Your Favorite PS4 Moment (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well. 

It's been a while, but myself and @ChernobylNinja are back to ask you all a question for the 100th episode of our podcast, "Plat Cast"! 

We thought since we're on the cusp of a new generation of PlayStation, we'd simply ask:

"What has been your favorite PS4 moment?"

Maybe it is from a certain game that was on the PS4? Perhaps it was during a PS4 exclusive game? Was it when you first booted up the system? Did you have a great time with some friends playing on it?

Let us know! 

Also, if you're a returning listener to the podcast, and want to do a small shout-out to anyone or to the show, just include it in your answer. 

Thanks folks! Looking forward to hearing from you all!  

• Like 3

This is a Red Dead Redemption II Endgame Spoiler 

My favorite moment in this generation is hands down Arthur Morgans last ride to confront Dutch at the last camp in the game. This moment is executed so beautifully, it really makes you think about the journey that has led to this moment with flashbacks of all the people you helped, (in my case) and the music that plays is just absolutely perfect. You know what’s going to happen once Arthur reaches the camp and this scene just brings harmony before the ensuing battle that happens to bring Arthur to his final fate. Its just perfect, that’s all I have to say. 

• Like 3

Hey dudes, 

Love the podcast as you know. My favorite PS4 moment has to be completing my first raid in Destiny. At the time, that model of game was fresh, new and had such a great community. It seemed to set the framework for live-service games. Me and my friends would stay up all night playing PvP, cruising around planets and doing strikes.

When the first raid dropped (Vault of Glass) we tried over and over with a lot of failure. We swapped loadouts, watched videos, laughed, fought and died, but we never gave up. We finally beat it one night around 4am and it was such a rewarding feeling that no other game has given me. It turned into a weekly event for us and overall provided us lots of great memories. I don’t play Destiny anymore, but I won’t ever forget beating that first raid!

Keep up the great work on the show!

• Like 1

There are too many, but the first one to come to mind is:

God of War on PS4. When Kratos had to go back and get his chains... It gave me a shiver and I thought of every awesome action movie quote that could fit the moment.

"I thought I was out, but they brought me back in."

"Kratos' art is death, and he is going to paint a masterpiece."

"Here I go killing again".

Sure, maybe that last one doesn't count, but it fits. Great moment, great game, great generation.

• Like 1

Hey Dillan and Zack, 

My favorite moment would have to been when I got my PS4 back in 2017 and found my favorite game Persona 5. 

When I first got my PS4, my brother had his own in his room, and it was hard to play on it (because his room is not one I would go into), and at the time my computer was shit so I could not play mass effect Andromeda so my brother said as a birthday present decided to get me a PS4 to play, and as a bonus, I got Persona 5, and I just fell in love with it.  Also for anyone who wants a damm good JRPG let me direct to Trails Of Cold Steel because it awsome. 

I would like to shout out my fellow discord peeps in the Plat Cast Discord as I would not have many friends to play games with and talk with PlayStation about. 

• Like 1

One of my favorite moments would be with Bloodborne. It was my first Souls game, I've heard all about the difficulty and I was really excited for the game. That first hour of playtime, exploring Central Yharnam, learning the combat and controls, and finding my way to the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne, it was such an enjoyable experience. The rest of the game was just as enjoyable, but that first time dropping in was so memorable.

• Like 1

For me it has to be finally getting my hands on a home vr headset that 90's video game shows were telling me was just around the corner. To put it on and be fully immersed in the worlds you've up until now just looked through the window at is something else. 
Fantastic job on the show and making it to episode 100 guys. Maybe start prepping for episode 200 a bit earlier so we don't have to wait as long ?

My favourite PS4 moment is actually an accumulation from 2015 to present day. It is not game based but rather game driven I suppose. It is the many wonderful people I have meet, spoken with and come to know for better, worse or indifferent in game, in chats or in real life from all around the world. It has been amazing to laugh, learn and share. The last 6 years of PS4 and trophy hunting have been fantastic and to land where I have now with a group of amazing people I have meet through a common passion of gaming but have established friendships that run far deeper than game chatter is something I will value for a long time to come.

As my shoutout I want to thank both of you. Having had the privilege of speaking with you both I can attest you are awesome humans that bring so much honesty and joy to gaming. Your podcast, the community you have built and your continual effort to produce awesome content while rolling with the challenges of life is something I truly respect. I never miss an episode and am always left in a wonderful state of mind after listening. I look forward to another 100 episodes and then 100 more to follow. Keep up the amazing work you are bringing joy to many people, more than you will ever probably know.

All the best,

Cj

• Like 1

Hands down gotta be experiencing the masterpiece that is Knack I and II baby!

Real talk though, it's really hard to narrow it down to 1 so I'm gonna name 3:

1- Playing the entire Yakuza series. I had never played a Japanese oriented game before and for some reason decided to take a chance on Yakuza 0 and boy am I glad I did. Everything about those games from the story, comedy, soundtrack, weirdness, fights, etc are exceptional. Can't wait to go back to get the platinums and hear Majima say "KIRYU-CHAN!" again. 

2- Getting the Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice platinum. I remember trying the game out day 1 and dying so many times to the first mini boss that the only trophy I unlock was using Resurrection for the first time and gave up. I'm so glad I gave it another chance and eventually got the plat.

3- Platinums. First platinum was on the PS4 and as soon as I achieved that first one I became addicted. It was like that good Yeyo. Also, thanks to them I came across great communities who shared the same addiction like Plat Cast where I've had some of the funniest experiences ever. Shout out to GTA IV, am I right @Aceboy9 and @Redbeard-Rik

• Like 2

My favorite PS4 moment has to be getting and playing Kingdom Hearts 3 after 13 years or so of waiting for it to come out.

Incredible and so emotional not gonna lie I shed a couple of joyful tears right when "Dearly Beloved" started playing.

Another one would off be the FF7 Remake which I was able to play 2 weeks before the official release date and it felt so surreal and amazing I wanted it to never end.