Unknown_V2_0 and CMH777 (CarloHaz) quitting trophy hunting

usapro2017

It feels strange seeing these 2 long time popular trophy hunters handing in the towels and giving up trophy hunting.

Both have been trophy hunting since the PS3 days and both well known within the trophy community.

How does everyone else still feel about trophy hunting? Do you still love it as much as you always did or have you also lost some of the passion you used to have?

If so why is that? Is it the huge amount of 10-30 minute platinums released weekly you need to buy to stay on top of the leaderboard?

Is it because you miss playing a game for fun in your own way without trophies dictating how to?

Is it because you simply have other hobbies/interests/life in general that take up your time now and you no longer have as much time to trophy hunt?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, usapro2017 said:

It feels strange seeing these 2 long time popular trophy hunters handing in the towels and giving up trophy hunting.

Both have been trophy hunting since the PS3 days and both well known within the trophy community.

How does everyone else still feel about trophy hunting? Do you still love it as much as you always did or have you also lost some of the passion you used to have?

If so why is that? Is it the huge amount of 10-30 minute platinums released weekly you need to buy to stay on top of the leaderboard?

Is it because you miss playing a game for fun in your own way without trophies dictating how to?

Is it because you simply have other hobbies/interests/life in general that take up your time now and you no longer have as much time to trophy hunt?

Personally, I don’t know that much about those two trophy hunters, but one of them was rank 5 so I’ll take your word for them being well-known. Across both my accounts, I’ve earned roughly 35 platinum trophies, and while that’s a lot less than some other people here have, I’m proud of those, and I still have the exact same amount of passion for trophy hunting as I always did. I think the main thing that kept me interested was that I have always, always made an effort to stay away from ‘Mayo’ type games and the like. I don’t think I would enjoy it near as much if I bought these games specifically for the platinum trophies and stat increase. I’ve bought games with the full intention of going for the trophies for sure, but that was never the only reason. Because of that, I’m just as interested as I’ve always been.

Don’t know the other guy but always enjoyed Carlohaz’s profile roasting videos, though it looks like he’s deleted most of them.

For me I’m still into trophy hunting but after spending nearly a year doing Trackmania Turbo and getting slightly burned out I’ve definitely lost some of the urge to rush into doing the next game.

• Like 1

For me, I have always been a completionist, even long before trophies. Super Mario 64, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, and many other games showed me that my favorite thing to do was to master every single aspect of a game, and leave it with a 100% save file.

So, I don't concern myself with the leaderboard. Nobody was tracking my 100% games before trophies, and now that someone is, it hasn't changed the way I approach gaming at all. I don't think that part of me will ever really change, so 'quitting trophy hunting' isn't something I see myself doing ever, really. Unless I quit gaming entirely I guess, but I don't really see that either.

I only play games I enjoy also. If I start a game, and decide I don't really like it all that much, I won't force myself to 100% it, or even finish the campaign. I don't force myself to buy DLC to maintain 100% on the game either, the base game 100% is enough for me. Unless the DLC looks really good, then I'll definitely buy it.

I think a lot of people have placed trophy hunting as their 'Primary' task when playing a game, and personally, I couldn't do that at all. My 'Primary' task is just to play the game and have fun. Getting 100% completion is something I have always done and like to do, but it's definitely secondary.

• Like 3

I still enjoy most of the games I play that have trophies. Yeah, I haven't played many games without trophies recently but I'm still enjoying myself. I do however play past the point of enjoying the game just for trophies so it's understandable why people quit. There's a few games that going for the trophies actually made it more enjoyable but that's uncommon. It's usually action games, the DMC series and Furi to name a few, that I get more enjoyment out of going for trophies. If I stopped at the point of no longer enjoying the game I'd probably only have 10-20 platinums and less than 50% completion.

No clue who these guys are, but trophy hunting is still awesome in my book.

I have always been a completionist way before trophies were even a thing. I think the problem in recent times is people just focusing on it exclusively.

I will say if you care about leaderboard placements, the 5-10 minute platinum trophies have absolutely destroyed them. There really needs to be a leaderboard that excludes them.

• Like 3

A: Still love the pop.

A: Never cared about leaderboard but true 10 min plat is ruining trophy hunting as community stuff.

A: 1st playthrough is always for fun on ps3 in most games on 1st run i have turned off trophy notifications (ps4 should have it too) 2playthrought is where the hunt begin.

A: Little less time and energy but still on roll

Edited by Beliar4

2 hours ago, usapro2017 said:

Both have been trophy hunting since the PS3 days and both well known within the trophy community

Also never heard of them, nor do I care what they do.

So... does it also feel strange when the majority of your responses are "never heard of them" and "who cares?"

Good for them!

Its gotten pretty stale over the years

ive recently done the same, semi retiring from trophy hunting, if thats even a thing! Lol

i had an 8 year long platinum trophy streak going until i decided enough was enough, its not even fun anymore

From august 2012 until august 2020 i went from 0 platinums to 306 without ever missing a Single month in between...for 8years!  Buying stupid ratalaika games just to Keep my streak going for another month, so on and so forth

will i still go for plats? Sure

will i dedicate all my free time in doing so? Not a chance

Edited by Property_Damage