The "Oh god the PS5 is coming out soon and I have so many PS3 games left" Event [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN]

Last update of the year:

Quantum Conundrum    6% -> 100%

Remember Me    5% -> 100%

Alice: Madness Returns    51% -> 100%

METAL GEAR SOLID 4    73%
Dead Space 2    69%
Grand Theft Auto IV    60%
Batman: Arkham City    60%
BioShock Infinite    37%
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE    19%
Call of Duty: Black Ops II    18%
Bulletstorm    16%
VANQUISH    8%
Puppeteer    7%
DmC Devil May Cry    6%
Dead Space 3    6%
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD    5%
Just Cause 2    5%
Crysis2    4%
KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories    4%
Starhawk    3%
CATHERINE    2%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution    2%
Sleeping Dogs    2%
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record    2%
Metro: Last Light    1%
Mortal Kombat    1%
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning    1%
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    1%
Darksiders II    1%

On 10/22/2020 at 1:17 PM, Lum said:

All the online are done on all the PS3 games I own that have them so thankfully I don't have to worry about those trophies anymore. My PS3 backlog isn't huge (my PS4 one is though), but hopefully I can fit these in somehow and finish at least some of them:

Max Payne 3 (0.72%/0.31%) - 73%

Red Dead Redemption (3.37%/0.73%) - 47%

Persona 4 Arena (0.37%) - 40%

Infamous (11.27%) - 0%

Infamous 2 (18%) - 0%

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (21%) - 0%

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns (17.78%) - 0%

Remember Me (9.75%) - 0%

The first 3 are from the UR Cleanup event too so if I can get those done it will be a double bonus for me. I haven't got into the JRPG mood in quite awhile so hopefully getting into this event will help somewhat change that with these FFXIII games.

I haven't made any progress on the PS3 backlog yet since the beginning of this event but I think I'll start working on completing Max Payne 3 to kickstart 2021. I have some collectible and miscellaneous trophies to take care of first before tackling the toughest ones, as I prefer finishing all the easier trophies, under reasonable circumstances, before moving on to the hardest ones. Also, another game I want to add to the list (and probably more that I forgot or will come across) that I've been meaning to play is Spec Ops: The Line since I've read many positive reviews about it and seems like a game right up my alley.

Max Payne 3 - 73%

Red Dead Redemption - 47%

Persona 4 Arena - 40%

Infamous - 0%

Infamous 2 - 0%

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 0%

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - 0%

Remember Me - 0%

Spec Ops: The Line - 0%

22 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Ya know, if you want the completion % to be the percent of games remaining to be completed you should add another column that says "Games completed".  Then the % column could just have the formula (assuming that column C is the new games completed column) =($C2/$B2)*100 and copy it down for the whole column.  Then it would auto calculate.  I would set the column to showing a max of two decimal places.

This is great advice! I'm definitely going to incorporate this, thank you so much.

19 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Killer is dead is one of the games that has been in my backlog the longest, but i cant wait to play it now despite alot of ppl saying its a crap game. 

Don't listen to them. It's great. Not the best game ever, but absolutely worth your time to play.

Alice: Madness Returns

Alpha Protocol

Demon's Souls(NA)

Iron Man 2

Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes

Second completed game is Star Wars.  Easy game with bad graphics and terrible jumping camera,I died over 500 times. ?

But overall pretty decent game,not bad for co-op if you want something easy and simple. 

I see that a lot of people have Alice in the backlog including me. But Demon's Souls first,Alice next.

Also Remember Me was mentioned;I really didn't like that game.Only good thing was combat system which reminded me of Batman AA.

Edited by blazkowicz6
  • Like 1

Today I became a game from England, because the German Version is censored, to add to my Unstarted PS3 games.
It's The Saboteur.

Started Game:
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing 2%

Finished games: (1 game)
1. WRC 2 (82% - 40/51 trophies / 11 trophies discontinued) [17-11-2020]

Unstarted Games: (41 games)
Absolute Supercars
Aquanaut's Holiday: 隠された記録 (Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories)
Assassin's Creed II
Cars: Race-O-Rama
デートアライブ-凜祢ユートピア (Date A Live: Rinne Utopia)
デートアライブ-或守インストール (Date A Live: Arusu Install)
DiRT 2
DiRT 3
DiRT Showdown
F1 2010
F1 2011
F1 2012
F1 2013
F1 2014
Ferrari Challenge
Ferrari The Race Experience
Germany's next Topmodel 2011
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 6
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
ISインフィニットストラトス2-イグニッションハーツ (Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts)
Le Tour de France 2013: 100th Edition
MotoGP 09/10
MotoGP 10/11
MotoGP 13
MX Vs. ATV: Alive
NASCAR 14
Need for Speed: Undercover
Rayman Origins
Schlag den Raab: Das 2. Spiel
Schlag den Raab: Das 3. Spiel
真-流行り神 (Shin Hayarigami)
Sonic Generations
Supercar Challenge
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
The Saboteur [new]
The Smurfs 2
Trivial Pursuit
XBlaze Code: Embryo (EU)

• Like 1

December was busy but I still managed to platinum Bioshock 2 which i'm happy about seeing as my last one was August. Also had to work on Battlefield Hardline & Shadow of Mordor as both have server shutdowns this month. 

Bioshock 2: :platinum: 94% - Only Rebirth left

Yakuza 3: 35%>51% - Finished the story and now finishing the sub-stories/hitman missions and working on mini games.

Crysis 3: 1%>3% - Started playing playing the MP again. 

I don't think I can plat Yakuza 3 by the end of Jan but I would like to have it at 75%-80% and have Bioshock 2 completed to 100%

• Like 1

PS3 Backlog Update #3

I was hoping to be able to finish out 2020 by saying I completed Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep but alas, not yet.  But I am really, really close.  I finished Aqua and Ventus so now all I have to do is wrap up Terra's everything and then play the game again on critical.  I think I'm more worried about beating the bonus bosses with Terra as I already miss Ven's speed and Aqua's shield.  But I refuse to give up!  Right now I'm working on just grinding out Terra to level 70 even if it takes a million years.

• Kingdom Hearts II (27%)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (82% > 84% > 89%)
  • Hyperdimention Neptunia (30%)
  • Hyperdimention Neptunia V (31%)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (43%)
  • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (13%)
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns (0%)
  • Like 1

On 17/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, Caquis_1 said:

First update for me after a while. 

Finished Games:

• God of War (100%) -> After a year i decided to finally complete this game and managed to get the "Speed of Jason McDonald" with 2 hours left in the run.

Started Games:

• God of War 2 (11%). Gonna finish this game before going back to COD: Advance Warfare and Uncharted 2.

Still Unfinished:

• Call of Duty: Advance Warfare (82%) (Forgot to mention that I already got the Platinum for the game, only missing the dlcs right now.)
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (91%)

Second and last update of the year.

Finished Games:

• God of War (100%)
  • God of War 2 (100%) -> The last two challenges were making me insane, but managed to complet them and get the platinum before I gave up lol.

Started Games:

• Minecraft (18%) -> Actually starting to think this was a mistake as I'm not that good at the game, gonna see what trophies I can get in a survival world and when I get bored or die a lot of times, gonna move to the tutorial world.

Still Unfinished:

• Call of Duty: Advance Warfare (82%) -> Still working on the dlcs, if someone wants to help I would really appreciate it, especially the last two easter eggs.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (91%) -> Gonna attempt getting the colectibles I'm missing and finishing the story on the crushing difficulty.

So yeah, for January I'm planning on getting the unfinished games done and keep on griding Minecraft before moving onto other games. At the same time, gonna continue playing most of the PS4 games I have left incomplete. :)

So I saw this post today and wanted to clean up my PS3 games in 2021 anyway so thought I jump on the bandwagon now if that's alright. 

So I have currently 122 ps3 games in my backlog... there's more but I couldn't be bothered counting the rest... :P I had a habit of buying games playing 5 minutes then getting busy and never picking it up again or just never getting around to playing them... Pesky sales! was hoping PS4 would get me out of that habit... It didn't... 

so I have 59 that I have already started and 63 that I haven't started. I know for a fact that I cannot do all of these due to various reasons but realistically if I can get a third of these trophies I would be super Happy... I'm also not very good at gaming so it's a lot harder for me as well. :P My main focus will be on just improving each Completion rating as much as possible (this year has been my best Plat wise with 22 so I will probably not even dent this list)

59 GAMES - STARTED • 2,986 TROPHIES • 80,520 POINTS (Earned prior to starting 607 Trophies - 2379 left)

Spoiler

1.       Alice: Madness Returns (7%)

2.       Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (20%)

3.       Batman: Arkham Asylum (64%)

4.       Batman: Arkham City (9%)

5.       BioShock (8%)

6.       Borderlands (2%)

7.       Call of Duty: Black Ops (13%)

8.       Call of Duty: Ghosts (39%)

9.       Call of Duty: World at War  (20%)

10.   CounterSpy (14%)

11.   Crysis 3 (1%)

12.   CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (34%)

13.   Dante's Inferno (14%)

14.   Dead Island (1%)

15.   Dead Space 3 (1%)

16.   Deus Ex: Human Revolution (10%)

17.   Diablo III (21%)

18.   flOw (4%)

19.   Flower (47%)

20.   God of War (32%)

21.   Gran Turismo 5 (2%)

22.   Grand Theft Auto V (3%)

23.   Heavy Rain (2%)

24.   Hitman: Absolution (11%)

25.   Hoard (4%)

26.   inFamous (50%)

27.   Journey (23%)

28.   Just Cause 2 (2%)

29.   Kingdom Hearts (21%)

30.   L.A. Noire (27%)

31.   LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (28%)

32.   LittleBigPlanet (12%)

33.   LittleBigPlanet Karting (41%)

34.   Mass Effect (2%)

35.   Minecraft (39%)

36.   Mortal Kombat (4%)

37.   Payday 2 (5%)

38.   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (63%)

39.   Portal 2 (5%)

40.   Prince of Persia (14%)

41.   Proteus (10%)

42.   Puppeteer (8%)

43.   Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (8%)

44.   Rayman Origins (1%)

45.   Red Dead Redemption (1%)

46.   Saints Row: The Third (13%)

47.   Superfrog (38%)

48.   The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2%)

49.   The Darkness II (20%)

50.   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (31%)

51.   The Last of Us (1%)

52.   The Sims 3 (8%)

53.   The Walking Dead: Season 2 (46%)

54.   Thief (2%)

55.   Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (48%)

56.   Velocity Ultra (18%)

57.   Vessel (4%)

58.   Watch Dogs (6%)

59.   Wolfenstein: The New Order (1%)

63 GAMES-  NOT STARTED• 2,722 TROPHIES • 80,085 POINTS

Spoiler

1.       Alien: Isolation

2.       Assassin's Creed III

3.       Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

4.       Assassin's Creed Revelations

5.       Assassin's Creed Rogue

6.       Back to the Future - Episode 2: Get Tannen

7.       Back to the Future - Episode 3: Citizen Brown

8.       Back to the Future - Episode 4: Double Visions

9.       Back to the Future - Episode 5: OUTATIME

10.   Batman: Arkham Origins

11.   Beyond: Two Souls

12.   Borderlands 2

13.   Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

14.   Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

15.   Catherine

16.   Darksiders

17.   Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut  

18.   Dishonored

19.   Driver: San Francisco

20.   Fallout 3

21.   Fallout: New Vegas

22.   Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

23.   Far Cry Classic

24.   Final Fantasy XIII-2

25.   God of War II  

26.   God of War III

27.   God of War: Ascension

28.   God of War: Chains of Olympus

29.   God of War: Ghost of Sparta

30.   Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

31.   Hitman: Contracts

32.   Homefront

33.   inFamous 2

34.   Jak 3

35.   Jurassic Park: The Cavalry

36.   Jurassic Park: The Depths

37.   Jurassic Park: The Survivors        

38.   LEGO Jurassic World

39.   LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

40.   Limbo   

41.   Mafia II

42.   Mass Effect 2

43.   Mass Effect 3

44.   Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

45.   Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones  

46.   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within  

47.   Rain

48.   Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

49.   Resistance 2

50.   Resistance 3

51.   Risen 3: Titan Lords

52.   Saints Row IV

53.   Sleeping Dogs

54.   Sound Shapes

55.   Spec Ops: The Line  

56.   The Wolf Among Us  

57.   Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier

58.   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell  

59.   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

60.   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

61.   Tomb Raider

Okay, that should keep me going until at least the PS6... Hope everyone has a great New Year! 

Edited by Matttrent101
Included my trophies earned prior to starting
  • Like 3

I did a lot of Ps3 Games Earlier this year and after getting into this Thread i kinda started to get back into ps4 backlog but anyway i got some stuff done since november and this is my First Update

My List of unfinished Ps3 Games is Kinda Endless so i think i will give up editing the todo list and instead just post whats done^^

1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

3. Remember Me

4. Battlefield 4 (DLC still missing but i dont think i will ever do them)

5. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

6. LittleBigPlanet

7. Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

8. Minecraft

9. Need for Speed: Undercover

10. Bayonetta

11. Saints Row: The Third (Dlc still missing but i am currently working on getting them done)

12. Hotline Miami

Its a start for this Project here. CUrrently i am working on Deus Ex Human Revolution and the dlc of saints Row The Third also
Agenda as next games

F1 Race stars

Puppeteer

F1 2013

Metro Last Light dlc CLeanup

SOnic Hedgehog

Eat Them

Alice Madness Returns

Zone of the Ender 2

Dead Nation

PLants vs Zombies

Black ops dlc CLeanup

Dragons Dogma

and many many more^^

• Like 1

I've been a bit slack this past month and picked up the PS3 controller only a couple of times.

Progress on:

PlayStation All-stars Battle Royale I can't complete this due to servers being down, but have got 3 trophies left which I can get before I shelve it

Steins;Gate The PS+ game from December 2018. I've seen some of the anime so I'm interested in the series, and the game is living up to that. Just starting off really, with 8/42 trophies, but it's something! Another off the 'haven't played' pile <3

See here for my master post

• Like 1

Started but incomplete (8):

Zuma - 90%

God of War - 82%

Kingdom Hearts - 52%

Kingdom Hearts II - 55%

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes - 57% -->  67%

Ateiler Rorona - 14%

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny - 11%

Resonance of Fate - 10%

Completed (1):

Tales of Symphonia

It's the last day of the year and considering the grind that is Sengoku Basara and the fact that I'm not playing any other PS3 games actively at the moment, probably won't be getting any more trophies this year.  Finally got the pack rat trophy for getting at least one of each material.  The last one was pretty hard since you have to do a no damage run on hard difficulty for one level.  One of the levels where this is doable to pull off is really hard to do it with because in the middle there are a bunch of demolition soldiers.  Those are hands down, the most annoying enemy types there are.  They are soldiers that have bombs on their backs and come running at you until the bombs explode for a lot of damage.  On hard, it's tricky to beat them quickly enough to avoid them exploding right by you and they are pretty fast as well, so outrunning doesn't always work.  Found an ally that makes them explode more quickly so I can outrun them at least.  Then just had to beat the boss for that battle with no damage, which isn't too hard to pull off with the right characters.

Down to 26 more playthroughs to complete for the grind.  Two heroes now have max level and all weapons.  One more has max level but still needs some weapons to be done.  The other two I've completed all their playthroughs for need levels and weapons.  Have two more heroes at three playthroughs completed and four with two playthorughs completed.  Four more one have one and realized that one actually is going to need four playthroughs to get all their allies, ugh.  Finished 14 out of 38 fugitive KOs.  Besides unique accessories I only have 16 accessorues left to gather materials for.  Have to do one more no damage run on hard to get one of them, the rest mostly need me to farm in stages that don't show up as often in story mode (there's a quick battle mode that lets me do this, but I'm putting that off until I'm done with all the playthroughs for allies/accessories and am down to farming for materials and weapons) or to farm parries (which are annoying to farm because I suck at timing them right, but they can be farmed in any level).  Then will also be the fun of farming for any weapons I didn't get in story mode along with getting all of them to max level.  Weapon farming is going to be a bit annoying because that's luck based and what can drop also depends on the difficulty being played on.  Only bosses drop weapons and you have a good shot of just getting a repeat one instead of a new one.  Repeats also can have better stats than the one you have already, or could be worse and are just sold for a small amount of money (which I no longer really need).  Pretty much it's possible one can get all the needed weapons via story mode, or they may have to do random quick battles over and over again and it still doesn't drop.

Can say this though, once I finish this one up I'm probably just going to want to play something easier before moving on to Rune Factory which will be the next incomplete PS3 game I'm tackling.  Definitely need a break from grind and excessive amounts of playthroughs between Sengoku Basara and Tales of Symphonia.  @SpaceCoresDad I'd definitely recommend Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for the Effort badge with the sheer number of playthroughs it takes and the fact that I'm barely over halfway done and have over 100 hours in this already.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

December Update

Mass Effect 2 - 98%
BioShock 2 - 96% (+10%)
Mass Effect 3 - 93%
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 91%
Limbo - 90%
BioShock Infinite - 79%
Batman: Arkham City - 78%
GTA IV - 76%
Dishonored - 73%
BioShock - 69% (+15%)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 67% (+5%)
Mass Effect - 62%
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 61% (+15%)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 60%
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - 58%
Shadow of the Colossus - 39%

Rarest Trophy - High Score, BioShock 2 (10.79% B )
Longest Trophy - Historian, BioShock (11.45% S)
Hardest Trophy - Monster Hunter, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (11.93% B )

Unfortunately hit the 'Armoured Shell 2' glitch on BioShock playthrough so going to have to revisit that at some point to get all tonics, which I could have done without.

Next month - more Metal Gear Solid and DLC's

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 1

Happy New Year! Family obligations and the lure of the PS4 kept me from making too much progress this month, but I was able to find a partner for Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Thanks, Spudchip!), so I can proudly report:

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record [72%] -> [100%][Plat]

Making my total progress for the event:

Anna: Extended Edition (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires [95%] -> [100%][Plat]
Hyperdimension Neptunia [48%] -> [61%]
Mass Effect 3 [80%] - > [81%]
X-Men: Destiny (Unstarted) -> [62%]

At some point I need to find the will to stop playing new games and return to complete old games, or at least make sure that the new games I start are PS3 games. So while ladynadiad’s suffering in Tales of Symphonia and Sengoku Basara looks tempting to join, I think for January I’m going to make an effort to return to and make progress in Retro City Rampage, MySims SkyHeroes, BioShock 2, and/or Hyperdimension Neptunia. 

Retro City Rampage and Hyperdimension Neptunia were both paused recently to make time for other games, and I even managed to complete the main storyline for Neptunia before shelving it. I’m on new game+ because I passed up the chance for the true ending in order to get overpowered weapons and armor in my first playthrough.

MySims SkyHeroes looked like a fun, simple game I could plat in a week, which of course turned out to have the same terrible rubberbanding that’s present in all racing games, combined with confusing aerial dogfights where I found it nearly impossible to keep my target in my sights. Hopefully returning after a long break will help things just click, or at least I’ll manage to find the strength to power through. 

I finished all the multiplayer stuff in BioShock 2, and then just petered out early into the single player. I know that you can do the ‘no death’ and ‘hardest difficulty’ trophies in two separate runs on this one, and that combining the two into one run only makes things unnecessarily difficult, so it’s really my own damn fault for setting up such an intimidating set of circumstances. So yeah, another one where I’ll just need to buckle down and power through.

• Like 1

Little progress this month, mostly due to Christmas and school but I'm hopping I can platinum/100% something by the end of January.

Spoiler

Complete:

(None so far)

Started but not complete:

The Last of Us (15%)

Devil May Cry (30%)

Bioshock (56%) [100% unattainable due to my inability to buy the DLC]

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (61%)

Sonic Unleashed (63%)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (73%)

Mirror's Edge (90%)

Metal Gear Rising (0%->7%)

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (0%->24%)

Not Started

Metal Gear Solid 2

Borderlands

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in time

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 one

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Sly Cooper: Thieves in time

Devil May Cry 2

Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 4

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Nights Into Dreams

Red Dead Redemption

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic CD

Sonic Generations

Happy New Year to everyone! Stay safe during the new year, I'm sure this time next year will be looking a lot better than currently so hang in there!

• Like 1

My last update from 2020.

Completed Mass Effect 2 and LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean.

Advanced Batman Arkham Origins to 59% and added the following games to the backlog: Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Dead Space Extraction, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut.

Edited by LordWikii
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gethron said:

I finished all the multiplayer stuff in BioShock 2, and then just petered out early into the single player. I know that you can do the ‘no death’ and ‘hardest difficulty’ trophies in two separate runs on this one, and that combining the two into one run only makes things unnecessarily difficult, so it’s really my own damn fault for setting up such an intimidating set of circumstances. So yeah, another one where I’ll just need to buckle down and power through.

I did both in a single run and I'd recommend doing it this way to save yourself a playthourgh. I don't understand why two playthroughs are recommended as it isn't that difficult and is easier compared to the original. 

• Like 1

Finished up one PS3 game in December with Mass Effect 2. It might be one of my favorite games ever. I thought they took everything great about the first game and just made it better. I'm going to start ME3 in the next couple of days so hoping to have another PS3 game done for January. Hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season and here's to a new year of trophy hunting!

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

And to think you say that when I haven't even started Mugen Souls yet.  Mugen Souls is supposed to be a 600-800 hour long plat.

In September I finished grinding my platinum for Fortnite. A mission in Fortnite lasts around 20 minutes. There is a trophy for rescuing 1,500 survivors. In the most survivor-dense mission, you can rescue 15 if the game doesn't glitch the spawns and you don't screw up and let any of them die. There is a trophy for killing 20,000 mist monsters. In the right mission type I could kill 50-80. But at least those two you could do solo. Because there is a trophy for playing 1,000 random, public missions. But hey, the game gives you some control over where you go. You can play in a lower level zone, where every 8 year old has a mic and would rather trade than do the objective. Or you can play a higher level zone, which is literally and figuratively a ghost town and where it's impossible to complete the objective on your own.

Oh, and there something like a two month period right before I got the plat where it was impossible to earn any trophies because the developer broke trophy support during a major patch, and didn't fix it until the next major patch. It was nice worrying whether 2 years of effort had gone to waste and this was going to be an unobtainable platinum because the developer decided to bulldoze the finish line for no good reason.

• Like 1

There are so many PS3 games I’d still like to get but games like Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect, Batman and BioShock series I’ll probably aim for remastered versions. That leaves Metal Gear, God of War and Devil May Cry series but holding out for those ones for now.

My Aim

Alice: Madness Returns (100%)

Asura’s Wrath (69%)

Catherine (0%)

Darksiders (0%)

Drakengard 3 (0%)

Final Fantasy XIII (0%)

ICO (0%)

Killer Is Dead (18%)

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (0%)

Okami (0%)

Remember Me (0%)

Resonance of Fate (0%)

The Walking Dead (100%)

WET (0%)

Edited by WhisperingDusk

I would like to join as I have made it resolution this year to complete a lot of my PS3 games and clean my backlog up a bit! My backlog is embarrassingly large, but I am going to try my best!

Started PS3 games (143):

Spoiler

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes - 7%
  2. Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - 13%
  3. Alice: Madness Returns - 42%
  4. Alone in the Dark - 1%
  5. Angry Bird Trilogy - 3%
  6. Army of Two: The 40th Day - 11%
  7. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 62%
  8. Assassin's Creed II - 98%
  9. Assassin's Creed III - 10%
  10. Assassin's Creed Revelations - 38%
  11. Batman: Arkham Asylum - 58%
  12. Batman: Arkham City - 52%
  13. Batman: Arkham Origins - 30%
  14. Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction - 32%
  15. Beyond: Two Souls - 13%
  16. BioShock - 1%
  17. BioShock 2 - 1%
  18. BioShock Infinite - 42%
  19. Borderlands - 14%
  20. Borderlands 2 - 9%
  21. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 12%
  22. Burnout Paradise - 11%
  23. Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2011 - 3%
  24. Call of Duty: Black Ops - 10%
  25. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - 10%
  26. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 8%
  27. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 17%
  28. Carnival Island - 2%
  29. Cars 2 - 37%
  30. Closure - 4%
  31. Create - 10%
  32. Dante’s Inferno - 56%
  33. De Blob 2 - 36%
  34. Deadpool - 37%
  35. Diablo III - 13%
  36. Dishonored - 25%
  37. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - 22%
  38. Disney Universe - 31%
  39. DJ Hero 2 - 3%
  40. DMC Devil May Cry - 8%
  41. EyePet - 5%
  42. Fairytale Fights - 7%
  43. Fallout 3 - 3%
  44. Fallout: New Vegas - 1%
  45. Family Game Night 3 - 1%
  46. Family Guy: Back To the Multiverse - 15%
  47. Far Cry 3 - 38%
  48. Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown - 40%
  49. Ghostbusters: The Video Game - 18%
  50. God of War - 9%
  51. God of War: Chains of Olympus - 7%
  52. Grand Theft Auto V - 4%
  53. Happy Feet Two - 22%
  54. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 - 27%
  55. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 - 5%
  56. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 75%
  57. Heavy Rain - 42%
  58. ICO - 1%
  59. InFAMOUS - 6%
  60. Jak II - 2%
  61. Just Cause 2 - 2%
  62. Kingdom Hearts - 18%
  63. Kingdom Hearts II - 4%
  64. L.A. Noire - 7%
  65. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 38%
  66. LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - 8%
  67. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 14%
  68. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - 10%
  69. LEGO The Lord of the Rings - 4%
  70. Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust - 1%
  71. LittleBigPlanet - 47%
  72. LittleBigPlanet 2 - 14%
  73. Madagascar Kartz - 2%
  74. Mafia II - 24%
  75. Man Vs. Wild - 3%
  76. Mass Effect 3 - 2%
  77. Medal of Honor - 1%
  78. Medal of Honor Frontline - 5%
  79. Medieval Moves - 1%
  80. Men In Black: Alien Crisis - 2%
  81. Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition - 6%
  82. Monsters vs. Aliens - 31%
  83. Nat Geo Challenge! Wild Life - 72%
  84. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 8%
  85. Need for Speed: Shift - 6%
  86. NHL 11 - 5%
  87. NHL 12 - 1%
  88. NHL 2k10 - 2%
  89. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 2%
  90. Payday: The Heist - 1%
  91. Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension - 29%
  92. Pictionary - 64%
  93. Poker Night at the Inventory 2 - 15%
  94. Portal 2 - 5%
  95. Prince of Persia - 14%
  96. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands -  1%
  97. Prison Break - 14%
  98. Prototype - 4%
  99. Quantum Conundrum - 6%
  100. Rain - 10%
  101. Rapala Pro Bass Fishing - 42%
  102. Ratchet & Clank - 1%
  103. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - 7%
  104. Rayman Origins - 1%
  105. Red Dead Redemption - 1%
  106. Remember Me - 5%
  107. Rio - 31%
  108. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - 91%
  109. Saints Row: The Third - 36%
  110. Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen! - 18%
  111. Sideway New York - 4%
  112. Skylanders Giants - 25%
  113. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure - 75%
  114. Sleeping Dogs - 21%
  115. Slender: The Arrival - 14%
  116. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - 8%
  117. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 5%
  118. South Park: The Stick of Truth - 4%
  119. Start the Party! - 25%
  120. Terminator Salvation - 9%
  121. The Adventures of Tintin - 27%
  122. The Amazing Spider-Man - 13%
  123. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14%
  124. The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - 95%
  125. The Sims 3 - 84%
  126. The Sims 3: Pets - 78%
  127. The Smurfs 2 - 25%
  128. Tomb Raider - 52%
  129. Tomb Raider: Legend - 2%
  130. Toy Story 3 - 51%
  131. Trine - 1%
  132. Turbo: Super Stunt Squad - 10%
  133. TV Superstars - 5%
  134. uDraw Studio: Instant Artist - 91%
  135. UFC 2009 Undisputed - 6%
  136. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune - 17%
  137. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 2%
  138. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 61%
  139. Wheel of Fortune - 32%
  140. Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler - 47%
  141. Worms 2: Armageddon - 1%
  142. You Don’t Know Jack - 56%
  143. Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov's Revenge - 11%

Unstarted PS3 games (185):

Spoiler
  1. Aaru’s Awakening
  2. Abyss Odyssey
  3. Alien Rage
  4. Aliens vs. Predators
  5. Anarchy: Rush Hour
  6. Anna -- Extended Edition
  7. Anomaly Warzone Earth
  8. Assassin’s Creed Rogue
  9. Avatar: The Game
  10. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  11. Battleship
  12. Binary Domain
  13. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
  14. BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
  15. BlazeRush
  16. Blood Knights
  17. Brink
  18. Bulletstorm
  19. Cabela’s Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts
  20. Call of Duty: World at War
  21. Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL
  22. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
  23. Cel Damage HD
  24. Chariot
  25. Costume Quest 2
  26. CounterSpy
  27. Crazy Taxi
  28. Crysis 3
  29. Darksiders
  30. Darksiders II 
  31. Datura
  32. Dead Space 3
  33. Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut
  34. DIRT 3
  35. Double Dragon Neon
  36. Downwell
  37. Dragon Ages: Origins
  38. Dragon Fin Soup
  39. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  40. Duck Dynasty
  41. DuckTales: Remastered
  42. Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
  43. Dungeon Defenders
  44. Dungeon Punks
  45. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
  46. Dyad
  47. Far Cry 2
  48. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  49. Far Cry Classic 
  50. Fat Princess
  51. F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
  52. Frozen Synapse Prime
  53. Fuse
  54. Galaga Legions DX
  55. Game of Thrones (RPG)
  56. Generator Rex: Agent of Providence
  57. God Of War: Ghost of Sparta
  58. God Of War: Ascension
  59. God Of War 3
  60. GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
  61. Grand Theft Auto IV
  62. Greg Hastings Paintball 2
  63. GRID 2 
  64. GRID Autosport
  65. Guardians of Middle-earth
  66. Handball 16
  67. Helldivers
  68. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin HD
  69. Hitman: Absolution
  70. Hitman: Blood Money HD
  71. Hitman: Contracts HD
  72. HOARD
  73. Hohokum
  74. How to Train Your Dragon
  75. How to Train Your Dragon 2
  76. Hue
  77. Hunter's Trophy 2 -- America
  78. Hunter's Trophy 2 -- Australia 
  79. Hustle Kings
  80. Hyper Void
  81. ibb & obb
  82. InFAMOUS 2
  83. inviZimals: The Lost Kingdom
  84. Jak 3
  85. Jeopardy!
  86. Joe Danger 2: The Movie
  87. Journey
  88. Kane & Lyncg 2: Dog Days
  89. KickBeat
  90. Killzone
  91. Killzone 2
  92. Killzone 3
  93. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  94. Labyrinth Legends
  95. Legend of Kay Anniversary 
  96. Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’hoole
  97. LEGO the Lego Movie Videogame
  98. LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves
  99. Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
  100. Malicious
  101. Mass Effect
  102. Mass Effect 2
  103. Medal of Honor: Warfighter
  104. Mega Man 10
  105. Metro: Last Light
  106. Mercinaries 2: World in Flames
  107. Mini Ninjas
  108. Monster Jam Battlegrounds
  109. MX vs ATV Supercross
  110. Naughty Bear
  111. NBA 2K14
  112. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
  113. Need for Speed: The Run
  114. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
  115. Okami HD
  116. One Piece Unlimited World Red
  117. PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures
  118. Papo & Yo
  119. PAYDAY 2
  120. PAYDAY The Heist
  121. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
  122. Playstation Move Heroes 
  123. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
  124. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
  125. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  126. Port Royale 3 Pirates & Merchants
  127. Quantum of Solace
  128. R-Type Dimensions
  129. R.I.P.D.: The Game
  130. Race the Sun
  131. Rag Doll Kung Fu
  132. Rainbow Moon
  133. Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
  134. Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
  135. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
  136. Retro/Grade
  137. Risen 2: Dark Waters
  138. Risen 3: Titan Lords
  139. Rochard
  140. Rogue Legacy
  141. Sacred 3
  142. Scene It? Movie Night
  143. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  144. Shake Spears! 
  145. Silent Hill 2 HD
  146. Silent Hill Downpour
  147. SingStar Digital
  148. Sky Force Anniversary
  149. Snakeball
  150. Sniper Elite V2
  151. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 
  152. Sonic The Hedgehog
  153. Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection
  154. Spec Ops: The Line
  155. SSX
  156. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  157. Star Wars: The Force Unleased II
  158. STARWHAL
  159. Street Fighter IV
  160. Street Fighter X Tekken 
  161. Super Motherload
  162. Super Stardust HD
  163. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
  164. The Cave
  165. The Darkness II
  166. The Last Guy
  167. The Unfinished Swan
  168. Thief
  169. Tower of Guns
  170. Trine 2
  171. Truck Racer
  172. Twisted Metal
  173. Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late
  174. Unmechanical: Extended
  175. Unreal Tournament 3
  176. Vanquish
  177. Vessel
  178. Wanted Corp.
  179. We are Doomed
  180. WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship
  181. Xblaze Lost: Memories
  182. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  183. Yakuza 4
  184. Yakuza 5
  185. Young Justice: Legacy

Completed PS3 games (1/329):

1. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD - 90% --> 100% (Completed 1/1/21)

On 12/31/2020 at 8:32 PM, Matttrent101 said:

GAMES STARTED

Hide contents
  1. Alice: Madness Returns (7%)
  2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (20%)
  3. Batman: Arkham Asylum (64%)
  4. Batman: Arkham City (9%)
  5. BioShock (8%)
  6. Borderlands (2%)
  7. Call of Duty: Black Ops (13%)
  8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (39%)
  9. Call of Duty: World at War  (20%)
  10. CounterSpy (14%)
  11. Crysis 3 (1%)
  12. CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (34%)
  13. Dante's Inferno (14%)
  14. Dead Island (1%)
  15. Dead Space 3 (1%)
  16. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (10%)
  17. Diablo III (21%)
  18. flOw (4%)
  19. Flower (47%)
  20. God of War (32%)
  21. Gran Turismo 5 (2%)
  22. Grand Theft Auto V (3%)
  23. Heavy Rain (2%)
  24. Hitman: Absolution (11%)
  25. Hoard (4%)
  26. inFamous (50%)
  27. Journey (23%)
  28. Just Cause 2 (2%)
  29. Kingdom Hearts (21%)
  30. L.A. Noire (27%)
  31. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (28%)
  32. LittleBigPlanet (12%)
  33. LittleBigPlanet Karting (41%)
  34. Mass Effect (2%)
  35. Minecraft (39%)
  36. Mortal Kombat (4%)
  37. Payday 2 (5%)
  38. Portal 2 (5%)
  39. Prince of Persia (14%)
  40. Proteus (10%)
  41. Puppeteer (8%)
  42. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (8%)
  43. Rayman Origins (1%)
  44. Red Dead Redemption (1%)
  45. Saints Row: The Third (13%)
  46. Superfrog (38%)
  47. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2%)
  48. The Darkness II (20%)
  49. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (31%)
  50. The Last of Us (1%)
  51. The Sims 3 (8%)
  52. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (46%)
  53. Thief (2%)
  54. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (48%)
  55. Velocity Ultra (18%)
  56. Vessel (4%)
  57. Watch Dogs (6%)
  58. Wolfenstein: The New Order (1%)

GAMES NOT STARTED

Hide contents
  1. Alien: Isolation
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
  4. Assassin's Creed Revelations
  5. Assassin's Creed Rogue
  6. Back to the Future - Episode 2: Get Tannen
  7. Back to the Future - Episode 3: Citizen Brown
  8. Back to the Future - Episode 4: Double Visions
  9. Back to the Future - Episode 5: OUTATIME
  10. Batman: Arkham Origins
  11. Beyond: Two Souls
  12. Borderlands 2
  13. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  14. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  15. Catherine
  16. Darksiders
  17. Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut  
  18. Dishonored
  19. Driver: San Francisco
  20. Fallout 3
  21. Fallout: New Vegas
  22. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  23. Far Cry Classic
  24. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  25. God of War II  
  26. God of War III
  27. God of War: Ascension
  28. God of War: Chains of Olympus
  29. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  30. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  31. Hitman: Contracts
  32. Homefront
  33. inFamous 2
  34. Jak 3
  35. Jurassic Park: The Cavalry
  36. Jurassic Park: The Depths
  37. Jurassic Park: The Survivors        
  38. LEGO Jurassic World
  39. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  40. Limbo   
  41. Mafia II
  42. Mass Effect 2
  43. Mass Effect 3
  44. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
  45. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones  
  46. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within  
  47. Rain
  48. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
  49. Resistance 2
  50. Resistance 3
  51. Risen 3: Titan Lords
  52. Saints Row IV
  53. Sleeping Dogs
  54. Sound Shapes
  55. Spec Ops: The Line  
  56. The Wolf Among Us  
  57. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  58. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell  
  59. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  60. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
  61. Tomb Raider

COMPLETED GAMES

Spoiler

1.   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Unattainable Plat << 81% (Completed 2nd Jan)

GAMES PLAN FOR JANUARY 

Spoiler

1. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (46%)
  2. The Wolf Among Us  
  3. Back to the Future - Episode 2: Get Tannen
  4. Back to the Future - Episode 3: Citizen Brown
  5. Back to the Future - Episode 4: Double Visions
  6. Back to the Future - Episode 5: OUTATIME
  7. Jurassic Park: The Cavalry
  8. Jurassic Park: The Depths
  9. Jurassic Park: The Survivors
  10. Superfrog (38%)
  11. Heavy Rain (2%)
  12. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (48%)

What's up everyone! hope everyone had a great New Year and didn't get too drunk... :P

So I wanted my first update for the year just to be more of a plan for Jan re games wise so I know exactly what I want to work on. I completed All-Stars Battle Royale today - unattainable plat but oh well. This month I want to do more of the episodic stuff so I see my overall total number go down. I'm not expecting to maintain 10-15 games months especially when I get to Mass Effects and the Skyrim's and Fallouts.

Going to stop wasting all your time now. Have fun cleaning that Backlog! 

• Like 2

On 02/01/2021 at 3:21 AM, Matttrent101 said:

GAMES PLAN FOR JANUARY 

Hide contents

1. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (46%)
  2. The Wolf Among Us  
  3. Back to the Future - Episode 2: Get Tannen
  4. Back to the Future - Episode 3: Citizen Brown
  5. Back to the Future - Episode 4: Double Visions
  6. Back to the Future - Episode 5: OUTATIME
  7. Jurassic Park: The Cavalry
  8. Jurassic Park: The Depths
  9. Jurassic Park: The Survivors
  10. Superfrog (38%)
  11. Heavy Rain (2%)
  12. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (48%)

So I wanted my first update for the year just to be more of a plan for Jan re games wise so I know exactly what I want to work on.

I really need to get on mine and finish off the trophies I can, I like this planning.

The Back to the Future episodes have a tonne of missable trophies but if you follow a guide, you can knock them all out in a day easily. The same for Jurassic Park, but it's mostly the QTE's that are annoying for those.

Heavy Rain is one if those games that I'd say to just enjoy the story in your own way first and then go back and clean up. You will have to do several returns to certain checkpoints to get all 16 endings.

Just as a side note, some easier options which I found on your list, depending on whether you have them:

• Dante's Inferno - Can be finished in about 8 hours and then you just need to do half a playthrough to get all the upgrades.
  • CSI - Easily doable in about 6 hours with all trophies.
  • Journey - The hardest trophy is getting someone to stay with you until the end. The rest can be done in an hour. If you need help for this, I can try and help :)
  • Bioshock - Everyone seems to have started this but not everyone see's it out. It's not too hard on the hardest difficulty, and will be a ride when you get into it. About 12 hours to finish a playthrough.

I also see Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I highly recommend anyone this game. The combat challenges are no joke, but Powerpyx has some great vids to make the Predator challenges much simpler.

I might add some games here myself, I think I have over 100...

• Like 2