Level 21 in season 2... still haven't won a single game

danistheguy

Lol. I've been to the final a BUNCH of times (4 times just last night in an hour or so of play) and just haven't won. It'll be like.. one stumble or hit by a ball in Fall Mountain, someone grabs me before the bar in Jump Showdown or, like last night, my guy just didn't jump when I hit X. Or Hexagone I'll be like one of the last people and it just doesn't work out for me. 

Just in case anyone else is struggling to get their first win and pop that apparently super common bronze trophy. Or maybe I'm just that bad. But surely if I'm getting to the final a lot it's only a matter of time yeah? I'm not going for the plat in this game, obviously, but I'd like to get a decent completion percentage. At this rate I seriously think I'm going to pop the level 40 trophy before the first win trophy!

Edited by danistheguy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BSKkayfabe said:

Treated. J/k that sucks dude. You'll get it I'm sure. Bad luck is bad luck. I assume you're skilled at the game? I've seen it, never played it. Good luck friend.

Haha thanks. I'm getting to the final a good amount so I assume I'm somewhat decent. It's just that I get way less practice on those finale levels than I do on everything else. Most of my finale losses I think can be chalked up to luck, some of them for sure I've just choked. It's just crazy. This is a 40% rarity trophy. 

To clarify, I only played up to about level 5 in season 1 before deciding to wait for season 2. Still... 25 levels and I haven't managed to luck into a single win? Crazy.

• Like 1

I got to rank 30(ish?) in the first season without a single win & was contemplating the idea of getting to 40 without one too (with the idea being to not throw a game), but then the realisation hit that I was playing this game over & again & whilst it remained somewhat fun, I started utterly hating some stages that were fun when I started & playing that often with no wins does get to your self esteem & honestly gets a bit depressing. Especially if you end up coming close, but no cigar often.

I did think that I was going to go back & see what season 2 brought, but I just haven't felt the urge as yet. Shame, as I really liked it to begin with. :dunno: 

• Like 3

This was pretty much me in the first season. Haven't touched the game since the beginning of S2 and still don't have a win so I feel your pain.

I got fall mountain in the finals 70% of the time and the problem is that people already perfected the route to take so it was just super hard winning. Granted, there were times I literally lost because by milliseconds for me and someone else jumping for the crown at the same time. I don't think I suck at the game

Long story short, don't feel bad about it. Winning takes just as much luck as skill. Just because you haven't won yet doesn't mean you never will. It's much, much easier to win with friends from what I heard.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, danistheguy said:

To clarify, I only played up to about level 5 in season 1 before deciding to wait for season 2. Still... 25 levels and I haven't managed to luck into a single win? Crazy.

Fall Guys burnt bright but fast, in that everyone was streaming/playing/talking about it when it first released, and now you barely see anyone talking about it. I mean it's only a couple hundred players away from falling off of the 'Popular Games this Week' section on the homepage already, despite holding the top spot for like the whole month it first came out.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure this is 90% of your problem. I'd imagine the majority of people who are still playing this at this point are either trophy hunters trying for Infallible who will obviously be desperately out for wins, or people who have been continuously playing this from the start. Despite what people tend to shout and scream about this game, there is definitely skill involved, not just luck. Going up against experienced players is going to give you a harder time for sure, but keep at it and you'll be the one with the experience before long.

Haven't personally touched this game since I got Level 40 in Season 1 and I'm unlikely to do so again soon. The gameplay got very old, very fast in my opinion and I hear there is only like 4 new maps for Season 2. Not going to waste my time reinstalling for that.

Good luck in pursuit of the win!

1 hour ago, danistheguy said:

Lol. I've been to the final a BUNCH of times (4 times just last night in an hour or so of play) and just haven't won. It'll be like.. one stumble or hit by a ball in Fall Mountain, someone grabs me before the bar in Jump Showdown or, like last night, my guy just didn't jump when I hit X. Or Hexagone I'll be like one of the last people and it just doesn't work out for me. 

Just in case anyone else is struggling to get their first win and pop that apparently super common bronze trophy. Or maybe I'm just that bad. But surely if I'm getting to the final a lot it's only a matter of time yeah? I'm not going for the plat in this game, obviously, but I'd like to get a decent completion percentage. At this rate I seriously think I'm going to pop the level 40 trophy before the first win trophy!

Your win will come dude, keep at it. Took me ages to get my first win. I never thought i would get the 7 wins trophy never mind the 20. Its a great feeling when you do get that elusive first win tho

• Like 1

Level 36 here and also no wins, also played up to about level 5 in season 1 and have also managed 8 first place race wins and qualified 500 rounds. I think the issue is a mix of pros playing who have perfect techniques, and grabbers ruining it for everyone else.

Honestly I think I'm close to quitting the game permanently if nothing changes soon. I don't care about the trophies, but it's no fun if you can't even win once.

• Like 2

That's because there aren't much casual players left playing this game. Most people who still playing the game now either trophy hunters or pros.

Unless this game being f2p someday, this game's difficulty (I'm talking about your opponents, not the game levels) will keep getting harder everyday.

Example similar situation is Last of Us multiplayer.

• Like 2

Yea it's mostly hardcore pro's playing at this time. I play an hour or 2 a day just to unwind n have a bit of fun n I've done that for about a month n a half n I've only today got the 'win 7 episodes' trophy so wins are always extremely few and far between! And my wins have mainly been luck.. like jump showdown when the last 2 platforms are split far apart and ive been the only one on 1 platform, where everyone else has killed each other on the other side. Or only twice I have had a perfect run and won fall mountain. And I still suck at hex a gone n only ever won that once.. and I'm sure it was complete luck as I'm not sure how that one happened lol. I have a lot of friends that seem to win a lot, theres just  lot of really dam good players, very difficult to compete with! 

But ofc if u enjoy the game then carry on :)

And if it annoys u too much then move on :)

I'm quite happy just playing for fun here n there n not worrying about anything so still works for me at the moment ?

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 3

Haha thank y'all, glad I'm not the only one. Agree that it does seem like more "pros" this season and that's definitely been an issue for me on the finals. I'm pretty good at most of the levels other than the final! Ah well, I'll at least keep playing until I hit 40 and by then it'll be PS5 time and I won't care anymore. :D 

• Like 2

Level 34 season 2, still won zero episodes as well. But to be fair I only played season 1 to level 20 or so.

I was wondering what the record might be for the most episodes played without a win. I am sure it is common though since you cannot really practice the final round games like you can the early races and such.

At any rate, season 2 made some improvements that I appreciate. The ability to get quite a few crowns by advancing up the levels is nice. And I am improving, winning more races. Just need to win an episode.

Took me til lvl 27 to win my first but I just won it because I played with friends and he let me win back then... So maybe try to get some of your friends to play with you and you'll gonna end up with friends in finals so you just gonna win in the end if they are nice to you. One time I was in a grabbing the tail final (idk the english names of the finals) with 3 people (me, a friend and a random player).

Oh man. I feel for you dude.

I've only got 8 wins and 3 of those were in hex showdown very early in Season 1 so no one knew what they were doing yet ?

The rest were Fall Mountain and 1 for Fumble and most of it i got really lucky

Just playing now to level up to get free crowns so i get complete my legendary outfit ?

Keep plugging! Most of trophies not based on winning are quite easy to get so getting completion rate up shouldn't be too troublesome. Good Luck!