Can we still play this game on the Emulated Network?

Lordidude

45 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The guy who runs that program, hates trophy boosters and has said he will perma-ban any he finds so don't waste your time if all you want are the trophies.

So the trophies are obtainable with the program but you will get banned for trying to get them?

That really sucks. I hope if any other games get revived and trophies become possible again, he ain't the one running it. What a loser imo ?

i guess if you wanna plat it, have fun getting destroyed by randoms. Sad 

@MMDE

How is this method in accordance to the flagging rules?

Although it is not within the approved software it is well within the important factors whether or not it is safe to use.

Before even attempting anything I want to make sure it's alright from PSNP's side.

Edited by Lordidude

48 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

I really don't understand how you all can complain that you can't boost trophies. There are players who love this game therefore they want the pleasure to enjoy it, the last thing they need is to see a public lobby up only to boost stats where they would be kicked from.

This is not how Warhawk works. You can set up your own servers/sessions and have exclusive access just for trophy boosters. 

That does not take away anything from those who just play it for fun. The games happen separately and you are not crossing any other groups. 

Maybe some of the trophy hunters even start playing normally which is why it would be a shame to gatekeep this way and block potential growth of that very small community. 

It's their server so they have the prerogative of doing with it whatever they want. I still fail to see how it is helpful for anyone to go out of their way too dismiss a certain type of players. 

They would lose absolutely nothing which is why it is silly and gatekeeping. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

This is not how Warhawk works. You can set up your own servers/sessions and have exclusive access just for trophy boosters. 

That does not take away anything from those who just play it for fun. The games happen separately and you are not crossing any other groups. 

Maybe some of the trophy hunters even start playing normally which is why it would be a shame to gatekeep this way and block potential growth of that very small community. 

It's their server so they have the prerogative of doing with it whatever they want. I still fail to see how it is helpful for anyone to go out of their way too dismiss a certain type of players. 

They would lose absolutely nothing which is why it is silly and gatekeeping. 

The amount of players that are still playing the game is very low, so that's why if they see a lobby they would just join... and then what? they'd be kicked.

I don't think this is correct at all. It looks so obvious to me that I don't know how I should explain that.

If you play normally you are fine, you could theoretically get the platinum legit as well.

We all know that the warhawk community won't grow thanks to trophy hunters, no game can be like that. A trophy hunter would play the game only to get the trophies and then leave the game forever, potentially with no interactions with other players at all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I came across PSONE from an article I was reading. I had to check it out. Setup my ps3 to connect to their servers. Started up Warhawk to see if it would work, it did. I got all excited until I read your thread and now...?☹️??

Well if they can do it so can we. Who here is smart enough to create our own server that we control. Come on now I know at least someone here is; perhaps many people here are. 

8 minutes ago, Deathon6 said:

I came across PSONE from an article I was reading. I had to check it out. Setup my ps3 to connect to their servers. Started up Warhawk to see if it would work, it did. I got all excited until I read your thread and now...1f621.png2639.png1f622.png1f62d.png

Well if they can do it so can we. Who here is smart enough to create our own server that we control. Come on now I know at least someone here is; perhaps many people here are. 

No offence but you obviously have no idea how ridiculously hard and complicated this type of thing is if you're stating that the likelihood is that there's someone on this website who can do it. There's a reason hardly any closed games have been brought back: it requires a huge amount of computing knowledge and indeed luck. You need things such as standard dev kits to be leaked by people from studios/publishers who used them. Without such leaks you don't stand much of a chance, and even then not many people possess the skill to be able to use such leaks to their advantage. 

There are people out there who'd be able to do it but the trouble is finding them, and most of them wouldn't give a rat's ass about trophies, or indeed gaming in general. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 2

A few people have messaged me about PSONE over the last month. Playing anything on these servers WILL get you flagged. Why?

Its closed source and controlled by a small group of people. I'm sure their intentions are "pure" , but they'll have access to see your personal information normally only seen by Sony. As stated above, there's also the possibility things have been changed, which isn't acceptable. Any server needs to be publicly available for anyone to host at any time themselves, otherwise you may be banned for no reason, or someone could up a server just for themselves, etc.

Use at your own risk.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

A few people have messaged me about PSONE over the last month. Playing anything on these servers WILL get you flagged. Why?

Its closed source and controlled by a small group of people. I'm sure their intentions are "pure" , but they'll have access to see your personal information normally only seen by Sony. As stated above, there's also the possibility things have been changed, which isn't acceptable. Any server needs to be publicly available for anyone to host at any time themselves, otherwise you may be banned for no reason, or someone could up a server just for themselves, etc.

Use at your own risk.

Why would using it get you flagged? Anyone can go into their network settings and input the dns server ip address needed to access it. It's not like you have to jail break your console or use mods to achieve this. 

I also came across this thread from some who appears to be a trophy hunter at https://www.resetera.com/threads/warhawk-ps3-online-multiplayer-game-is-back-online.298931/ he talks about PSONE. I'm not sure if he's part of the team that brought back Warhawk but he talks about using it to boost trophies. His statements and the statements here about using their servers to boost trophies seems to be contradicting each other. 

1 hour ago, Deathon6 said:

Why would using it get you flagged? Anyone can go into their network settings and input the dns server ip address needed to access it. It's not like you have to jail break your console or use mods to achieve this. 

I also came across this thread from some who appears to be a trophy hunter at https://www.resetera.com/threads/warhawk-ps3-online-multiplayer-game-is-back-online.298931/ he talks about PSONE. I'm not sure if he's part of the team that brought back Warhawk but he talks about using it to boost trophies. His statements and the statements here about using their servers to boost trophies seems to be contradicting each other. 

The reason it isn't allowed right now is because it is run independently by a small group of people who control the source code, which means that they can decide to boot people off the server at any time and disallow them from ever using it again. Other projects that are allowed have the source code public and an option that allows you to host the server at any time without worrying that another person has control over it and the ability to boot you off. On top of that the person who made the server for Warhawk has specified how using it to boost trophies instead of doing them legitimately will get you banned from it so that in itself is a huge gray area. Maybe if someone makes a public version of the online where you don't need to use the PSOne server then PSNProfiles will allow you to work on Warhawk, but for now it is not allowed and will probably stay that way.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deathon6 said:

Also I don't see anywhere on psnprofiles where it says you can't use it. It just says, "use at your own risk."

Can someone point me to an official forum thread where it says we can't use it? 

The project is closed source, it means that its not publicly available. Gonespy is allowed on this site because its open source, anyone can set it up. This was created by a small group of people that just want to play the game again. 

here in this you will find a list of approved software and this psone project is not on there.

58 minutes ago, Deathon6 said:

If it's closed source then how did I get access to it? I never asked them for access. I just followed the directions to access the server and I was in. Something anyone can do. 

Closed source means you don't have access to all the computer code they use to run the server. It means you don't actually know what they're doing when you interact with their program. If they hid a mod menu that pops trophies without completing the requirements, you wouldn't know. Open source means all the code is available and anyone can look at it and see exactly what the program is doing.

It has nothing to do with who can access the program by itself, but who can see and access all the code that runs it.

• Like 1

I read the thread "What Constitutes A Flag" and this is what it says. I highlighted the most important parts. 

Use at Your Own Risk

We are in no way associated with any of the listed projects and won't in any way take any responsibility for what happens when you use them. If the trophies aren't earned the same manner as when the official servers were online, you may get flagged for it. Custom servers may get removed in the future and no longer be deemed okay to use if they implement a lot of tools that makes it easy to cheat.

You will not get flagged on this website so long as you adhere to the details above, however beware of Sony's terms of service for PSN which shows that Sony could remove your account if they detect you using software like this. In short, do this at your own risk!

In other words here you can as long as you earn the trophies in the same manner as when the official servers were online. I had a look at their site and discord channel and it seems like these people are heavily against cheating so I don't see them putting mods or any other cheats to use on their servers. 

7 minutes ago, Deathon6 said:

If the trophies aren't earned the same manner as when the official servers were online, you may get flagged for it.

Yes, your own risk. Since the servers are closed source, no one can verify if they were earned in the same manner as official servers and you may be flagged if you “earn” trophies using this closed source solution. Just don’t be surprised if you end up flagged. 

• Like 1