People who got the plat, finished the time trials, or still trying, what are the most difficult levels?

Nitro Processing, Toxic tunnels, and Seeing Double were the hardest for me overall. Seeing double was only hard in the first Cortex part. Nothing that crazy with some practice. I never got stuck on one level for more than a day. Cortex castle is definitely not as hard as the other final levels, its just muscle memory. The Bears Repeating level was annoying for the insanely perfect relic because of the hitbox on the bear. 

Crash Landed I was worried about until I got to it and it seemed that the hitbox on the alien was much better than on the bear. Then the time trial for it was really forgiving on such a long level. 

The last notable one was in the Sn@xx dimension on Rush Hour. Dying in the last traffic section after getting all boxes was super annoying. 

Overall not bad if you keep at it. Seems impossible on the first run of the game since you know nothing about the levels and die upwards of 50+ times in the last level alone. 

Edited by psycho_clank314

I think in terms of time trials, the worst ones for me Jetbopard Jetty, Nitro Processing, Toxic Tunnels, and Seeing Doubles. Surprisingly Cortex Castle wasn't that bad to get a platinum relic on because it's a short level that they throw Aku Akus at you.

I would also like to point out that some of the N.Sanely perfect relics (specifically the ones with riding sections) were far more difficult than their respective platinum relics.

On 10/21/2020 at 6:06 PM, Quincy101 said:

For me it was Toxic Tunnels and Rock Blocked. I found Cortex castle alot easier than I expected, once you get used to the last sections it become muscle memory. With all things said alot of it is trail and error on all levels.

Same! I did Cortex Castle rather fast.  Rock Blocked totally broke me though. I have no idea why. In retrospect it doesn't seem hard, especially the first half, but I just kept screwing up. 

Big tip: during the 2d lava section, slide and jump. DO NOT slide spin. You'll probably end up losing height and hitting the lava. If you just slide you stay parallel to floor for a longer distance and don't run the risk of hitting the lava.

Haven't tried toxic tunnels yet. I want to do the TT/NSR for Bears Repeating/Bridges first. 

The hardest? I would say that you have to separate levels into three categories based on their type of difficulty:
1) The longest - Toxic Tunnels and Crash Landed - these two are not excruciating because of some riddiculously put boxes (except that one TNT in colour gem path in the first one, you'll know, which one), but because if you're doing them the first time, it will seem possible to do them without more than 3 deaths. NSPR? Naaaah, thanks, 10-15 minutes of your time wasted after every try.
However, memorising and using clever tricks (sticking close to the edges and such) should help you. Riding an alien in Crash Landed is easier and much more thought than...
2) The glitchiest - Bear's things. You will strangle Polar in your mind multiple times. Hitbox of that white abomination is finnicky and requires extra focus, unnecessary for, apart from that monstrosity, entire, rather low difficulty of those tvo levels themselves. Tips? Aim for every four chests carefully and don't move nervously.
3) The most skill-requiring - Cortex Castle/Seeing Double are not easy, but! these are pretty linear. If you figure out the method for each of them, you're good to go. Rush Hour and Co... Rock Blocked are an "amusement", because you need to be focused all the time. No other tip than that, because Dingo's levels are rather straightforward....

APART FROM NO DILLO DALLYING. SERIOUSLY. GO. TO. HELL. The placement of chests while riding the boat is a shi*show, no more, no less.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, HugoA-El said:

I know this is an old topic, but I've just gotten the platinum.

For me the hardest time trial plat was Rock Blocked, Nitro Processing and Toxic Tunnels.

Congratulations!

I need to do Toxic Tunnels, Cortex Castle and Seeing Double.
I was trying to do Toxic Tunnels yesterday, but the time requirement is very strict there...

So after I finished the story, I did the TT for Rude Awakening. It wasn't as hard as people say. But then, I did Cortex Castle which I struggled with but that was probably because I didn't get used to the level and did the TT before the NPR.

Yesterday, I did Nitro Processing and Toxic Tunnels after getting all gems, NPRs, and platinum relics for the flashback tapes. I honestly didn't find them difficult as many people did. They took me several tries for sure but not hours. But Seeing Double, on the other hand, is just pure pain. I had tried to do it yesterday for more than 2 hours and couldn't do it. Controlling Cortex is just horrible. At least with Crash/Coco you have a lot of flexibility and different movements, not the case with Cortex.

Hopefully, I will do Seeing Double today and I will be done with the last dimension. Then, I will try Rock Blocked or Jetboard Jetty as many people consider them very difficult and tight in terms of time.

The levels I did or tried to do ordered from the most difficult for time trials:

1. Seeing Double
  2. Cortex Castle
  3. Jetboard Jetty
  4. Rock Blocked
  5. Toxic Tunnels
  6. Nitro Processing
  7. The Crate Escape
  8. Draggin On
  9. Rude Awakening

I will update the list as I go through the other levels.

Edited by eOhmz

Nitro Processing was hardest to me, cause to reach plat time you have to rush on a platforms that are moving from side to side. And it wasn't easy to me to catch that cycle and timing.

Seeing double and Cortex Castle weren't really hard. In Cortext Castle you can abuse 2 masks to save like 5-6 seconds, so it's easy. Also the end of a level is just a muscle memory, and really easy already if you get perfect relic on those levels.

Jetboard Jetty was also hard, but didn't spend more than few hours on it.

The thing is that if you try perfect relic, you're already kinda speedrunning a level, because you are tired of those long loads and you know the level perfectly, so when you die and restart you know what to do :)

Edited by Sanctus_1nfernum

I’ve about come to the conclusion that I’m not going to be able to finish this game. I have 34/38 platinum relics and 35/38 perfect medals, but after five hours of practicing I’m still 15 seconds away from the time on Nitro Processing. Even after watching videos I just don’t know how this is possible. 

It doesn’t help that I apparently now have to use the triple spin when I’ve been able to do the entire rest of the game with the slide spin. 

14 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

I’ve about come to the conclusion that I’m not going to be able to finish this game. I have 34/38 platinum relics and 35/38 perfect medals, but after five hours of practicing I’m still 15 seconds away from the time on Nitro Processing. Even after watching videos I just don’t know how this is possible. 

It doesn’t help that I apparently now have to use the triple spin when I’ve been able to do the entire rest of the game with the slide spin. 

Do not give up now.

This level is followed by Toxic Tunnels that can be annoying but the last 2 levels are easy once you know the layout. You are very close now. :)

This video from @madbuk might help. He didn't use triple spins:

Spoiler

Edited by HusKy

You can do it. It doesn't matter how long you've tried. What's important it to keep on trying and you'll be able to find some time saving tricks eventually. I too had a hard time with Nitro Processing but I found out that I can get invincible at the end so I could run for my life without worrying for enemies/obstacles going to ruin my run. 

Edited by reckscollie
Spelling error

You've done 34/38 so far and you're saying to quit that? You're joking mate. 

It took me 137h to obtain the platinum trophy, and yes, the last 4 levels were terrifying, but eventually I did it. Toxic Tunnels took me 3 days, playing after work for 3h daily (so about 9h in total). 

You can do it. Head's up and keep trying. 

On 11/26/2020 at 6:07 AM, ONUOsFan said:

Ok, guys, thanks for the encouragement. Guess I was just posting in a moment of frustration. I did manage to get it done by the slimmest of margins last night. 

On to the last three!

Good job! You can do it!

• Like 2