Speedster trophy time found

Frosty

Just now, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

I did the Alchemist Chamber skip, so yes

Oh did ya, that section is only a few minutes, but I guess every minute counts

Can I just ask, do you recall if your reloaded savea at any point, just wanna make sure time doesnt carry and that resets to the save point time

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Oh did ya, that section is only a few minutes, but I guess every minute counts

Can I just ask, do you recall if your reloaded savea at any point, just wanna make sure time doesnt carry and that resets to the save point time

I failed the first time and exited without saving (grabbing the orb and the two energy things completely skips Catacombs, Hunting Grounds and Throne Room) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

I failed the first time and exited without saving (grabbing the orb and the two energy things completely skips Catacombs, Hunting Grounds and Throne Room) 

Failed what, do you mean you restarted the game or just quit and reloaded a save?? Sorry m8 just trying to be sure as not sure exactly what you mean ;)

Oh damn thats a big skip, thought u just meant Alchemists Chamber. So what do you do if you skip Throne Room, just skips staight to the ending?? xD. Factory skips would be good, that bit is a pita!! 

51 minutes ago, Xx_kingbill_xX said:

how do you do the alchemist chamber skip? that would be super useful as my quickest run is 2:40 

If you can leave The Alchemist's Chambers without using the 2 Leyden Jars you will be able to skip Hunting Grounds, Catacombs and the last part of The Throne Room because you carry 2 extra Leyden Jars. One of them you will use at the Portal Chamber and the other one at the Throne Room.

On The Alchemist's Chambers if you get the first power connector to pass by the first door you will have 2 power connectors that will allow you to open the last door and go to the last portal without using the Leyden Jars. I did it once by playing around with the 2 power connectors available on that level but I couldn't replicate it again after several attempts. There are also other "creative ways" of leaving that chapter with the 2 Leyden Jars.

However, there are also other skips that can help you save lots of time:

The Lower Factory (2nd section) - After opening the first door, go straight forward, jump to the higher level and keep going by the left side, then fall down to the water. This way you will skip the area on the right where you usually get the injector (you don't need the injector).

The Town - When you spawn turn around and go up the sand dunes, then go along the rocks on the right, this way you will meet Yasmin outside of town.

The Tower - Don't try to get into the elevator when you are chasing the doctor. Instead open the door on the right from the inside and go straight to the power source downstairs where you meet Hank.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

If you can leave The Alchemist's Chambers without using the 2 Leyden Jars you will be able to skip Hunting Grounds, Catacombs and the last part of The Throne Room because you carry 2 extra Leyden Jars. One of them you will use at the Portal Chamber and the other one at the Throne Room.

On The Alchemist's Chambers if you get the first power connector to pass by the first door you will have 2 power connectors that will allow you to open the last door and go to the last portal without using the Leyden Jars. I did it once by playing around with the 2 power connectors available on that level but I couldn't replicate it again after several attempts. There are also other "creative ways" of leaving that chapter with the 2 Leyden Jars.

The Lower Factory (2nd section) - After opening the first door, go straight forward, jump to the higher level and keep going by the left side, then fall down to the water. This way you will skip the area on the right where you usually get the injector (you don't need the injector).

The Town - When you spawn turn around and go up the sand dunes, then go along the rocks on the right, this way you will meet Yasmin outside of town.

The Tower - Don't try to get into the elevator when you are chasing the doctor. Instead open the door on the right from the inside and go straight to the power source downstairs where you meet Hank.

the power connector is that the triangle thing i use to open the doors?

31 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

Thats a lot of skips, do any of these seem legit?? 

Maybe im being naive, but I just dont buy the Devs would put a trophy in that we need to glitch in order to earn. Theres gotta be some big legit skip we're missing or we're mistaking how the timer is calculated........ 

Edited by Optinooby

11 minutes ago, Xx_kingbill_xX said:

ah okay what are the many way you can get out of that room with boom leydan jars

You can find videos on YouTube or Twitch.

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thats a lot of skips, do any of these seem legit?? 

Maybe im being naive, but I just dont buy the Devs would put a trophy in that we need to glitch in order to earn. Theres gotta be some big legit skip we're missing or we're mistaking how the timer is calculated........ 

Why don't you try them by yourself before making a judgement?

If we can find a method on Alchemist's Chambers to get the 2 power connectors pass the first door to open the last door that would be the "big legit skip" you talk about. There must be a way to do that or maybe the door glitched out on that time I did it, I don't know.

Or maybe the Devs miscalculated the timer... ?

10 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

You can find videos on YouTube or Twitch.

Why don't you try them by yourself before making a judgement?

If we can find a method on Alchemist's Chambers to get the 2 power connectors pass the first door to open the last door that would be the "big legit skip" you talk about. There must be a way to do that or maybe the door glitched out on that time I did it, I don't know.

Or maybe the Devs miscalculated the timer... 1f914.png

Oh apologies if I misled m8 but I wasnt making a judgement Riverrun, thats why I was asking, for your judgement as you have used them...... 

Yea I agree with the leyden jara, gotta be somet we're missing, legit sequence breaks. Thing is you cant rely too much on speedrunnera for legit breaks whem they have their crazy fast glitches, no need for anything worse xD

Im gonna have a play with leyden jar and fuel cells, thanks for letting me know!! 

Well by what you and others are apparently saying, this platinum is either 10/10 without glitches, or unobtainable...?? 

The time calculations bug me, I wish dataminers would go into more detail. For example, does time CARRY among reloada or does it revert and is it in REALTIME, meaning as soon as we start, we muat complete it with 2hr20 from then or whatever....... 

I dunno, im gonna look at theae leyden jar skips m8, and then I have to speedrun again legit once or twice to test timer variables unless a dataminer actually provides info on how the clock works ;)

13 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

I was mainly referring to Factory, Town and Tower skips. Have you tried them before?

The town skip I looked at after you mentioned as I have a town save on my of my alts, its crazy how they let you go all over the desert on that part

But I found once you get behind the tower, there are invisible walls, so i guess ur spose to glitch into the bit behind the tower

The tower skip requires glitching through door so that cant be legit, doesnt it?? 

Not sure on factory, will have a look at that as im going through again now, I actually get through the factory really quick now. 

The tram and the theater waste a tonne of time dont they, I wonder if they is a hidden portal somewhere.... xD

4 hours ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

Can you tell me how exactly you got into the teleporter-room without using the orb + both energy cores?

I'd really appreciate if you can give me/us a hint on this.

Edited by Calypox

34 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The town skip I looked at after you mentioned as I have a town save on my of my alts, its crazy how they let you go all over the desert on that part

But I found once you get behind the tower, there are invisible walls, so i guess ur spose to glitch into the bit behind the tower

The tower skip requires glitching through door so that cant be legit, doesnt it?? 

Not sure on factory, will have a look at that as im going through again now, I actually get through the factory really quick now. 

The tram and the theater waste a tonne of time dont they, I wonder if they is a hidden portal somewhere.... xD

It's crazy, isn't it? No it works without any glitch if you go to the left, at the end, Yasmin will come and get you.

No, not glitching through the door on Tower, you're missing the detail, from the inside you can unlock the door.

Well, on Theater there's a broken portal and it doesn't work... ?

1 hour ago, riverrun_PT said:

It's crazy, isn't it? No it works without any glitch if you go to the left, at the end, Yasmin will come and get you.

No, not glitching through the door on Tower, you're missing the detail, from the inside you can unlock the door.

Well, on Theater there's a broken portal and it doesn't work... 1f914.png

Ok, i'll have a look m8, thanks, I went left on desert, nothing happened, hit a wall. Its been patched or I looked in the wrong place, will look again and at the door!

1 hour ago, riverrun_PT said:

Well, on Theater there's a broken portal and it doesn't work... 1f914.png

I can repeat the Alchemist Chamber thing where you keep the door open and get both light sensors through so you can keep both leydens

But....... I honestly dont know what to do with it as it seems like a glitch, I cant decide because if it is a glitch, this WILL get patched. 

I think i need to try the trick on other similar stuff amd see if its repeatable, if it is then perhaps it normal.. I dunno

Edited by Optinooby

9 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Ok, i'll have a look m8, thanks, I went left on desert, nothing happened, hit a wall. Its been patched or I looked in the wrong place, will look again and at the door!

You looked in the wrong direction, you should go between the tower on the right and the rocks on the left, there's a way in the middle.

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I can repeat the Alchemist Chamber thing where you keep the door open and get both light sensors through so you can keep both leydens

But....... I honestly dont know what to do with it as it seems like a glitch, I cant decide because if it is a glitch, this WILL get patched. 

I think i need to try the trick on other similar stuff amd see if its repeatable, if it is then perhaps it normal.. I dunno

I made it to work once but I could never repeat it again. I just remember that I grabbed the light connector, the power went off and the door instead of closing just stayed open, allowing me to leave the room with it, only that time. If you think for a moment about it, it's not so unlikely that this is a possibility. Look at it in parallel with The Laboratory where you can either solve the torture puzzle and create vitae or skip it completely by using the light connector to open the door and leave for the tram. There can be the same option on The Alchemist's Chambers, that's the only chance I see now.

If nothing else is found I would say that the timer on this trophy is miscalculated, possibly related to the times taken by the loading screens, cutscenes, memories,...

So maybe in a future update we will get a reasonable timer on this trophy to allow a doable speedrun without crazy shortcuts! xD

I'll be practicing the Speedster trophy today. Any tips from the people who've done this? 

What time marks should I aim for? What chapter should I be in at the 30 min mark? 1 hour? Etc. 

How does the Alchemist Lab Leydan Jar glitch (the one that lets us skip The Hunting Grounds and The Catacombs) work? 

Any other areas where I can shave off a considerable amount of time? 

I'm afraid that the "grab and turn/place etc."-physics will be a pain when I'm in a hurry ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

I'll be practicing the Speedster trophy today. Any tips from the people who've done this? 

What time marks should I aim for? What chapter should I be in at the 30 min mark? 1 hour? Etc. 

How does the Alchemist Lab Leydan Jar glitch (the one that lets us skip The Hunting Grounds and The Catacombs) work? 

I'm afraid that the "grab and turn/place etc."-physics will be a pain when I'm in a hurry 1f605.png

The method I used was to Save and Exit at the beginning of most chapters or whenever I felt I was approaching a risky area. Then if I died, did some mistake or wasn't fast enough I would reload from last save and repeat until I was satisfied. I used a stopwatch to track my time by chapter or by sector. In the end I calculated the final time.

Several areas where you can shave off time are mentioned in the previous posts.

It's tricky to explain by words what you need to do. There are already some Amnesia Rebirth speedrun PC videos in YouTube where you can watch how you can leave The Alchemist's Chambers with the 2 Leyden Jars. Just remember you can reload as many times as you want. ;)

33 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

I'm afraid that the "grab and turn/place etc."-physics will be a pain when I'm in a hurry 1f605.png

It's hard for any of us to give you times as there are so many glitches going around unless you follow the exact same video all the way , dunno who is using what and so what timings would apply. I for one still to optimise the run a few times. Honestly, I think you will find it hard to find a legit SPEEDSTER speedrun as those who can do it in that time, have no need as they will just glitch instead ;)

For the ALCHEMIST CHAMBER glitch, the one which I cant decide if it is legit or not is;

- When you find the first triangle light source, position it so you can exit, then go and get the 2nd triangle light source and come and place it near the door you just unlocked with the 1st triangle, but place the 2nd triangle on the floor just by the door, but on the orb side of it.

- Now pick up the 1st triangle and move it back and forth a few times, to engage the door and the 2nd triangle at the same time and just move forward and back out of range slightly to engage/disengage the door.

- What should happen is the door sensor will deactivate, but the lights around it will stay activated and so will the door switch. You may need to move back and forth a little to get the jist of it, but that's basically it, then you can use both triangles to open far door xD

It's weird that some of the lights stay powered even though the sensor above door turns off. Plus the fact that you could potentially leave without the orb doing this, does perhaps make it seem like a glitch.

One thing I found strange is downstairs where you find both leyden jars, you can place the one powering the vitae slave in the slot next to the other in the center, which makes more power go to the thing in the center giving it more power, I cant really find any other use of it though

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Pause the game, stops the timer? 

No1 knows, it requires 1 of us to come in at abt 2hrs, and just pause game for 30 mins, then go check if trophy pops

One thing I do know as I read on Steam yesterday is that the timer only counts while you are playing, so its not a realtime clock. Someone on steam said they did a run in bits, like in a few few days and at the end the debug menu said 6hrs, so only counts while in a save so thats good at least

Its on my to do list to check the pause screen, but im not quite ready to go back to Speedrunning yet as now im doing a platinum walkthrough starting with 100%

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Optinooby said:

It's hard for any of us to give you times as there are so many glitches going around unless you follow the exact same video all the way , dunno who is using what and so what timings would apply. I for one still to optimise the run a few times. Honestly, I think you will find it hard to find a legit SPEEDSTER speedrun as those who can do it in that time, have no need as they will just glitch instead ;)

For the ALCHEMIST CHAMBER glitch, the one which I cant decide if it is legit or not is;

- When you find the first triangle light source, position it so you can exit, then go and get the 2nd triangle light source and come and place it near the door you just unlocked with the 1st triangle, but place the 2nd triangle on the floor just by the door, but on the orb side of it.

- Now pick up the 1st triangle and move it back and forth a few times, to engage the door and the 2nd triangle at the same time and just move forward and back out of range slightly to engage/disengage the door.

- What should happen is the door sensor will deactivate, but the lights around it will stay activated and so will the door switch. You may need to move back and forth a little to get the jist of it, but that's basically it, then you can use both triangles to open far door xD

It's weird that some of the lights stay powered even though the sensor above door turns off. Plus the fact that you could potentially leave without the orb doing this, does perhaps make it seem like a glitch.

One thing I found strange is downstairs where you find both leyden jars, you can place the one powering the vitae slave in the slot next to the other in the center, which makes more power go to the thing in the center giving it more power, I cant really find any other use of it though

Thanks for explaining how to use the Alchemist Chamber trick!

I managed to finish the Speedster Trophy just now.

Without the skip I definiety wouldn't have made it.

It took me exactly 2 hours, 18 minutes and 23 seconds (including loading screens).

On 26/10/2020 at 11:12 PM, Calypox said:

Thanks for explaining how to use the Alchemist Chamber trick!

I managed to finish the Speedster Trophy just now.

Without the skip I definiety wouldn't have made it.

It took me exactly 2 hours, 18 minutes and 23 seconds (including loading screens).

Winner xD

@SquidGeneral10 @MinatoIsDeadLol

@riverrun_PT

Hey guys, yes me AGAIN xD

I didnt wanna pollute ur guide comments so asking here

Got another query abt the clock and would appreciate ur thought ;)

The glitchless run I did, i thought the PRESS ANY BUTTON screen affected it, but ive tested since and it seemed to stop the timer so....... Ive been scratching my head again and came up  with this, which I brushed off initially

(The game has a CHECKPOINT save btw, on PS4 at least) 

Now there was ONE point where I messed up, then exited and continued at the save approx 5 mins back

We know loading a save from the load menu is fine but WHAT IF when you exit via options, the time/stats up to that point save to that CHECKPOINT save and when you continue (not load), even though it puts u back at the actual proper save point, what if the time is carried because of the checkpoint perhaps loads in when u continue?? 

Ive been trying to think what the checkpoint save is for, maybe this is it and this couls perhaps explain somewhat some trophy inconsistencies like some of us popping LIGHTBRINGER on 70 matches, some with 120 etc. 

This could be easy to test actually with bottles in the caves

This could actually explain some wierd phenomena ive seen here..... Playing with saves and reloading to optimise parts, bottom of the cistern, one time the CAN OPENER cover was already opened, checkpoint related perhaps??? 

What do u think, food for thought right xD