middle section of the maze, the most confusing part xD

 

I cant quite remember the middle off my head step by step, need to go through again

Edited by Optinooby
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2020 at 9:28 AM, Maahniac said:

The Speedster trophy might be close to impossible to get. There are some places in the game that have very confusing layouts, and I dread having to do those in a speedrun.

I wanted to pop this Platinum for Halloween, guess that won't happen 1f605.png I need to practice this a lot!

Btw, any news on Stoic? Requirements, etc.? What is the latest point in the game I can take Laudanum to cure my condition before ending the game, to test out this theory?
 

i got Stoic just by going through the game without dying (when you rewind) and i got it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the Speedster trophy, I will detail it more when the trophy guide is up, i.e when we find all of the collectibles

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

I just got the Speedster trophy, I will detail it more when the trophy guide is up, i.e when we find all of the collectibles

 

Do you have any idea abt ARCHIVIST, I popped the trophy 2 times before patch, now after patch I cant pop it for the life off me...... 

 

Something has changed or its bugged now, you notice anything?? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

 

Do you have any idea abt ARCHIVIST, I popped the trophy 2 times before patch, now after patch I cant pop it for the life off me...... 

 

Something has changed or its bugged now, you notice anything?? 

I got archivist about half way through the game, I'm not sure... I'll see what happens on a spare account

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

I got archivist about half way through the game, I'm not sure... I'll see what happens on a spare account

 

After patch?? 

 

I cant see ur PSN to look at ur time when it popped as u havent updated, have an alt or on PC?? 

 

Here on PS4, the 5 or 6 accounts ive seen including my own have all popped the trophy just after the Caves, so likely in the Dark Worlds

 

No idea whats going on with this is everything tallies up and you got it halfway through........ 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

 

After patch?? 

 

I cant see ur PSN to look at ur time when it popped as u havent updated, have an alt or on PC?? 

 

Here on PS4, the 5 or 6 accounts ive seen including my own have all popped the trophy just after the Caves, so likely in the Dark Worlds

 

No idea whats going on with this is everything tallies up and you got it halfway through........ 

the trophy popped for me at Oasis, now I remember, no idea why I said half way

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is super weird, but the Archivist counter seems to need 75% of all collectibles, 75% of 107 = 82~, I hope this helps clear the confusion

unknown.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

This is super weird, but the Archivist counter seems to need 75% of all collectibles, 75% of 107 = 82~, I hope this helps clear the confusion

unknown.png

 

Yea this is what im thinling, requires a certaim amount

 

Game is obviously mega buggy in regards to trophies which is a shame as it means possible speedrun and stoic glitches, makes it harder to determine requirements

 

I had Archivist pop for me after 6 notes, and another after 4. Plus for you popping it in Oasis, thats defo not 75%  of them. 

 

Has that same person mentioned matches...?? In the other thread, lightbringer popped for another at 70ish matches, but took me 120ish.....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

 

Yea this is what im thinling, requires a certaim amount

 

Game is obviously mega buggy in regards to trophies which is a shame as it means possible speedrun and stoic glitches, makes it harder to determine requirements

 

I had Archivist pop for me after 6 notes, and another after 4. Plus for you popping it in Oasis, thats defo not 75%  of them. 

 

Has that same person mentioned matches...?? In the other thread, lightbringer popped for another at 70ish matches, but took me 120ish.....

I thought you were talking about a completely different trophy, I swear I thought there was a trophy for gathering some files and all files, so I don't have archivist. Honestly dumb sometimes :facepalm:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

 

I thought you were talking about a completely different trophy, I swear I thought there was a trophy for gathering some files and all files, so I don't have archivist. Honestly dumb sometimes :facepalm:

 

Archivist, and was just asking if anyone has found a count for LIGHTBRINGER in the coding....?? 

 

Archivist just popped for me on 80 notes, that is A LOT isn it.

 

Funny, on my other alts, popped twice on 4 notes, but now takes 80 xD. Maybe patched?? 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I agree m8, proper speedrunners will glitch, just saying that glitches doesnt always help others doing legit as can be patched and hard to do. 

 

I was meaning glitch skips, thel lab thing isnt a skip, u get a choice to create the vitae or dont create, not creating is quicker

 

Sorry m8 just to clear up my interpretation of a skip as I think bit confusion there.... Its probably wrong in the speedrunning community, but I like to view a 'skip' as a glitch and any thing that can be done a different way, but legit, I just view that as a alternative I guess (sorry, I dont like to use glitches so these helps me differentiate them) 

 

Did you use a glitch to hit ur time??

 

 

I'm sorry but I think that your concept of what is "legit" and "not legit" is too narrow-minded in this case.

 

Have you noticed how high and far you can jump in this game?

 

Well, you can take advantage of that, for example, in The Lower Factory (2nd section) by jumping to high ground on the left and skipping the right side where you will surely waste much more time. This is just one example of multiple skips you can do in this game. And then someone could just say: "Oh, but you're not suppose to jump up there, that's not legit, that's glitching and hacking! I'm sure the devs will nerf the jump on the next patch!"

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of how a game is "intended" to be played but for this trophy I don't see any other options to optimize the speedrun for this achievement. I guess you haven't fully realized yet how close to impossible this achievement is if nothing changes.

 

So, let's wait and see if more people get this trophy in the next 1-2 weeks and if someone comes up with a trophy guide.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

 

I'm sorry but I think that your concept of what is "legit" and "not legit" is too narrow-minded in this case.

 

Have you noticed how high and far you can jump in this game?

 

Well, you can take advantage of that, for example, in The Lower Factory (2nd section) by jumping to high ground on the left and skipping the right side where you will surely waste much more time. This is just one example of multiple skips you can do in this game. And then someone could just say: "Oh, but you're not suppose to jump up there, that's not legit, that's glitching and hacking! I'm sure the devs will nerf the jump on the next patch!"

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of how a game is "intended" to be played but for this trophy I don't see any other options to optimize the speedrun for this achievement. I guess you haven't fully realized yet how close to impossible this achievement is if nothing changes.

 

So, let's wait and see if more people get this trophy in the next 1-2 weeks and if someone comes up with a trophy guide.

 

 

Perhaps ur right m8, perhaps I am, but its the only way to develop a guide that is almost guaranteed to be patch proof

 

I saw somebody on Steam who said they got the trophy without a glitch, so may be hope, thing is like here, what is their interpretation of glitchless!! 

 

Im running Stoic atm, then will be moving out onto speedrunning it

 

This is assuming 2:20 is the actual time. Some have said thwy didnt get it at 2:19, I saw someone say the got it at 2:22 or somet and because the game doesnt show a timer, how accurate are our times, how exactly is time counted during the game..... on pause screen, cutscenes, during memories etc. I know its the style of the game, but I wish we at least had a timer. 

 

And glicthes, some trophies glitch vwry bad here, I have gotten archivist at 4 notes, and at 80 notes, its possible you can actually qualify for the speedrun, but trophy can glitch, awesome xD

Edited by Optinooby
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

This is super weird, but the Archivist counter seems to need 75% of all collectibles, 75% of 107 = 82~, I hope this helps clear the confusion

unknown.png

 

Hey, I dont spose you've also asked that person on discord with access to the game files when the in-game timer works........ 

 

I. E., does cutscenes pause it, inventory, pause screen, memories, uncontrollable scripted moments.......... Also does it continue when you reload a save or revert back to the time at that save point?? 

 

Be nice to know i guess for speedruns ;), thank you ;)

 

EDIT:

Also noticed something wierd today and it makes me wonder exactly how the time is calculate, on PS4 anyway. 

 

At the end, I put my system clock back a few hrs as the save files read what time of day u saved. 

 

When i put time back, the game would no longer save, i guess because the game cant recognise a earlier time or somet

 

But just makes me wonder abt the speedrun, does it have to be done all at once??

 

Just wish we had more concrete details on speedrun, you know what counts, doesnt count, does time keep rolling etc ;(

 

 

Edited by Optinooby
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, riverrun_PT said:

 

I'm sorry but I think that your concept of what is "legit" and "not legit" is too narrow-minded in this case.

 

Have you noticed how high and far you can jump in this game?

 

Well, you can take advantage of that, for example, in The Lower Factory (2nd section) by jumping to high ground on the left and skipping the right side where you will surely waste much more time. This is just one example of multiple skips you can do in this game. And then someone could just say: "Oh, but you're not suppose to jump up there, that's not legit, that's glitching and hacking! I'm sure the devs will nerf the jump on the next patch!"

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of how a game is "intended" to be played but for this trophy I don't see any other options to optimize the speedrun for this achievement. I guess you haven't fully realized yet how close to impossible this achievement is if nothing changes.

 

So, let's wait and see if more people get this trophy in the next 1-2 weeks and if someone comes up with a trophy guide.

 

 

I tried yesterday, didnt get it, was pretty fast, but think I can shave 5 - 10mins off as I have better optimised some parts since, mainly encounters, also left game on during loading screens for a long timebat parts. 

 

Think ive been through the game about 7 times at this point just testing stuff xD

 

Was just calling you as do you know if time counts DURING loading times as they can add up?? And when you calculated ur time did you include loading times in that?? 

 

Im sure it counts during cutscenes and im just worried as I left it on the loading screens for quite a while during my speedrun while I did something, probably a bad idea. Thing is if it does count during loading times, we maybe at a disadvantage as I bet the dev time was on a souped up PC with super quick loading times ;(

 

The whole time calculation and the fact they dont show ur time is such a bad move from the Devs. Thereir spose to be making memories skippable in next patch so that should save a few mins, hopefully they sort the clock at some point. 

 

I feel when I go for it again that I HAVE TO USE a stopwatch because when you reload at any point, messes up calculations, stopwatch will be simpler. That and ALWAYS go asap, even on loading screens ;)

 

 

Edited by Optinooby
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

 

I tried yesterday, didnt get it, was pretty fast, but think I can shave 5 - 10mins off as I have better optimised some parts since, mainly encounters, also left game on during loading screens for a long timebat parts. 

 

Think ive been through the game about 7 times at this point just testing stuff xD

 

Was just calling you as do you know if time counts DURING loading times as they can add up?? And when you calculated ur time did you include loading times in that?? 

 

Im sure it counts during cutscenes and im just worried as I left it on the loading screens for quite a while during my speedrun while I did something, probably a bad idea. Thing is if it does count during loading times, we maybe at a disadvantage as I bet the dev time was on a souped up PC with super quick loading times ;(

 

The whole time calculation and the fact they dont show ur time is such a bad move from the Devs. Thereir spose to be making memories skippable in next patch so that should save a few mins, hopefully they sort the clock at some point. 

 

I feel when I go for it again that I HAVE TO USE a stopwatch because when you reload at any point, messes up calculations, stopwatch will be simpler. That and ALWAYS go asap, even on loading screens ;)

 

 

 

Welcome to the Speedster trophy reality! xD

 

I didn't count loading screens in my time but they probably do count. I heard someone saying that this game in total has about 9/10 minutes of loading screens on PC. On The Fortress only you have 4 loading screens: main gate, main building, quartermaster's store and arsenal...

 

The method I used was to Save and Exit at the beginning of most chapters or whenever I felt I was approaching a risky area. Then if I died, made some mistake or wasn't fast enough I would reload from last save and repeat until I was satisfied. I used a stopwatch to track my time by chapter or by sector. In the end I calculated the final time.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which ending is recommended to go for in the speedrun? Is leaving the baby in the God's care the shortest ending? 

 

Are there other things that are important to do, in the speedrun? Skip the torture, I guess? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riverrun_PT said:

 

Welcome to the Speedster trophy reality! xD

 

I didn't count loading screens in my time but they probably do count. I heard someone saying that this game in total has about 9/10 minutes of loading screens on PC. On The Fortress only you have 4 loading screens: main gate, main building, quartermaster's store and arsenal...

 

The method I used was to Save and Exit at the beginning of most chapters or whenever I felt I was approaching a risky area. Then if I died, made some mistake or wasn't fast enough I would reload from last save and repeat until I was satisfied. I used a stopwatch to track my time by chapter or by sector. In the end I calculated the final time.

 

 

Oh yea lol xD, im not new to speedruns, ive gotten Witcher 3 down to a 35hr platinum, Fallout 4 to 25hr, MGSV to 40hr, RE2R to a 4hr platinum etc to name a few, but yea here, the timing is VERY strict xD

 

I think im going to have to time loading screens as well to be sure and quit at each area like you and add up. 

 

4 loading screens in Fortress, how do you get Saltpeter then, you can either let ghoul grab you or you leave/ re-enter, but I think leaving/re-entering is quicker, going to have to time both and check...... You let him grab you I take it for 4 ps4 loading screens? 

 

32 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Which ending is recommended to go for in the speedrun? Is leaving the baby in the God's care the shortest ending? 

 

Are there other things that are important to do, in the speedrun? Skip the torture, I guess? 

 

Yea, Harvester is quickest ending. 

 

Skipping torture is a must (obviously), in the tank, dont aim, just shoot. The enemy infested areas are the worse, I spent HOURS optimising each part. 

 

The Catacombs, you can run by most the enemies there if ur fast, but when the ghoul is blocking doorway, I sprint to him, lob some bones at him, camp at ramp near hole to the left, then sprint through after. 

 

2 x ghouls in cistern that crawl out vent, if you RUN straight past in those moments, you can get by and get that valve turned without hiding. 

 

Chamber of pillars, do puzzle straight away. 

 

Maze, you can get through that in 20 secs, but you need to know what you are doing, I had to spend a hour reloading to get there xD

 

The Ifrit enemies, the wisp maidens, they are the worse, with the one in labs being really bad. I can get by them all really fast, but took a lot trial and error, hard to say in text, i'll be making platinum speedrun eventually and will share all there

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, thanks a lot! There's a lot of useful information there. Does any of you guys happen to have a map drawn of the maze? That's the thing I dread the most. 

 

Also, can I turn around and re-enter the building with the Salpeter immediately after exiting it after the monster chase, or do I have to go to the lab and read the note before I can pick it up? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Damn, thanks a lot! There's a lot of useful information there. Does any of you guys happen to have a map drawn of the maze? That's the thing I dread the most. 

 

Also, can I turn around and re-enter the building with the Salpeter immediately after exiting it after the monster chase, or do I have to go to the lab and read the note before I can pick it up? 

 

I dont m8, its really tricky to explain as you can imagine, I was thinking off doing a maze guide, but think will just leave it in the platinum walkthrough only

 

The FIRST encounter in the maze is scriptes where Leon grabs you btw, its MEANT to happen, that I can easily without tonnes of hard to explain directions xD

 

You can, exit them come back in abt 10 secs later. I need to time it though to see if ita quicker to let ghoul grab you or exit/enter. 

 

Just one thinklg about monster nest in catacombs, the one with like 50 sleeping ghouls xD. You can literally sprint through there, I take the left path for it, not sure if can sprint right path

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really look forward to your video. It will be a great help. I want to Plat this on October 31st so bad, but that might be unrealistic. Haven't had any chance to play the game since Thursday. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 5:40 AM, Optinooby said:

 

Hey, I dont spose you've also asked that person on discord with access to the game files when the in-game timer works........ 

 

I. E., does cutscenes pause it, inventory, pause screen, memories, uncontrollable scripted moments.......... Also does it continue when you reload a save or revert back to the time at that save point?? 

 

Be nice to know i guess for speedruns ;), thank you ;)

 

EDIT:

Also noticed something wierd today and it makes me wonder exactly how the time is calculate, on PS4 anyway. 

 

At the end, I put my system clock back a few hrs as the save files read what time of day u saved. 

 

When i put time back, the game would no longer save, i guess because the game cant recognise a earlier time or somet

 

But just makes me wonder abt the speedrun, does it have to be done all at once??

 

Just wish we had more concrete details on speedrun, you know what counts, doesnt count, does time keep rolling etc ;(

 

 

I tried and they couldn't figure it out, I also was able to exit without saving and restart from the last save without the trophy voiding on me

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guide that me and Squid are working on details all of this, my time that I got (that I didn't pause with load times), and I got a 2:27, which either means that the time is 2:30, which I doubt, or it doesn't count load times, each load screen is about 30s-1m long, and there are a little bit more load times than the amount of chapters, off the top of my head, 25 total loads, meaning my time would be around 2:03.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

I tried and they couldn't figure it out, I also was able to exit without saving and restart from the last save without the trophy voiding on me

 

Few parts going up today just recorded part 1. 39/41 trophies in 1st playthrough in abt 5 hrs, then the speedrun

 

17 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

The guide that me and Squid are working on details all of this, my time that I got (that I didn't pause with load times), and I got a 2:27, which either means that the time is 2:30, which I doubt, or it doesn't count load times, each load screen is about 30s-1m long, and there are a little bit more load times than the amount of chapters, off the top of my head, 25 total loads, meaning my time would be around 2:03.

 

Someone on Steam got achievement in 02:22. 

 

Thing is with that Dev Time someone posted, what abt the achievement coding like for the notes achievements you posted. For example, Speedster_Achievement = under_Dev_Time+10minutes

 

What I mean is we dont know exactly if they have made it more lenient than the dev time, as the dataminer showed dev time, but not achievement trigger. I know likely just dev time, but makes you wonder as time is so tight, plus you mention 2:30 and someone else 2:22

 

Did you u glitch as well like Riverrun?? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

 

Few parts going up today just recorded part 1. 39/41 trophies in 1st playthrough in abt 5 hrs, then the speedrun

 

 

Someone on Steam got achievement in 02:22. 

 

Thing is with that Dev Time someone posted, what abt the achievement coding like for the notes achievements you posted. For example, Speedster_Achievement = under_Dev_Time+10minutes

 

What I mean is we dont know exactly if they have made it more lenient than the dev time, as the dataminer showed dev time, but not achievement trigger. I know likely just dev time, but makes you wonder as time is so tight, plus you mention 2:30 and someone else 2:22

 

Did you u glitch as well like Riverrun?? 

I did the Alchemist Chamber skip, so yes

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.