Don't let the PS3 and Vita die!

TajoniHD

They have both been discontinued a while ago and the vita was unsuccessful to begin with. Sony doesn't give a fuck about them. If you don't want them to die, all you can really do is buy one refurbished and get preowned games. They will never care about previous consoles. All they care about is their latest shit. Fuck em. 

• Like 1

On 22/10/2020 at 10:03 AM, TajoniHD said:

I will no longer support Sony if they no longer support us and our interests. What about you?

I'm already switching to Nintendo because of that + censorship and SJW propaganda in video games, after they removed ps3/vita from web/mobile stores I already had a case when purchased content didn't appear in my download list and I was charged of course, my ticket is opened for more than a month already and Sony support monkeys won't do a shit. Some of my friends say that some content they bought years ago disappeared from their list and so on. Their new American management is very cynical, Jim Ryan tells cool stories how they "look into the future" and how their playerbase needs only new games to explain their moves with PS3/Vita and lack of proper backwards compatibility on PS5 and yet they use PS3 game remake as main platform seller - bullshit.

Don't wait for a magical day when they'll suddenly change their behavior. In their financial reports they proudly show how many $$$ they receive from 3rd party microtransactions, PS3/Vita were focused on single player games and classic multiplayer without shitload of skins to buy, that's the only reason why they are burying PS3 and Vita down. The truth is they already stopped to support you and your interests long time ago - protest with your wallet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

The ps3 is two generations old at this point. Its unfortunately inevitable that it is going to die sooner or later.

It's 2021, hardware will die of course but there is no point in killing software and flush down the toilet thousands of bucks people spent on their PS3 and Vita library.
If they can't do a full compatibility like Microsoft does (maybe guys who created RPCS3 emulator could teach them how), they can at least do something similar to Nintendo's Virtual Console on Wii U but they just don't care, so f*** Sony.

Edited by KingSkovald

well PS3 will be forever my favorite console, because I spend a lot of time in my youth with it. The games there were just epic.

Each month i buy a game in store, even if i have it physical, to support this gen, also I activate there my yearly renew card of the psn to support it further.

Hopefully we will get another 5 years, i think more will be not realistic...

Still have a backlog of about 70 ps3 games parted on 3 systems:D

• Like 1

The unfortunate reality is that Sony will pull the plug. Vita was a commercial failure, and the PS3 was their worst-performing home console that wiped away the profits of the PS1 and PS2. It only makes sense to give significant support to the PS4 and obviously the brand-new PS5.

I don't advocate for Sony shutting down the stores and making trophies harder to get or impossible. It sucks. But they're going to do it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4-1-2021 at 8:37 PM, KingSkovald said:

It's 2021, hardware will die of course but there is no point in killing software and flush down the toilet thousands of bucks people spent on their PS3 and Vita library.
If they can't do a full compatibility like Microsoft does (maybe guys who created RPCS3 emulator could teach them how), they can at least do something similar to Nintendo's Virtual Console on Wii U but they just don't care, so f*** Sony.

get used to it

all the people buying digital games are the cause of this.

software can get taken away in an instant. glad I have my full vita libary still  crapload of physical games that i cna play now and still in 10 years

the vita and ps3 won die as long as fans keep them allive

It's a 14 year old console and it has go through 2 generations now, eventually the support will die, just like with every piece of tecnology.

I think this the perfect time to enjoy the console to the fullest, cheap games, free online and still a strong community, enjoy these last years as I don't think Sony will support it for many more.

Edited by Ninjise
  • Like 1