Don't let the PS3 and Vita die!

TajoniHD

I'm beyond pissed that they disabled the option to buy PS3/Vita games. I mean, money can be made from them still, but for me personally, its the fact that I can't even access them in my download history, nor my wishlist where I had quite a few PS3 games stashed away in. They clearly don't give a flying fuck about their consumer base; but their OWN MOTTO IS "For the Players"!!! For the players my ass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

I'm beyond pissed that they disabled the option to buy PS3/Vita games. I mean, money can be made from them still, but for me personally, its the fact that I can't even access them in my download history, nor my wishlist where I had quite a few PS3 games stashed away in. They clearly don't give a flying fuck about their consumer base; but their OWN MOTTO IS "For the Players"!!! For the players my ass.

??

I can still access my download list on PS3.

I don't a rats ass about sony. Fuck them. I will continue to enjoy my ps3 and vita games as long as I want to and I still have soooooo many games to play on it. 

Don't give a flying fuck if sony closes the online, it ain't gonna make me hop out of my seat to go buy a ps5 at launch because they are shutting everything down. Are they going to come to my doorstep and take all my consoles and games from me? If so, we have a bigger problem then just shutting down the store and trophy support.

Even if the online does die for it, I’ll play it all i want and they wont stop me. Silly thing to worry about if you ask me. It will go retro soon, and when it does I will still enjoy it without caring what sony does with whats left of the laggy ass online support for it.

1st off.  Xbox has brought a very small portion of 6th, & 7th Gen forward.  It isn't backwards compatible.  Microsoft has a little over 500 games from the Xbox, and Xbox 360 games.  For perspective, Xbox has 1001 games, and the Xbox 360 had 2085.  Thats under 20%.  

Now, it is commendable what Xbox has done, but there is more to do.  Especially from Sony.

Now I do not want the stores to go down for the PS3 or Vita.   I still buy small easy trophy games on Vita to help support it.  It is a great handheld.  It is unfortunate that it never caught on.  I am doing my part for sure.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 3:03 AM, TajoniHD said:

But we can't just let them die and in fact it's our decision if it will. If we don't let Sony kill them, they won't.

So let's stick together and save these consoles.

If we don't to offer resistance they'll continue.

Together we can hold up Sony.

I will no longer support Sony if they no longer support us and our interests.

I missed the part where you actually said what actions you were actually taking and what actions you suggested others taking to support whatever undefined end result you are looking for.

• Like 2

Let me tell you something . I know nobody cares about my opinion has its not shared by many or other reaons but if they stop us for syncronizing trophy from ps3 and ps vita i'm going to stop trophy hunting . Whats the point . They shut down ps4 when ps6 comes out and so on ! ?!  Will they even like go to the point to delete the trophy we already earned from previous eras from our profile ? Who knows. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I missed the part where you actually said what actions you were actually taking and what actions you suggested others taking to support whatever undefined end result you are looking for.

Lmfao 

LETS DRAW UP THE PETITIONS EVERYONE!!!!! :D 

sign here:____________

The number one nuisance that kills PS3 for me is the lack of good and durable replacement controllers. Obviously you can't buy new DS3s anymore and all the third party controllers I've had so far started showing issues pretty quickly (usually drifting analog sticks). One of them also had a weird quirk where you couldn't use it when it was plugged in and recharging. If someone can recommend a really good third party controller I wouldn't mind paying quite a lot more than these knockoff DS3s usually go for. And no, I've already had my fair share of "refurbished" original PS3 controllers.

Ultimately, a Sony console with full backwards compatibility at some point down the line would be the definitive solution to this issue but I have my doubts that anyone at Sony is going to care about Kutaragi and his flippin' Cell architecture ten years from now.

I haven’t bought a PS vita game on the store app or website since a year or so ago when Senran Kagura was on sale randomly. I occasionally buy my games off the PS3/Vita Store, but the majority come from Amazon. They have much better deals, especially for LEGO games. I also don’t like the Vita’s netcode, so I tend to stay away from online titles whenever possible.

I just wanted to share my opinion.

I think most of you already read that you can't buy PS3 and Vita games from the App and the webshop anymore soon. I think that's another step how Sony wants to kill these consoles. One of a lot. Most people (also me) didn't recognize that there were a lot of steps before. For example ending the PS-Plus support for these consoles.

But we can't just let them die and in fact it's our decision if it will. If we don't let Sony kill them, they won't. Think about all the games an unearned trophies. Sony will end the support for the PS-Store and the trophies. Maybe in one year, maybe in two, maybe in five. Nobody knows when but they will if we let them. So let's stick together and save these consoles. Look at Microsoft. They support all the Xbox consoles. If we don't to offer resistance they'll continue. They'll kill the PS4, PS5 and even the PS6 one day.

Together we can hold up Sony.

I will no longer support Sony if they no longer support us and our interests. What about you?

Sorry man, this post is a few years too late. This is a lost cause. I would speak up if they disable syncing, but the rest of this movement is set in stone. The best we can do is learn from it and act accordingly when we play and buy their products.

1 hour ago, Baka_Marimo said:

The number one nuisance that kills PS3 for me is the lack of good and durable replacement controllers. Obviously you can't buy new DS3s anymore and all the third party controllers I've had so far started showing issues pretty quickly (usually drifting analog sticks). One of them also had a weird quirk where you couldn't use it when it was plugged in and recharging. If someone can recommend a really good third party controller I wouldn't mind paying quite a lot more than these knockoff DS3s usually go for. And no, I've already had my fair share of "refurbished" original PS3 controllers.

Ultimately, a Sony console with full backwards compatibility at some point down the line would be the definitive solution to this issue but I have my doubts that anyone at Sony is going to care about Kutaragi and his flippin' Cell architecture ten years from now.

If you have PS4 controller, you can use em on a PS3. Works great.

As long as I can still get trophies on PS3 and Vita I'm still good since I got quite a few yet that I want to get trophies for.
 And I haven't checked it yet, but if you can still buy games on the Ps3 and vita stores themselves may try and pick up a few more games, although I actually haven't been on those in years about why I used the Web page to buy games for those systems easier to navigate.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dan-lives-here said:

If you don't want older consoles to die go play xbox. There are no generations and full back,watds compatibility. Just buy the latest no need to hold onto old systems

That's not even completely true. lmao

Nice sales pitch, though, Phil. ;)

Edited by Zephrese

• 4 weeks later...

I still play alot of ps3 games. But mostly backlog because i pretty mich bought everything that i wanted to get

but itsvery surprising how many people you find to get online trophies done

it almost feels like its easier to find boost groups for ps3 games than it is for ps4

I would still play on my ps3 but it seems to be a game of roulette every time I want to sync my trophies in. Sometimes it takes around 90seconds (normal) but other times it gets to about 12% and says 'tell you what Mosh, fuck your trophies!', then proceeds to move at about 1% every 5 mins until eventually having a fit and going into error mode!. Unfortunately when this happens, the long sync has to be done again till it works in order to get things back to 'normal' speeds again. Why can't all the systems just sync automatically?. I loved my ps3 (2nd gen model), but I just can't be arsed to wait ages for a couple of trophies to sync in. Probably why I now play most my ps3 stuff via ps now. As for the store, fuck me, I can't even browse the avatars in case I scroll too fast and all of a sudden I'm back at the XMB screen!!. I do however still use my 360. The store is (still) shit, but at least the achievements update without a meltdown happening!. ?