The "Oh god the PS5 is coming out soon and I have so many PS3 games left" Event [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN]

So here we are, the final update. And let me tell you, this month went in no way how I predicted it would go. Imma break it down so buckle up, this is going to be a long one.

Racthet & Clank: Into the Nexus

I started with this game knowing it would be a fairly easy completion and that I would probably enjoy it as well. I had only ever played the original 3 R&C games and didn't bother playing the first two games of the R&C Future series before this one, but that didn't really affect my enjoyment of the game overall. I found the story a bit weak even after reading the plot summary of the previous two games and I think the main reason it was so weak was because it was so short. If I wasn't going to plat the game, you could legitimately finish the game in under 5 hours, which is really short, even for R&C games. All in all, good game, easy plat and done in a weekend.

Bentley's Hackpack

I have probably said this before, but the Sly Cooper series might just be my favorite video game series of all time. And because it is one of my favorite series, I wanted to complete all the games available (minus platform stacking on the vita). So when I remembered that Bentley's Hackpack was a thing, I had to go and buy it and complete it. I never found the hacking minigames that fun in the main games, but I was willing to play through this for those sweet trophies. Overall, it went pretty smoothly, if not a bit monotonous. That is, except for one level on the alter ego minigame. I chose that minigame to be the one I get all the tokens in, and the final token on the 3rd to last level was utter bullshit. I probably spent an hour on just that token when I probably spent maybe 2 on all the other alter ego tokens combined. But other than that, not too bad but there was still one other Sly "game" I hadn't gotten trophies in.  

Sly Minigames

This trophy list is just some really simple minigames that came with the physical copy off the Sly Cooper Collection. But since it only came with the physical copy, and I only had a digital copy of the Collection I was a bit stuck. I Looked up how much physical copies are going for on Ebay and it's like $50. No way I was paying that much for a game collection I already owned just for the crappy minigames that came with it. But I was in luck, as PSNow offered the physical edition of the Sly Cooper Collection and I was willing to pay $10. The only thing of note with this was that I got the second fastest completion time on PSNP and probably could have gotten first if the controls on the helicopter minigame weren't so jank. But this allowed me to complete my goal of having completed all Sly Cooper games and I was more than happy.

Virtua Fighter 2 and Frogger Returns

So, this is where this month starts getting a little weird. Now that I have PSNow, I have to use it, right? Lets see if there's any easy PS3 completions that might be fun. Oh, Virtua Fighter 2 that's interesting, and it seems super easy, it'll take an hour tops, right? Wrong. This caused me far more stress than it had any right of doing because I didn't realize that the AI cheats and even getting to the 5th stage is really difficult, let alone beating it. I tried just learning the game a bit and that didn't work. I tried using a lot of grabs since they're apparently broken, that didn't work either. Finally, I found a reddit post that said the best way was to pick Jeff and use his L2 move where he just throws his ass at his opponent. That finally worked since the AI just didn't know how to deal with it, or it pushed them out of the ring before they could react. Now, this doesn't end there, because I still needed to play in sudden death match and the best way to do that was with multiplayer, something I didn't know was possible to do on PSNow. I learned that it had to be done through the desktop application, but now I couldn't get a second controller to connect. This is when I learned that the desktop application only works with Dualshock 4 controllers and nothing else and I was trying to use a Dualshock 4 and a Dualsense. Sony. Why? But after all of that, I was finally able to finish out Virtua Fighter.

I also played Frogger Returns because I saw it and thought it was funny that someone made a Frogger game in like 2009. It's really short, super basic, and I feel bad for anybody that actually paid money for this game in the past.

The Failures: Katamari Forever, Skyrim, and Batman: Arkham Asylum

You may notice that if you look at my profile right now, you wont see any of these games listed. And that is because I deleted the trophies before syncing for Katamari and Skyrim, and I have hidden the Batman trophies for the time being. I started with playing Katamari, never having played a Katamari game before and I honestly enjoyed it. What I didn't enjoy was the pressure of knowing what I had to do to get the platinum. Katamari is not a game you can binge for hours on end, it is meant to be played like an hour or so at a time, and the platinum requires you to play each of the 34 level somewhere from 5-7 times, maybe more. So knowing that, I just lost all motivation to complete this game. I liked it, but I didn't like it that much. Throw in some really difficult and annoying objects to collect and I just decided it wasn't worth it.

I have never played an Elder Scrolls game and I was going to make Skyrim my first. I didn't know what to expect, but I quickly learned that this game was way to deep to try and grind out in less than a month. Seeing that you get quest from talking to seemingly random people, having so many skills and magic that isn't really explained, and just the sheer size of everything just made me put this down. I know I would enjoy it, but I can't rush it like I would have to do for this challenge. On top of that, I don't know if I want to play it on PS3 due to the lag. It got kind of bad at times and that was just the beginning of the game. 

I wanted to complete one more new game before the challenge was over, and Arkham Asylum seemed like a good choice using PSNow. I had always heard good things and people seemed to really like the gameplay. I just couldn't get into it. For all the exploration that's needed, I just felt like I couldn't explore all that much. And what really did it in for me was the combat. I just didn't find it all that enjoyable as it seemed I spent most of my time just jumping over enemies heads avoiding getting hit so I could keep my combo up only to get a hit in here and there. And even then, enemies just have a ton of health and trying to perform a ground finisher on them would just result in me getting hit most of the time. I know I probably just needed to "git gud", but I just wasn't enjoying that process. Not to mention the fact that the hardest part of the game are the combat challenges and I just didn't see myself getting through those. I was struggling with the campaign battles, those challenges would have destroyed me. I might give it another chance in the future, but for now it becomes only the second game to be hidden on my profile along with Black Ops 2.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Going into this, I told myself that I was just going to do the multiplayer trophies and get the platinum. I already played the DLC when I played the PS4 version and I didn't need to spend $10 on the DLC just for trophies... Guess who bought the DLC. But it wasn't that bad really. I just needed to go back and finish some optional objectives in the main story and do the side missions. None of which were that bad since I had already done this all once before so I knew some tricks that would make thigs easier.

Now came the real challenge, and that was the multiplayer and oh boy has it been a challenge. As many of you know finding boosting partners can be difficult, but it is damn near impossible in this game. 6 people are required for exp boosting, and even if you are fortunate enough to get 6 people willing to spend hours just repeating the same motions in an 11 year old game with dead servers, the servers sometimes just say "no." I once had a group ready to go, and the servers just refused to let everybody into a lobby. We tried other people hosting, but then different people couldn't join. I tried putting my PS3 into a virtual DMZ just to make sure that it there wasn't anything blocking the connection and still no dice. This went on for 2 hours before we just called it, no boosting that night. It was just frustrating because I had plenty of time to get it done in the 2 weeks remaining, but things just never worked when they needed to. I'll eventually get this done, but for now it remains incomplete. 

Anything else this month

Using PSNow, I could have played some more BS easy PS3 games, but I ultimately decided against it. Things like Toy Story Mania, and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People were ones I looked at but realized I didn't really want on my profile.

Ok, maybe I do still want to play SBCG4AP but that's just because I grew up with Homestar Runner so there's some nostalgia there.

But really, I didn't feel like going really hard on garbage games was in the spirit of this challenge, so, when I couldn't find any PS3 games that peaked my interest and would be quick completions, I called it.

Conclusions

Out of all the games I played, I have to say I had the best time with the original R&C series. They're all incredibly fun to play while also having great writing and characters. I had never played the original PS2 games, so it was a completely new experience and I am now a huge fan. I'm really looking forward to R&C (2016) and R&C: Rift Apart.

Honorable mention to the Sly Cooper series, but since I had already played the games before on PS2 I didn't think it was right to give it the top spot.

As for the worst of the games, it's between Jak II and Sonic Generations, and really, Jak II is so much worse. Sonic Generations is really annoying to complete, but just playing the game is pretty fun. Jak II on the other hand just sucked ass the entire time. I remember being constantly annoyed by the controls, the combat, the map, the driving, and just everything other than the story which was actually pretty decent. When I compare it to R&C, and Jak II just does everything worse. The platforming is worse, and the gunplay isn't even in the same league. The lack of strafe or targeting is criminal in a third person shooter and it just made fights feel like I was relying on luck. Hell, one of the reasons Jak 3 is better is because the ricochet gun exists and will target enemies.  And don't get me started on the fact that the map is a maze and there is no mini map so I'm constantly having to pause and open the the map just to see where I'm going. Plus the vehicles are made of paper mache and there's tons of other vehicles driving around so blowing up is a constant worry. All this to say, I really didn't like Jak II and if the orb glitch didn't exist I probably wouldn't have completed it.

Dishonorable mention to the God of War challenges which made me want to throw my controller a couple times (still a great game though). As well as a dishonorable mention to Uncharted 1 for being pretty annoying and making me not want to play the remastered versions due to brutal difficulty. I wrote about this more in a Recent Platinum post, check my forum profile history if you're interested.

If you're still reading, I'm surprised for one, but thanks for humoring me. I only got into trophy hunting this year and this challenge has made it so much fun. I basically didn't play PlayStation games during college so this challenge gave me a great opportunity to play games that I always wanted to play. It gave me the motivation to keep pushing and completing games and I have had a blast doing so. I think I did a pretty great job at cleaning up my backlog, completing well over half of the games. I'll probably play a few more PS3 games in my backlog going forward, but it's time to focus on some newer games that I have been wanting to play.

Thank you to @SpaceCoresDad for hosting this awesome event I hope that everyone else had as good of a time with this as I did. 

Final Count

Completed: 24/39, 61.5%

Started, but Incomplete: 4/39

Never Started: 11/39

Green is completed this month.

Yellow is worked on this month, but incomplete.

Red is never started.

Completed

100% Assassins Creed II

100% Jak II

100% Jak 3

100% inFamous

100% Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

100% Sly 2: Band of Thieves

100% Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

100% Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

100% inFamous: Festival of Blood

100% inFamous 2

100% God of War

100% God of War II

100% Ratchet & Clank

100% Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando

100% Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

100% Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

73% Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Platted)

50% Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Everything except the MP trophies)

100% Sonic Generations

100% Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

100% Bentley's Hackpack

100% Sly Minigames

100% Virtua Fighter 2

100% Frogger Returns

Started, but Incomplete

93% Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (Just some multiplayer trophies left)

25% Call of Duty: Black Ops

27% Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

29% Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Never Started

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Red Dead Redemption

Skyrim

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II

Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

Dragon's Age: Origins

Katamari Forever

Edited by HungarianBarbarian
  • Like 4

Final Update 

It’s been a great year for PS3 backlog games. This event motivated me to revisit a handful of my favorite games ever. And even though I didn’t make as much overall progress as I initially wanted, I completed 11 games total and made progress in 3 others. I definitely plan to continue working on my PS3 backlog, and have a few games planned for upcoming milestones. Thanks for hosting @SpaceCoresDad ; it’s been fun! 

Spoiler

Completed Games

1. Fallout 3 
  2. Mass Effect 
  3. Mass Effect 2 
  4. Mass Effect 3 
  5. Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom 
  6. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 
  7. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes 
  8. The Walking Dead 
  9. Rain 
  10. Fallout: New Vegas 
  11. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon 

Games In Progress

1. Dragon Age: Origins 73% 
  2. Dragon Age II 20% 
  3. Sonic Generations 4%

Incomplete Games

1. All Zombies Must Die! 
  2. Deadpool 
  3. Grand Theft Auto IV 
  4. GRID 2 [1%]
  5. inFamous [24%]
  6. inFamous 2
  7. inFamous: Festival of Blood
  8. LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4
  9. LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7
  10. Little Big Planet [16%]
  11. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
  12. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  13. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  14. Port Royal 3 [3%]
  15. Portal 2
  16. Rage
  17. Red Dead Redemption [2%]
  18. Sacred 3 [2%]
  19. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [11%]
  20. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
  21. The Darkness II
  22. The Sims 3
  23. Wet

• Like 1

Oh wow, I didn't know this event existed. I wish I had known!

My PS3 broke in 2016, so my PS3 backlog has been sitting untouched for a couple of years, untill I bought one in december last year. I've finished 12 games from my PS3 backlog since, so this event would have been perfect for me!

I'm taking a small break now with some PS4 games, but I'm definitely going to try and reduce my backlog some more!

On 10/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, Rinoa_VIII said:

September Update

Sorry friends, no real update and it's late to boot 1f62c.png1f62c.png

October Update

My friend and I were able to finish off the main story and some online parts of RE5. I got 100% in the game some time ago, but it was nice playing the game again with a friend! 

13 minutes ago, Rinoa_VIII said:

October Update

My friend and I were able to finish off the main story and some online parts of RE5. I got 100% in the game some time ago, but it was nice playing the game again with a friend! 

November Update

I missed that November 1st was the last day!! I thought I had until the end of the month lol. Overall, I would say the process has been fun!! I probably averaged almost a completed game once a month or so, I did fall off towards the end of things (I think my June update was the last update that noted a completed game lol), but I also made it through games I really thought I had no chance of completing and made a couple of new game buddies along the way. @SpaceCoresDad I appreciate you setting this up because it encouraged me to play which was a nice and fun distraction for a good portion of the year ?❤️! 

Final Results

Unfinished Games: 

• Pure
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • Dead Nation
  • Sound Shapes
  • Diablo III
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Mirror's Edge 
  • Assassin's Creed II 
  • PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap 
  • Dead Space 
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (working through Spec Ops trophies)
  • CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I have a couple of other games that I don't have copies of anymore. If I decide to get them again, maybe I'll consider working on them, here they are below:

• Super Stardust HD 
  • flOw
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Tetris
  • WipEout HD

Not started games:

• Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • L.A. Noire
  • WWE Legends of WrestleMania
  • God of War 
  • God of War II
  • God of War III

Finished/Platinum Games:

• Pure (Nov. 2nd, 2020)
  • LittleBigPlanet (Dec. 11th, 2020)
  • Sound Shapes (Dec. 28th, 2020)
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Jan. 1st, 2021)
  • Assassin's Creed II (Feb. 12th, 2021)
  • CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (Mar. 15th, 2021)
  • Jetpack Joyride (May 24, 2021)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Jun. 4th, 2021)
  • Resident Evil 5 (Oct. 8, 2021) - I already have 100% in the game, but I played the campaign mode with my friend and worked through some online matches.
Edited by Rinoa_VIII
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 8:20 AM, SpaceCoresDad said:

With that out of the way, some news, specifically regarding BADGES! They're in the finishing touches now: the sketches have all been made and my artist friend should be making the final drafts of them soon. She's just a very busy person, but I promise you they all look fantastic and you'll love each and every one. Due to a lack of participation for the Effort badge, and almost no one even qualifying for any kind of Backlog Heap, I've decided to just limit them to the ParticipationReporter, and Completion badges. Apologies if you were looking forward to those, but it's pushing my art friend to her limits just to make these three already. I'll have an update out for you soon, and I'll update the spreadsheet along with it! Hard to believe that this is the last time I'll have to do that.

If it hasn't been said before, I'll say it now:

Thank you so much for hosting this event, even though I joined up almost at the halfway mark; it's been a good ride, seeing that ol' PS3 pump out the entertainment once more!

Is it possible to give an update regarding the badges? Even something short 'n simple like "she's still buried in work" will suffice!

8 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Is it possible to give an update regarding the badges? Even something short 'n simple like "she's still buried in work" will suffice!

I can! She is indeed still buried in work, haha. But I'm told they'll be finished soon! Then they can be customized and sent out to you all. So sorry for the wait!

• Like 2

Tenth Update:

Games Completed:

Spoiler

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Just Cause 2

Games I Started:

Spoiler

1. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

2. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

3. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

4. BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma

5. BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma EXTEND

6. BlazBlue: Central Fiction

7. Deception IV: Blood Ties

8. Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess

9. Guilty Gear XX A Core Plus

10. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

11. Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator

Games I Haven't Started:

Spoiler

1. Battle Princess of Arcadias

2. Castlevania Lord of Shadow

3. Castlevania Lord of Shadow 2

4. Chariot

5. Dark Souls

6. Dark Souls II

7. Demon Souls

8. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

9. Final Fantasy XIII

10. Final Fantasy XIII-2

11. Kingdom Hearts

12. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories

13: Kingdom Hearts II

14. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

15. Lost Dimension

16. Monster Jam: Battlegrounds

17. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

18. Prototype

19. Prototype 2

20. Sound Shapes

21. South Park: The Stick of Truth

22. Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

23. SteinsGate

24. Tales of Xillia

25. Tales of Xillia 2

26. Tales of Zestiria

27. XBlaze Code: Embryo

28. XBlaze Lost: Memories

29. Yakuza: Dead Souls

30. Another World - 20 Anniversary Edition

31. Capcom Arcade Cabinet

32. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD

33. Cloudberry Kingdom

34. Double Dragon Neon

35. Ibb & Obb

36. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

37. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

• 2 years later...
On 1/2/2022 at 9:28 AM, SpaceCoresDad said:

I can! She is indeed still buried in work, haha. But I'm told they'll be finished soon! Then they can be customized and sent out to you all. So sorry for the wait!

Hey @SpaceCoresDad I found this thread through my archives. Its been 2 years and I think many have forgotten but is there still a chance for those badges haha?

On 11/13/2020 at 7:34 PM, Eraezr said:

Update Three.

Unfinished.

Done with game - will not pursue platinum.

In-Progress.

Completed.

1. Assassins Creed II
  2. Tomb Raider: Underworld
  3. Catherine
  4. YAIBA Ninja Gaiden Z
  5. Mirrors Edge
  6. The Sly Collection (x3)
  7. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  8. Bleach: Soul Resurruccion
  9. The Saboteur
  10. Tales of Xillia
  11. Tales of Xillia 2
  12. Ratchet & Clank: Nexus
  13. Red Dead Redemption :platinum:
  14. Gran Turismo 6
  15. Kingdom Hearts
  16. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
  17. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  18. Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns
  19. Yakuza 4 :platinum:
  20. inFAMOUS
  21. inFAMOUS 2
  22. The Puppeteer
  23. Ico HD
  24. Zone of Enders HD Collection (x2) :platinum:
  25. Bayonetta
  26. Okami HD
  27. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 :platinum:
  28. Batman: Arkham City
  29. Beyond: Two Souls
  30. Alice: The Madness Returns :platinum:
  31. Steins; Gate :platinum:

Finished: 8/31

Edited by Eraezr

On 9/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, Steven-Spiegel said:

My final update, the only 100% obtanaible left is Catherine but I'll pass for the moment, now I'm focus on complete my A-Z platinum, 4 letters left!

I completed 23/29 PS3 games and 2 PSV/PS4 games during the event.

September update:

BioShock Infinite 37% -> 100%

Batman: Arkham City 60% -> 100%

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories 4% -> 100%

Completed games:

Alice: Madness Returns 51% -> 100%

Remember Me 5% -> 100%

Quantum Conundrum 6% -> 100%

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 1% -> 100%

Sleeping Dogs 2% -> 100%

Grand Theft Auto IV 60% -> 100%

Puppeteer 7% -> 100%

Just Cause 2 5% -> 100%

Bulletstorm 16% -> 100%

Dead Space 3 6% -> 100%

Dead Space 2 69 -> 100%

OlliOlli2 (PSV) 3% -> 100%

Call of Duty: Black Ops II 18% -> 100%

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record 2% -> 100%

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 73% -> 100%

VANQUISH 8% -> 100%

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE 19% -> 100%

Metro: Last Light 1% -> 100%

DmC Devil May Cry 6% -> 100%

Deus Ex: Human Revolution 2% -> 85% -> 100%

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 1% -> 100%

Broken Age (PSV) 7% -> 100%

Backlog:

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD 5%

Crysis 2 4%

Starhawk 3%

CATHERINE 2%

Mortal Kombat 1%

Darksiders II 1%

Wow, after 3 years, I finish all the possible trophies of the list (except the closed server ones) 

• Like 1

This was a fun event. Of the remaining games these are the ones I knocked out since:

Spoiler

Disc:

• Blood Drive (15%)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Dynasty Warrior 6: Empires
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Falling Skies: The Game
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • LEGO Dimensions
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (NTS)
  • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  • Mafia II
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne (NTS)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (17%)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (NTS)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
  • Resistance 3
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Silent Hill Downpour
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (22%)
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • The Saboteur
  • Yakuza Dead Souls

Digital:

• Darksiders 2 (UP)
  • Dead Space: Extraction
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • Minecraft (OT)
  • Rainbow Moon
  • Ratchet: Deadlocked
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (NTS)
  • Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
  • Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (NTS)
  • The House of Dead 3
  • Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (NTS)

PS+:

• Mugen Souls Z
  • Port Royale 3
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords
  • Yakuza 5
  • Zone of The Enders 2

NTS: No Trophy Support

UP: Unobtainable Plat

OT: Online Trophy

In Progress

Finished

In the past two years I completed less PS3 games than during this event. Still a lot to go. 

I don't think I'll ever play Minecraft or Darksiders 2 (have it on PS4 where 100% is still possible) from my list.

The games that were in progress back then I haven't revisited, the only other game that's in progress is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World which I'm currently playing.

*Sigh*

Will I ever be able to knock out this list? LOL

Edited by DizzyDavidson

6 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Hey @SpaceCoresDad I found this thread through my archives. Its been 2 years and I think many have forgotten but is there still a chance for those badges haha?

I completely forgot about this thread! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Said friend kind of abandoned the project, and having no artistic skills myself, I can't really make anything. So sorry!!!

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 7:04 AM, SpaceCoresDad said:

I completely forgot about this thread! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Said friend kind of abandoned the project, and having no artistic skills myself, I can't really make anything. So sorry!!!

Do you have some prototype material? I'm asking because I do have some skills in the artsy section. Picked up my digital brush shortly after the completion of the event.

If you're interested, check out my trophy checklist thread here.

On 3/24/2024 at 10:32 AM, Shikotei-kun said:

Do you have some prototype material? I'm asking because I do have some skills in the artsy section. Picked up my digital brush shortly after the completion of the event.

Given that this thread is going on three years old now, I think it might be too little too late. That said, with the PS5 Pro apparently in development, I might open up a part two to this event! I don't supposed you'd be interested in doing some art for that?

Can you still buy games digitally on the PS3? My dad bought me a used PS3 from an estate sale and I only have three physical games.

21 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

still got a couple of PS3 games to go, would certainly join a re-start of this event....

I could restart the event but the title would be "OMG My Dad bought me a PS3 from an estate sale and I have nothing to play on it!" :lol:

1 hour ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Can you still buy games digitally on the PS3? My dad bought me a used PS3 from an estate sale and I only have three physical games.

I could restart the event but the title would be "OMG My Dad bought me a PS3 from an estate sale and I have nothing to play on it!" :lol:

yes but you need to fill your wallet first, you cannot do that anymore on the PS3

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr

Glad I could get the thread some attention haha. Hopefully it is restarted.

On 3/24/2024 at 3:32 PM, Shikotei-kun said:

If the event does happen to restart, just my two pennies, you could make two badges from one. One badge can be made black and white (noir) for those that completed the event previously, then a coloured one for those that do the restart. Of course it's up to you if you take up this quest 😁

Wow flashbacks to 2020!

Part 2 of this event is definitely needed cause the ps3 collection has only grown bigger since Sony announced the ps3 store closure a few years back.

They didnt close the store but are stripping the ps3 store of its features and dlcs so i panic bought alot of games of which most of them i didnt play yet..

3 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I'm loving the amount of attention this is getting! I'll make a new thread real soon to get a new event going since there are so many people who still need to get some PS3 completion. The ride truly never ends!

I'm in.

5 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I'm loving the amount of attention this is getting! I'll make a new thread real soon to get a new event going since there are so many people who still need to get some PS3 completion. The ride truly never ends!

That would be great; good motivation to get the last PS3 trophies earned...