The "Oh god the PS5 is coming out soon and I have so many PS3 games left" Event [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN]

September update:

No PS3 Games played :(

I have been working on my completion rate this year and  i am so close to the highest completion i ever had that i want to finish those PS4 games first.

Anyway since there is only one month left i hope i can get one more PS3 game completed in the coming weeks. I already looked at the spreadsheet and my original post and i had to embarrassingly conclude that i only completed 4 of the 24 games i listed there, but i did complete 2 PS3 games that were not on that list.

The news of the PS3 stores closing down made me panic buy a lot of physical PS3 games but i didn't play most of them yet.

So if (and when) this event begins anew i absolutely want to focus on PS3 multiplayer and coop games that are still possible to 100%

Good luck into the final month everyone!

The penultimate update... it's unfortunate that this one is so sad. Been a lot more busy with less time for games as of late.

1L127b96.png

SAW - The Videogame

You know, this was a lot better than it had any right to be. I've actually watched every single SAW movie after a marathon I did a few years ago, and this one captured the spirit pretty well! Sure, it had random cameos by characters from the movies, a plot that didn't really tie in together at all, and is completely non-canon by everything presented in the movies, but it had HEART! And that's what matters. Some effort was put in here, which is more than can be said about pretty much every movie tie-in game out there. 6/10, better than expected for sure.

Aaaand that's it. Yeah, only one this month, and it's actually the only platinum I got too. I'll do my best to finish strong with October though, get at least two or three real solid plats in there to make a good ending. Still proud of what I got though!

On a more personal note, I hope you've been doing well. It's been a long year! Can you believe we only have one month left before the end of this whole mess? Think of everything that's happened! The PS3 store almost got shut down, even more online games have been closed, the PS5 actually got released, games have even started to come out for it now... it's pretty wild! Reflect on that with spooky month coming up; hopefully we can all finish strong. Good luck everyone! We're nearly there. Also, the badges are being worked on! They're not quite ready but we got some drafts and they are looking good.

COMPLETED GAMES

1. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  2. Prison Break
  3. Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories
  4. Mindjack
  5. X-Blades
  6. Snipers: Invisible, Silent, Deadly
  7. The Saboteur
  8. Killer is Dead
  9. NCIS - The Game
  10. Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut
  11. Linger in Shadows
  12. Bentley's Hackpack
  13. .detuned
  14. Stacking
  15. Batman: Arkham Origins
  16. Heavy Fire Afghanistan
  17. Assassin's Creed III
  18. God of War: Ascension
  19. Sniper Ghost Warrior
  20. rain
  21. inFamous
  22. inFamous 2
  23. inFamous: Festival of Blood
  24. The Darkness II
  25. Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate
  26. Dead Rising 2
  27. SAW - The Video Game

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, Super_Mep said:

Starting point:

Reveal hidden contents

Army of Two 40th Day (10%)

Assassin's Creed 3 (3%)

Assassin's Creed Revelations (43%)

Batman Arkham Asylum (10%)

Batman Arkham City (35%)

Battlefield Bad Company (15%)

Beyond Two Souls (31%)

Blood Knights (35%)

Borderlands 2 (1%)

Brain Challenge (4%)

Brothers Tale of Two Sons (9%)

Deadpool (21%)

Dues Ex Human Revolution (18%)

Diablo 3 RoS (64%)

Dungeon Siege 3 (34%)

Enemy Front (2%)

Family Feud (47%)

Game of Thrones (1%)

God of War (77%)

God of War 2 (21%)

Gran Turismo 5 (4%)

Grand Theft Auto 5 (9%)

Harry potter and half blood prince (18%)

Heavy Rain (58%)

Jeopardy (34%)

Katamari Forever (16%)

Little Big Planet (21%)

Max Payne 3 (7%)

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (7%)

Payday 2 (34%)

Portal 2 (57%)

Quantum Conundrum (22%)

Red Dead Redemption (11%)

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (5%)

The Lord of the Rings Conquest (25%)

The Price is Right (61%)

The Simpsons Arcade (19%)

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD (7%)

Uncharted 2 (22%)

Uncharted 3 (20%)

Wheel of Fortune (24%)

Who wants to be a millionaire (50%)

@SpaceCoresDad

I just checked the spreadsheet and you had me listed as not reporting so I'm going to post my progress here. I posted here and there with small updates but in hindsight I saw others had quoted their original post. My bad!

As of September 29th 2021 here's what I've done:

Completed:

Brothers Tale of Two Sons (9% to 100%)

Harry Potter and half blood prince (18% to 100%/Plat)

Jeopardy (34% to 100%/Plat)

Price is Right (61% to 100%)

Progress:

Blood Knights (35% to 45%)

Brain Challenge (4% to 19%)

Family Feud (47% to 68%)

Katamari Forever (16% to 91%)

Jackbox party pack 2 (5% to 90%)

Simpsons arcade (19% to 61%)

Tony Hawk HD (7% to 20%)

Wheel of Fortune (24% to 91%)

Who wants to be a Millionaire (50% to 70%)

I'm hoping to finish at least Wheel, Simpsons and Jack box before this event ends but we'll see haha.

Edited by Super_Mep
Typo

Almost 2 months went by until i completed another ps3 game but i'm happy to say that Escape Dead Island is marked done now :) nice zombie action game i played for the Halloween event and i wrote a short commentary there but in even shorter i liked the game for most times, hack & slash on zombies is always fun, the story was good with a few twists and turns plus a short but good story added dlc for free makes up a nice trip on this tropical island :)

Oh and i did complete Yu-Gi-Oh Millennium Duels a few days ago :) it's already a month ago, oh my times fly by...

Already in trophy list:

Mirror's Edge 36/51 (67%)

Wet 27/41 (60%)

Dragon's Dogma 13/51 (18%)

Bioshock Infinite 49/81 (55%)

Dead Space 2 4/51 (5%)

Not in trophy list

Puppeeter

Last Rebellion

Game of Thrones (RPG)

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Final Fantasy X-2

Yakuza 4

Venetica

Completed

Red Dead Redemption 100% :platinum: 12th Nov 2020

Trine :platinum: 10th Feb 2021

Lego Indiana Jones 2 :platinum: 07th Apr 2021

Cars 2 :platinum: 9th Apr 2021

Quantum Theory :platinum: 22nd May 2021

Call of Juarez Gunslinger ? 15th Jun 2021

Yu-Gi-Oh Millenium Duels ? 28th Aug 2021

Escape Dead Island :platinum:+ ? 30th Sept 2021

• Like 1

September update! And this month I did... Nothing. I got my PS5 at the beginning of this month, so I basically shelved my PS3. That, along with real world stuff, means I haven't had a lot of time to play games, let alone PS3 games specifically. Now, coming to the final month I have to make a decision on what I actually want to finish up this challenge with. Looking at my games, I don't really have any short completions other than R&C and Katamari and that creates the problem that I don't know what I want to sink a ton of hours into. 

Honestly, I think I would cut out the ME trilogy as I kinda want to play the remasters if I do (I didn't buy the original trilogy, I'm borrowing it currently) and cut out RDR as the multiplayer would make that more trouble than it's worth at this point in the challenge. DA: Origins is only on this list because I have it in my possession, not necessarily because I want to play it. I just don't want to play COD so that's gone, and that leaves Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Dark Souls 1 and 2, Katamari, and R&C. Also the AC: Brotherhood MP trophies but that means getting a boosting party and that's annoying.

I could probably knock out R&C and Katamari in a weekend a piece, but that still leaves having to do one really big game. I'm leaning towards Skyrim since I've never played it and always wanted to, but I'm worried I wont plat it within the month since it's so long. If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate it, but if not, I'm probably going to attempt Skyrim and see how far I get. Otherwise, I hope I can finish this challenge out strong.

All games marked in red are those I have decided not to try to finish within this challenge. The ones in blue are the ones where I must choose one as two would be too much.

Completed

100% Assassins Creed II

100% Jak II

100% Jak 3

100% inFamous

100% Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

100% Sly 2: Band of Thieves

100% Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

100% Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

100% inFamous: Festival of Blood

100% inFamous 2

100% God of War

100% God of War II

100% Ratchet & Clank

100% Ratchet & Clank 2: Goin Commando

100% Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

100% Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

73% Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Platted)

50% Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Everything except the MP trophies)

100% Sonic Generations

In Progress

69% Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (Just the multiplayer trophies left)

25% Call of Duty: Black Ops

27% Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

29% Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Not Started

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Red Dead Redemption

Skyrim

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II

Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

Dragon's Age: Origins

Katamari Forever

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

Edited by HungarianBarbarian
  • Like 1

September was the month of PS3 for me. I started and finished Dragon Age 2 and I've made a pretty good dent in Dragon Age: Inquisition. I enjoyed DA2 more than I've enjoyed DA: I so far, but they have both been pretty good. The series doesn't quite have the magic the that Mass Effect series had, but it's definitely a good story in its own right. I'm not a fan of a lot of the changes they made to the battle system between 2 and DA: I which is what makes this game less fun so far. I'm probably going to mostly stick to my PS3 games until this event has ended. Hoping to get a few more completed in that time. So far though, I'm pretty happy with my overall progress. If I can finish DA: I (and I have no reason to think I shouldn't) that'll be two huge PS3 series I've completed for the event. I'm leaning towards MGS4 after DA: I, but we'll see if I feel like something a bit shorter first.

Mass Effect (100% complete)

Mass Effect 2 (100% complete)

Mass Effect 3 (100% complete)

Battle Vs Chess (100% complete)

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate  (100% complete)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (JP) (100% complete)

The Bridge (100% complete)

Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death (100%)

Dragon Age: Origins (100%)

Dragon Age II (100%)

Dragon Age: Inquisition (32%)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

The Wolf Among Us

Zone of the Enders

Steredenn: Classic

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Bound By Flame

Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

Sparkle 2

Master Reboot

Another World

Amplitude

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Divekick

2 hours ago, Briste said:

Sparkle 2

Just saw this on your list, you might want to be aware of this:

According to that topic, the dev has confirmed there is an unobtainable trophy for the US version only and it won't ever be patched due to the costs (and the fact that at this point it's unlikely Sony would even accept a new patch).  Since you're in the US and have a completion high enough to clearly care about it, might want to consider avoiding that stack like I am.  PS4 and Vita versions are fine though.

• Like 2

On 13/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Eraezr said:

Update Two.

Unfinished.

Done with game - will not pursue platinum.

In-Progress.

Completed.

1. Assassins Creed II
  2. Tomb Raider: Underworld
  3. Catherine
  4. YAIBA Ninja Gaiden Z
  5. Mirrors Edge
  6. The Sly Collection (x3)
  7. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  8. Bleach: Soul Resurruccion
  9. The Saboteur
  10. Tales of Xillia
  11. Tales of Xillia 2
  12. Ratchet & Clank: Nexus
  13. Nier
  14. Red Dead Redemption :platinum:
  15. Gran Turismo 6
  16. Kingdom Hearts
  17. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
  18. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  19. Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns
  20. Yakuza 4
  21. inFAMOUS
  22. inFAMOUS 2
  23. The Puppeteer
  24. Ico HD
  25. Zone of Enders HD Collection (x2) :platinum:
  26. Bayonetta
  27. Okami HD
  28. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  29. Batman: Arkham City
  30. Beyond: Two Souls
  31. Alice: The Madness Returns :platinum:
  32. Steins; Gate :platinum:

Finished: 6/32

We really are almost done, aren't we? My PS3 backlog started huge, and will end huge, but at least I'll have managed to take a chip off of it. September's update:

Ratchet & Clank [15%] -> [100%][Plat]

Jurassic Park: The Intruder (Unstarted) -> [100%]

Jurassic Park: The Cavalry (Unstarted) -> [100%]

Jurassic Park: The Depths (Unstarted) -> [100%]

Jurassic Park: The Survivors (Unstarted) -> [100%]

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]

Making my total progress for the event:

Spoiler

Alice: Madness Returns (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Anna: Extended Edition (Unstarted) -> [100%]
BioShock 2 [71%] -> [100%][Plat]
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Doom Classic Complete (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires [95%] -> [100%][Plat]
Dynasty Warriors 8 (Unstarted) -> [54%]
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Hyperdimension Neptunia [48%] -> [61%]
Jurassic Park: The Intruder (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Jurassic Park: The Cavalry (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Jurassic Park: The Depths (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Jurassic Park: The Survivors (Unstarted) -> [100%]
LittleBigPlanet 3 (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Mass Effect 3 [80%] -> [100%][Plat]
Max Payne 3 (Unstarted) -> [69%]
MySims SkyHeroes [20%] -> [29%]
Ratchet & Clank (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Retro City Rampage [28%] -> [100%]
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Episode 1: Ice Station Santa (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space Episode 2 - Moai Better Blues (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Episode 3: Night of the Raving Dead (Unstarted) ->[100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Episode 4: Chariots of the Dogs (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Episode 5: What's New, Beelzebub? (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Vessel (Unstarted) -> [100%]
X-Men: Destiny (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]

This was a pretty good month for me, even though I spent a lot of it on the PS4 and Vita. I've definitely come around on my opinion of Ratchet & Clank. Getting the gadget that lets you buy ammo anywhere you want take some of the sting out of dying and being sent back. The amount of bolts it takes to buy all the golden weapons is kinda loony, though. 

The Jurassic Park Telltale games are not magnificent. I guess QTE games were still in vogue 10 years ago, but the amount of freezing and lurching as the game changes from one camera to another makes entering the correct buttons in the allowed window difficult sometimes. Also the game managed to make me hate every character by the end of the third episode. Except for you, Mr. DNA. You're awesome.

And finally, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell. As an older game with online trophies I had to jump at the chance to get them when the opportunity presented itself. After getting them taken care of I was perfectly willing to write the game off as low effort trash, but as time went on the game grew on me. Don't get me wrong, the game was clearly backported from the PS4 version, and the visuals suffer significantly for it. The storyline consists of two sets of cutscenes and two missions. And the unique selling point of the series, the massive character customization, is removed entirely. Actually now that I'm writing this out maybe I didn't like the game after all. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell does to open world sandbox games what Final Fantasy XIII did to JRPGs: boil it down into its barest essence, then pad it out with challenges and minigames.

See you next month for the thrilling conclusion!

August 2021 Update

Previous Update:

Last Update as of 09/01/2021

Total Games of List: 56

New: 0

Eliminated: 3

Completed: 27

Completed 2 more this month. Delayed the post to sneak Sonic Generations past the finish line. I always start Sonic games thinking back to Sonic the Hedgehog and then a couple hours in to find the speed mixing with platforming just does not quite stick the landing. It is then followed by multiple level replays and a final boss battle without taking damage.  Might fall for that one again in a year or two and start up Sonic Mania....

I also finished Deux Ex: Human Revolution. Had a great time with that one. Was a bit challenging to stack the no kills and the stealth playthru on the first go round, but the generous save slot count really helped. Immediately started playing the sequel, which took up a bulk of the month.

With 1 month to go and also taking part in the 13 Plats of Halloween, I am not sure how much more progress I will make here. I guess we shall see....

New Update as of 10/02/2021

Total Games of List: 57

New: 1

Eliminated: 3

Completed: 29

PSNOW List (10): Completed 5

Spoiler

Disney's Brave -> Completed
Eat Lead
G-Force
Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear -> Completed
Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - > Completed
Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Nitro Blasterz: Heroine Infinite Duel
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time -> Completed
Sly Cooper and Thieves in Time -> Completed

Owned (28): Completed 19, Eliminated 2, New 1

Spoiler

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom -> Eliminated
Ben 10 Omniverse -> Completed

Dreamworks Super Star Kartz 
Generator Rex -> Completed
Goat Simulator -> Completed
Hannah Montana: The Movie -> Completed

Killer is Dead -> Completed 
LEGO Lord of the Rings -> Completed

Lollipop Chainsaw -> Completed
Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest -> Eliminated

Madagascar Kartz 
Madden NFL 11
Megamind -> Completed
Monster Jam Battlegrounds -> Completed
Murdered Soul Suspect -> Completed

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise -> Completed 
Ratchet: Deadlocked -> Completed
Remember Me -> Completed
Rio
Saw II -> Completed
Shadows of the Damned -> Completed 
Sonic's Ultimate Collection -> Completed

Sonic Generations -> Completed

Tekken Tag Tournament 
The Adventures of Tintin -> Completed

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct *NEW*

The Godfather II 
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania -> Completed

Hard Mode (19): Completed 5, Eliminated 1

Spoiler

Batman: Arkham Asylum -> Eliminated

Deus Ex: Human Revolution -> Completed
Dragon Age Origins
Family Guy
Hitman 2
Hitman: Contract
Infamous
Infamous 2
Infamous Festival of Blood
Jak and Daxter -> Completed
Jak 2 -> Completed
Jak 3 -> Completed

Jet Set Radio

Just Cause 2 
South Park: Stick of Truth -> Completed

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes
Thor
Toy Story 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

On 10/1/2021 at 2:37 AM, ladynadiad said:

According to that topic, the dev has confirmed there is an unobtainable trophy for the US version only and it won't ever be patched due to the costs (and the fact that at this point it's unlikely Sony would even accept a new patch).  Since you're in the US and have a completion high enough to clearly care about it, might want to consider avoiding that stack like I am.  PS4 and Vita versions are fine though.

Good looking out thanks! I actually thought some of these were multiplatform and not multiple stacks. I'm playing the Vita version of that now and wasn't going to actually play it on PS3. I'll need to check my list again. I had added the PS3 stack to my backlog using PSNP+ which was why it made this list.

I appreciate the help!

On 8/31/2021 at 9:40 AM, black__bunny said:

AUGUST:

• Yakuza 3: :platinum: - Finally got through all the mini games! I can see why this is a plat stopper and tbh I wasn't quite sure I would be able to beat some of them which are particularly frustrating (baseball, pool & karaoke). I found the dice & card gambling games quite fun so it wasn't a complete grind fest. I'm quite proud of this plat - its ultra rare and my first Yakuza game. I look forward to playing through the series.
  • Max Payne 3: 40%>51% - I've hit lvl 40 and I can't bare playing ch 4 pt 1 anymore. Its killing me. I'm trying to mix it up by also playing online matches but 16 Sep is creeping up fast. I've also been mixing it up by playing the main game and challenge mode. After the servers shut for this, this is definitely going back on the shelf for a break.  
  • Sacred 3: 68%>69% - Found an online match I could join to knock out the 4x fm players trophy
  • NFS: MW: 29%>30% - Finished the main mp trophies and now just the dlc mp to grind through. Hope this isnt shutdown at the end of the month.

Half of next month will just be dedicated to Max Payne 3. After that, who knows. I might be so burnt out from that grind I will barely touch a game for the rest of the month. By that point some of my state's lockdown restrictions will be eased so the temptation to go out an be social will probably take over after weeks of being stuck at home.

SEPTEMBER:

• Max Payne 3: 51% > 63% - Finished the mp trophies before the server closure. Grinding out that chapter was painful to say the least. This is going back on the shelf for a bit as I need a break from this game. 
  • CoD World at War: 73% > 76% - Got the plat for this a while ago and did a couple of dlc. Would like to try and 100% this. 
  • CoD Black Ops: 33% > 35% - This has been in my backlog for ages. Going to try and see of I can knock the zombie trophies out to plat this and maybe do some dlc. 
  • GTA V: 7% > 11% - May as well try and see how many trophies I can earn before the servers close as I had started it already. 

I'm a little burnt out after September mainly due to Max Payne 3 which I managed to get all the mp trophies for, but it will go back to the shelf for a bit. Started doing some of GTA V. I started this ages ago but left it thinking R* wouldn't be killing the servers until their next game as GTA IV is still up. My bad. Not sure how much I'll commit to this as I'm a bit burnt out by MP3. Aiming to try and finish the zombie trophies for black ops this month and if I can knock those out quick enough I might make one more plat before end of the comp 

Edited by black__bunny

On 1/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, blazkowicz6 said:

I will use this post as my main one from now on.

Completed games in the event:

1.  Iron Man 2   :platinum: - 100% 

2.  Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes   :platinum: - 100%

3.  Demon's Souls (NA)   :platinum: - 100%

4.  Alice Madness Returns   :platinum: - 100% 

5.  Alpha Protocol   :platinum: - 100%

6.  Hotline Miami   :platinum: - 100%

7.  Yakuza 3   :platinum: - 100%

8.  Get Fit With Mel B   :platinum: - 100%

9.  Battlefield Bad Company   :platinum: - 100%

10.Eat Lead   :platinum: - 100%

11.Crysis 3   :platinum: - 100%

12.Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires   :platinum: - 100%

13.Far Cry 2   :platinum: - 100%

14.CSI: Fatal Conspiracy   :platinum: - 100%

15.Call of Juarez: The Cartel   :platinum: - 100% 

Two more completed games: 

#14-CSI

Ok game with easy trophies.

#15 Call of Juarez:The Cartel

Average graphics and gameplay,boring story and annoying car chases. But the worst problem was lag in single player which is not that common. The game would just stutter for a moment after some of the kills.Also multiplayer connection was terrible,we had to replay some missions because connection broke right at the mission end. Someone getting stuck inside the was is a normal thing in this game.  For that reasons I would advise to skip that game if you have it in your backlog and play something else.

Started but incomplete (8):

Zuma - 90%

God of War - 82%

Kingdom Hearts - 52%

Kingdom Hearts II - 55%

Ateiler Rorona - 14%

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny - 11% ---> 14%

Resonance of Fate - 10%

Flower 0% ---> 57%

Completed (2):

Tales of Symphonia

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes

Not yet started (9):

Hide contents

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Totori

Ateiler Meruru

Drakengard 3

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Mugen Souls

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Had hoped to make some progress in Flower last month but got bogged down in a PS4 game that was being a nightmare.  Did get back to Flower and got another trophy at least.  Am hoping to wrap that one up soon and move on to Resonance of Fate.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 8:28 PM, Shikotei-kun said:

Link to original post

Update for October 4th

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Progress is solid, reaching level 27 as a Fragtrap, seeing Jack infuriated by the events on Helios (thanks to a tech-savvy bar owner), and completing almost every region-bound challenge.

As difficult as Challenger is, I've hooked up a second controller to get the multiplayer challenges done. AFAIK all I need now are some yet-unseen enemies to get in my crosshairs and I'm golden.

I do still need to start the 4-player missions for Sublevel-13 which I want to do back-to-back to prevent any glitches.

Discovered the fun of being a Fragtrap with a freezing buttslam, combined with an SMG that has an effective chance of 43% to freeze enemies. During the mission "Trouble with Space Hurps" there's a moment where the enemies respawn indefinitely. I used that moment to freeze and destroy three enemies at once. Those were chaotic 15 minutes I can tell you that!

Shortlist:

- Borderlands The Pre-Sequel (10% -> 32%)

Main post still not updated because it's unknown whether or not this game counts towards my PS3-backlog. I did add that this game's moved to PS4.

Link to original post

Update for October 11th

[Apologies for double posting, once again]

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Finished the story, started and completed the Claptastic DLC story and most of its side missions. "Challenger" popped at the same time as defeating the Vault boss (yay!).

Claptrap's action skill related trophy also popped after having a little scare: I had seen all the varieties, but it didn't pop. Not until after using the action skill once more (any variation). The Pirate Ship mode is awesome, made perfect sense with the "1812 Overture" music playing.

The Mutator battledome's nine variations (both Mode and Modifier) were all done in succession with only a failure or two (thrown of the edge). I did enjoy the rocket round (lowered rocket launcher damage, but fast regenerating ammo). The Holodome's rounds aren't that fun though. The arena is huge, the enemies spread thin and they take ages to complete. I've done the first 4 rounds, leaving round 5 and the Badass round. Being overleveled (me begin 42 vs enemies being around 31) should help do these last rounds without that much trouble.

Shortlist:

- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: 32% -> 70%

Main post is updated. At least with the progress percentages. It's still marked as a PS4 game, but as I will not stack this game on the PS3 (and purchase the DLC) it'll disappear from my backlog either way.

Update:

1Lee9c1d.png

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

You piss your pants, you piss your pants, everybody pisses their pants! Seriously, what's up with that in every MGS game?! xD

Anyway, it's an amazing game, though I didn't like it as much as other entries I've played, but only by a smidge.

In my blind run I was struggling with stealth at first but by the end I got better at it.

Stealth works a little different in this game and I guess I've been spoiled by the soliton radar in the other games.

Second run was a no-kill/collectible run. Somehow I ended up with one kill.

I suspected it happened during the bike chase part at the end (it did but I don't know when, maybe shooting the bikers with tranq gun or sniping at collectible kerotans).

It's a good thing I made lots of saves during my run. For anyone playing this in the future make sure to have a backup save at the bike chase and don't shoot anything not even with tranq gun if going for no kill (except where required for progression at the base).

There are still 2 more weeks left of this event. I thought about squeezing in a short game but which one, then I decided on Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom.

I'm going to give this one final push and see if I can complete it in time.

List:

Reveal hidden contents

Disc:

• Blood Drive (15%)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Dragon Age: Origins (100%)
  • Dragon Age II (100%)
  • Dynasty Warrior 6: Empires
  • Dynasty Warrior 7: Extreme Legends (100%)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Falling Skies: The Game
  • Farming Simulator (100%)
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear (100%)
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • LEGO Dimensions
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (100%)
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (NTS)
  • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  • Mafia II
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne (NTS)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 (100%)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 (100%)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (17%)
  • Need For Speed: Shift (100%)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (NTS)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
  • Resident Evil 6 (58%)
  • Resistance 3
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Silent Hill Downpour
  • Skylanders Swap Force (100%)
  • Skylanders Trap Team (100%)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • The Saboteur
  • Yakuza Dead Souls

Digital:

• Darksiders (100%)
  • Darksiders 2 (UP)
  • Dead Space: Extraction
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn
  • Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (84%)
  • Minecraft (OT)
  • Monster Jam: Battlegrounds (100%)
  • Rainbow Moon
  • Ratchet: Deadlocked
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (NTS)
  • Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
  • Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (NTS)
  • The House of Dead 3
  • Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (NTS)
  • Zombie Driver HD (100%)

PS+:

• Mugen Souls Z
  • Port Royale 3
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords
  • Steins;Gate (100%)
  • Yakuza 5
  • Zone of The Enders 2

NTS: No Trophy Support

UP: Unobtainable Plat

OT: Online Trophy

In Progress

Finished

Finished: 17/59 + 0/6 (no trophies)

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1

Another difficult game crossed off the list, Dustforce!!

13L1ab283.png

I’ll leave a link to my thoughts on the game here if anyone would like to read, it’s really remarkable but a very steep challenge! I’d highly recommend it if you’re into platformers.

I’ll start another of my two remaining PS3 games before the event ends but I’ll definitely not be able to finish either of them sadly! Hopefully before the end of the year! Three out five? Not bad considering they kicked my ass ? 

I guess there’ll be no more updates from me @SpaceCoresDad so thank you for creating the event! Good luck everyone, and have fun cleaning up these older games!

Cloudberry Kingdom 2705.png

Sonic The Hedgehog 2705.png

Dustforce 
Spec Ops: The Line - 0%

Gran Turismo 6 - 0%

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 7:41 PM, MandA60VISE said:

Stuff

Oh Lord I completely forgot about this. It's been so long since I've posted on this and I feel like I've barely touched my PS3 stuff in nearly the past year. Update:

Finished:

-Last Rebellion

-Tales of Graces f

-Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos

-The Fancy Pants Adventures

-Wizardy: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

-Sonic Generations

-Lollipop Chainsaw

Bought

-I have no damn clue

I'll probably get finished with Zone of the Enders 2 by  November 1st but it's unlikely I'll get done with another PS3 game by then.

So I've only completed 10 PS3 (11 with ZotE2) games since the start date.

Link to original post

Update for October 18th

Still working on this, though all that's left is the grind (or story speedrun) to level 50.

The Holodome's last two rounds took ages, once again. The Badass round lasted a little over 30 minutes!

After that I took the time to power level an alt, so that alt could power level my other characters (I can't use my Fragtrap to level Athena/Wilhelm/Nisha). Once they were a decent level (somewhere between 10 and 15) it was a simple task of getting the kills with Athena and Wilhelm, and set up the 10-kill-combo with Nisha.

Wrapping up the Normal playthrough was simple enough: outrun the wheel, loot a few more moonchests (reload from cloud to restore the 'wasted' moonstones), kill the raid-boss, grab the Badass sword, start True Vault-Hunter Mode.

Honestly I don't really understand why folks say this is the worst Borderlands game.. trophy rarity is ridiculous.

Shortlist:

- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: 70% -> 97%

I beat Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday and finished up that series. It was not as strong as Mass Effect but still very good. I'm really glad that I went back to play these two series. In light of the warning from @ladynadiad, I have removed a couple of games from my list that I would play on Vita if I were to play them at all. Sparkle 2 and Divekick have been removed. I also added Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition I did not realize that the Zone of the Enders that we got with PS+ a few years ago included both games. I started ZotE last week and made the discovery so I'll finish both of those games as well.

Mass Effect (100% complete)

Mass Effect 2 (100% complete)

Mass Effect 3 (100% complete)

Battle Vs Chess (100% complete)

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate  (100% complete)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (JP) (100% complete)

The Bridge (100% complete)

Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death (100%)

Dragon Age: Origins (100%)

Dragon Age II (100%)

Dragon Age: Inquisition (100%)

Zone of the Enders HD Edition (13%)

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

The Wolf Among Us

Steredenn: Classic

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Bound By Flame

Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

Master Reboot

Another World

Amplitude

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, Rinoa_VIII said:

August Update
As anticipated, my August had no real update, except that I was re-playing RE5 with a buddy lol.

September Update

Sorry friends, no real update and it's late to boot ??. 

Edited by Rinoa_VIII

Started but incomplete (8):

Zuma - 90%

God of War - 82%

Kingdom Hearts - 52%

Kingdom Hearts II - 55%

Ateiler Rorona - 14%

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny - 11% ---> 14%

Resonance of Fate - 10%

Flower 0% ---> 85%

Completed (2):

Tales of Symphonia

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes

Not yet started (9):

Hide contents

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Totori

Ateiler Meruru

Drakengard 3

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Mugen Souls

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

So I just am really feeling very unmotivated for playing on PS3.  Got one more trophy in Flower at least and have it at a decent enough point with only two annoying trophies left.  Meant to try and knock out some Resonance of Fate and pretty much have not been motivated to play it.  What makes it so hard is that when I play games on my TV it makes me sleepy for some strange reason.  I've been playing PS4 games via remote play on my Vita to evade that issue, but PS3 doesn't have that as readily available.  Maybe I'll get something knocked out but really am doubting it.  Still at least I did knock out two very long games in the past year and made some progress in two others even if it was small.  Tales of Symphonia and Sengoku Basara are pretty worthy plats to have on my profile now.

• Like 2

Link to original post

Update for October 25th:

Going through the main storyline was the fastest method to level up my FragTrap named PiH013 all the way to 50. Enemies didn't pose much of a threat (especially when they're almost 15 levels below me).

Somewhere around recapturing Helios Space Station that level was reached.

I had some awesome weapons, some very fun FragTrap builds and (mostly) smashed through the quests. The raid boss was definitely easier than the one from Borderlands 2, so that was a relief. It's not a difficult game per se, just time consuming (Challenger). There's enough things to do to negate any grinding. Gear is often replaced by better stuff you get from quests or loot, so unless you hit the level cap that shouldn't be much of an issue.

I'd give it 4/10 on the effort scale, mostly because of Challenger.

Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed

Finally got some more progress in this game! Cleaned up the last of the 'easy' trophies, win a ring race with X, get a perfect drift score, and win a race on Expert. With 108/160 ghosts defeated (staff speedruns, 4 per track, 20 tracks, 2 versions) I also earned my Star License.

Unfortunately the rest requires skills beyond mine and I'm declaring the game 'done'. Maybe in a long long while I might come back to Sonic once more.

Until then I'm proud to have gotten as far as I did. 7/10: I could've sunk far more time in it and improve my skills little by little and maybe even get the :platinum: but that's for another time, for future me.

Split/Second

With Sonic 'nicely' wrapped up, I wanted to keep in the racing spirit and fired this game up again.

Only to put it down once more after getting my ass handed to me by the damned rubber-band AI. I miss too much information to even decide which car works better in which situation. Grip is almost non-existent if you're "too close" to a Power Move (explosion of sorts) and you just glide like a banana across the track.

The game also has far too many Action Moments (little events during the race that take away control, camera, and screws up drifts)..

It could just be me, but it's incredibly frustrating.

Most of the trophies don't require winning each race, so I could "just get it done" and earn about 6 :silver: and 4:bronze:, but the game is just no fun right now.

With the time it took to get all the online stuff done, winning the first 18 races (3 full episodes) and about 10 more spread across the other 4 episodes (there's 12 episodes with 6 races/events each), essentially giving up before the halfway mark I guess I didn't put that much effort in it. The slippery controls, lack of feedback (speedometer, track layout), rubberband AI (worse actually, the higher their position the faster they go)... it's one of the few games I didn't pick (wouldn't've gotten it if I had known about the AI thing) and I'm simply not enjoying it. 4/10 for trying. Probably requires a 7/10 (like Sonic) to actually get past the mechanics and use the 'best' car that's unlocked near the end.

Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate

Apart from a few (I think some 15-20) collectibles/upgrades I've gotten all secrets. I've just defeated the third boss and can start cleaning up the skipped/until-recently-unreachable secrets.

Combat is... weird. I got the 50-hit combo trophy and a savegame in the cloud at the exact (and only) spot to obtain the 100-hit combo. For now that's the only real platinum-defender.

Shortlist

- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (97% -> 100% :platinum:)

- Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed (57% -> 64%)

- Split/Second (50% -> 55%)

- Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate (0% -> 31%)

Edited by Shikotei-kun
Effort scales for Sonic and Split/Second

Final update :(

Games Completed: 7

Games Remaining: 162

New Games Purchased since last update: 0

Due to work getting super busy and me playing other games this PS3 update will be small. Finally got 100% 1st in the world on a game!!! Alan Wake on PS5 which was cool. 

No new games purchased and a few completions. AC2 and Dead Rising 2 were completed. Hoping to eat a chunk out of it soon.

Aliens vs Predator

AC2

AC Brotherhood

AC Revelations

AC3

AC4

AC Liberation HD

AC Rogue

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham City

Batman Arkham Origins

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

Battlefield BC2

Battlefield 3

Bayonetta

Call of Duty MW2

Call of Duty MW3

Call of Duty Black Ops

Catherine

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Dead Island Riptide

Deadpool

Dead Rising 2

Dead Rising 2 OTR

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

Demon Souls

Deus Ex HR

Doom 3 BFG

Family Guy

Far Cry 3

FF13

FF13-2

FF13 Lightning Returns

GTA 4

Harry Potter The Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and The Deathlly Hallows P1

Harry Potter and The Deathlly Hallows P2

Heavy Rain

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

Hitman Blood Money

Hitman Contracts

Infamous

Infamous 2

Just Cause 2

L.A. Noire

Lego Batman 2

Lego Batman 3

Lego Harry Potter 1-4

Lego Harry Potter 5-7

Lego Hobbit

Lego LOTR

Lego Indy 2

Lego Movie

Lego Marvel Avengers

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Lego Pirates

Lego Star Wars TFA

Lego Star Wars 3 TCW

Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor Frontline

MGS2

MGS3

MGS4

MGS5 GZ

MGS5 TPP

MGS Peace Walker

Minecraft

Minceaft Story Mode Season 1

Monsters vs Aliens

MXGP

Mirrors Edge

NFS Rivals

NFS Most Wanted

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

Prince of Persia 1

Prince of Persia 2

Prince of Persia 3

Rage

Ratchet and Clank 1

Ratchet and Clank 2

Ratchet and Clank 3

Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time

Ratchet and Clank All For One

Ratchet and Clank Q Force

Ratchet and Clank Nexus

Red Dead Redemption

Saints Row Third

Skyrim

Sniper Ghost Warrior

Splinter Cell 1

Splinter Cell 2

Splinter Cell 3

Split Second

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphoni Dawn of the New World

Tales of Xillia 

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

Thief

Tomb Raider Underworld

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Tomb Raider 

Toy Story 3

Saw 2 

Sega Megadrive Ult Collection

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing

Uncharted

Wet

Wolfenstein The New Order

Yakuza 3

Yakuza 4

Yakuza 5

Yakuza Dead Souls

Japanese Games

Yakuza Ishin

Yakuza 0

Yakuza 1 HD

Yakuza 2 HD

Yakuza 3

Yakuza 4

Yakuza 5

Yakuza Kiwami

Yakuza Dead Souls

Bayonetta

Legend of Heroes Cold Steel 1

Legend of Heroes Cold Steel 2

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

One Piece Pirate Warriors 1

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2

Shining Resonance

Way of The Samurai 3

Zone of the Enders HD

No More Heroes

Lollipop Chainsaw

Atelier Ayesha Alchemist of Dusk

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Guilty Gear X

Dragon Ball Raging Blast

12 Other Japanese games that I need to sort though.

• Like 2