Don't let the PS3 and Vita die!

TajoniHD

Don't know where you got your information from but majority of games and trophies will still be available, you'll just have to buy the games on a slow ass store if you haven't already. Also the vita has been dead for quite some time now but ey goodluck on your grand adventure.

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

Lets be honest, would you game that much on an old system once you have the shiny new one? When I bought PS4, my PS3 sat for almost two years gathering dust, then I decided to finally finish my old god of war games and sell it. Its gonna happen to my PS4, and to my PS5 one day.

I hardly believe Sony would end the PS3 store for generations to come. If you bought software there, and they locked you up, that would make digital games a scam, since you pretty much renting them.

• Like 1

It sucks they removed them from the browser store, as that was mainly how I tracked them (through my wishlist, which is also gone for now, damn you Sony).

I'm actually playing my PS3 atm, trophy hunting the Metal Gear Solid games, and I'd like to eventually get through the Ratchet & Clank games too on there. Hopefully the store is up and working on there for some time to come. It's just a shame I can't do it all from the browser store.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I would and I do. But I know I am not the majority so I can not expect Sony to make business decisions based on that.

The problem is that it costs them nothing to keep those games up on the previous store for those who want to buy them. Jim Ryan is notorious for his contempt of old consoles and this is him tryin to push that belief onto consumers. Not to mention the current  site design is already shit as it doesn't even have all of my PS4 purchases listed in the game library

• Like 1

I game on Vita every day, and lately I've been going back to PS3 to play some of my quite extensive backlog. 

Neither of them are going to die for me in the near future due to backlog (more than 60 games on Vita and over 30 on PS3).

I'll keep playing both (specially Vita) for as long as the trophies keep syncing :)

• Like 3

On 10/22/2020 at 3:20 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

This is like screaming to not let Michael Jackson die. You would need to dig up his corpse first.

In fairness, the PS3 never molested any kids.  

I understand your analogy but maybe pick a decent human being.

• Like 1

The Vita store in the UK is awful.

Buuuut, it has so many great games, hidden gems and older ps1/ps2/psp games that i still wanna play from time to time.  (Ive lost my psp charger and will not invest in another one, having 1 handheld hold so many libraries, regardless of size is great.)

Examples being Jeanne D'Arc, Vagrant Story, Several FF titles, both mainline and more, especially FFT, CC and 6. Also Tactics Ogre and early Persona titles.

Plenty of great stories all available on there. Some of us fans still remain. And will continue. 

Viva la Vita!

Edited by punkshepherd
  • Like 1

I don’t think Sony is doing the right thing.

While Microsoft tries to make some of your digital purchases “eternal”, Sony chose to shut down the most convenient entrance, the Web Store.

Sony is like telling people: “Hey, don’t buy digital games, we will close stores eventually. Buy physical copies, OK?”

• Like 2

The PS3 and Vita have a small selection of people on both, but that still doesn't mean that they are actually dead. You are still free to buy physical for these systems, but anyone looking to buy digital has to go through the consoles themselves. The PS3 Store is an absolute joke, has a high tendency to freeze, forcing me to quit out to the XMB and try again.

• Like 2

On 2020/10/26 at 5:16 AM, ChenZheCHN said:

I don’t think Sony is doing the right thing.

While Microsoft tries to make some of your digital purchases “eternal”, Sony chose to shut down the most convenient entrance, the Web Store.

Sony is like telling people: “Hey, don’t buy digital games, we will close stores eventually. Buy physical copies, OK?”

I know right? I am thinking the same way as you are right there! I think this has to do not just only Sony, but someone who claimed "PS1 and PS2 games look ancient, why would anybody want to play this", few years ago which is none other than Jim Ryan! That fool needs to step down once and for all, and hire someone who has a passion and care about consumer base like how Phil Spencer for Microsoft (Xbox) do!

On 2020/10/29 at 6:44 AM, Spaz said:

The PS3 and Vita have a small selection of people on both, but that still doesn't mean that they are actually dead. You are still free to buy physical for these systems, but anyone looking to buy digital has to go through the consoles themselves. The PS3 Store is an absolute joke, has a high tendency to freeze, forcing me to quit out to the XMB and try again.

At this point, I feel like Sony is being anti-consumer for not only making PS5 backwards compatible with anything beyond PS4, but also shutting down PS3/PS Vita web store! I think they got very cocky over this 8th gen console since they outsold Xbox One by 2 to 1 which is a complete decisive victory for Sony Interactive Entertainment (my opinion could be incorrect, but still)

• Like 1

I don't think Sony is that petty to shut down the trophies. From a business perspective, I can see why they locked out the Vita/PS3 games for purchase on the web PS Store. The more saturated a store is with games, the more spread out the consumer wallets would be across four ecosystems (example, people like me bought a Vita after buying a PS4 because I saw there were Vita games to play). There's actually an entire industry behind this in the capital consumerism market, where corporations engineer how users interact with adverts and products, to present a handmaiden adjusted illusion of choice for the consumer. You know those streaming service buttons on the PS5 media remote? Disney, Netflix and the other two paid a ton of money to Sony to have their placements in those four bidden slots.

With the new PS5 launching, Sony wants to present an optimised agency of choice where the newer gamers will have access to software playable on their ninth generation console. If PS3 backwards compatibility had been in the bag, I'm very sure Sony would not have removed its titles from the web store and app. So when new sales are optimised and concentrated to the new ecosystem, investors and third parties will be easier convinced to apply themselves to making, optimisation-priority or porting games for the PlayStation 5.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1