Soul Key trophy didn't unlock...

...after completing the boss fight and holding square on the soul key to pick it up. Do you have to do something to trigger an "ending"? It just let me keep killing zombies, so I downed myself after a few minutes. This was a custom match. I was host and my buddy had the director's cut perks...we also started the game with arcade thing that gives you all perks. Hoff unlocked fine, and got that trophy. Just curious if it's bugged or I did something wrong...

20 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Yeah, did all that....no cut scene after picking up the key though. The game just continued to spawn zombies. Earlier in the game, one of the elements spawned out of reach as well....so we just completed it without the exquisite core. Maybe that match was just glitched to begin with...

Is the key showing glowing above the soul jar in the challenge menu? Never heard of that trophy glitching before

25 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Yeah, did all that....no cut scene after picking up the key though. The game just continued to spawn zombies. Earlier in the game, one of the elements spawned out of reach as well....so we just completed it without the exquisite core. Maybe that match was just glitched to begin with...

You have to shoot down the space craft using pack a punched wonder weapons, picking up the fuse alone isnt enough, theres another step after that lol

13 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

He stated in his comment he picked up the key, which is after shooting down the UFO

Gotcha!

i didnt read all of it

anywho...sounds like it somehow glitched which is weird i never heard of issues with this specific trophy

i would just run another match, i used to solo this boss fight and make gaming sessions for people to come in my game and simply pick up the key, its pretty easy enough, Should only take about 35minutes or so

46 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I just want to clarify there is no ending cutscene in Zombies in Spaceland. You pick up the piece of the Soul Key, you get the trophy, and the game just continues. 

So this just sounds like the trophy glitched to me. I’d suggest to just try it again.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

Using skullhacker will most of the time void the trophy. 

23 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Good lord, mate, it's terrible, this easter egg is a nightmare, 

I think it's one of the easiest Zombies EE of them all, one thing a lot do wrong is shooting the Aliens in the head, you shoot them in the neckless which deals much more damage and kills them a lot quicker. 

40 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Using skullhacker will most of the time void the trophy. 

I

I'm assuming that's a fortune card. I have no idea what the other guy used...so yeah wanted to ask here if anything would void the trophy, or it was just bugged. Thought maybe custom match, or that mini game to get perks might void it. Just don't want to repeat it. I did hold square on the soul key myself, so if that was supposed to unlock it I got screwed lol

I think I could solo it if needed, but anyone with director's cut willing to help...message me on PSN. Cheers

14 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I'm assuming that's a fortune card. I have no idea what the other guy used...so yeah wanted to ask here if anything would void the trophy, or it was just bugged. Thought maybe custom match, or that mini game to get perks might void it. Just don't want to repeat it. I did hold square on the soul key myself, so if that was supposed to unlock it I got screwed lol

I think I could solo it if needed, but anyone with director's cut willing to help...message me on PSN. Cheers

I can help you if you need it. I've got directors cut

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

No problem, grats on the plat.

For everyone else, it's not glitched. The person helping him yesterday used the Skull Hacker card at the start of the match, invalidating the easter egg.

That is pretty weird though. We used the skull hacker card for the last 3 EE’s and that didn’t void the trophies. We didn’t use it for Zombies in Spaceland or Rave in the Redwoods because we didn’t knew about the card then. So maybe you only can’t use it in Zombies in Spaceland?

It makes the EE’s so much easier so I don’t want people to think you can’t use the card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

That is pretty weird though. We used the skull hacker card for the last 3 EE’s and that didn’t void the trophies. We didn’t use it for Zombies in Spaceland or Rave in the Redwoods because we didn’t knew about the card then. So maybe you only can’t use it in Zombies in Spaceland?

It makes the EE’s so much easier so I don’t want people to think you can’t use the card.

Normally it only invalidates the trophy for doing the skull arcade machines. I have a feeling you're right about it not being allowed on spaceland.

At least you don't even need perks for the shaolin Easter egg due to the invincibility glitch

• 1 year later...