Unknown_V2_0 and CMH777 (CarloHaz) quitting trophy hunting

usapro2017

9 hours ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

oh no what a shame that is, what would we do without 2 names a lot of people don't even recognize around?

Maybe this is your alt, but based on your profile, you haven't been around long enough to know who these two are, and to put it frankly, they are two well known members of the veteran trophy community. If this isn't an alt, then it's fair that you don't know who they are, but a lot of us do. 

This isn't a matter of them "quitting" trophies, just more taking a stand on current trophy standards. There's absolutely no question that trophies have changed over the decade-and -some-change they've been around, especially in the past year. I wouldn't blame anyone who is/was in the top percentile from dropping down because in order to stay on top, you need to stack, stack, stack, and stack some more. We all got into gaming because it was fun. When it stops being fun, we stop doing it. That's all this is. I encourage up and comers to try and reach these top spots and sit here and say "you're having a blast". It's not fun to be on top anymore, so I don't blame them for a second for dipping out. Whether or not you know them, they did something for this community that is bigger than most of us possibly could. Times have changed, they're not down with it, it is what it is. Anyone who thinks they can do better, here's your chance. Have at it. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Velvet said:

Maybe this is your alt, but based on your profile, you haven't been around long enough to know who these two are, and to put it frankly, they are two well known members of the veteran trophy community. If this isn't an alt, then it's fair that you don't know who they are, but a lot of us do. 

This isn't a matter of them "quitting" trophies, just more taking a stand on current trophy standards. There's absolutely no question that trophies have changed over the decade-and -some-change they've been around, especially in the past year. I wouldn't blame anyone who is/was in the top percentile from dropping down because in order to stay on top, you need to stack, stack, stack, and stack some more. We all got into gaming because it was fun. When it stops being fun, we stop doing it. That's all this is. I encourage up and comers to try and reach these top spots and sit here and say "you're having a blast". It's not fun to be on top anymore, so I don't blame them for a second for dipping out. Whether or not you know them, they did something for this community that is bigger than most of us possibly could. Times have changed, they're not down with it, it is what it is. Anyone who thinks they can do better, here's your chance. Have at it. 

not arsed tbh

19 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I will say if you care about leaderboard placements, the 5-10 minute platinum trophies have absolutely destroyed them. There really needs to be a leaderboard that excludes them.

I'd actually think this is a good idea in theory, but in practice I see if such a thing were ever implemented that it would end up excluding a bunch of games that wouldn't deserve it.  I think the better answer would be to just make leaderboards for more stats.  Have a leaderboard for average rarity, number of games completed, completion %, etc. that allow for more rounded sets of rankings. Average rarity and completion especially would be good ones because even new players can rank well on those rather than high leaderboard ranks only going to people who have been on PSN forever.

As far as the topic of two people quitting trophy hunting, I am only familiar with unknown_v2_0 and honestly I'm not surprised they would consider quitting.  When you are absorbed in a hobby as much as they have been, it can be exhausting.  It's also not uncommon for people to move on to other things besides gaming as life goes into a direction where they don't have as much time for gaming or because they don't find it fun any longer.  A lot has changed about gaming over the years and not just in trophies.  Also once you have been doing something for a long time, it can become harder to get the same amount of excitement you had as you did when you first started it.  All I can say is I wish them the best in finding something that is fun again because everyone needs a hobby that is fun.

4 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd actually think this is a good idea in theory, but in practice I see if such a thing were ever implemented that it would end up excluding a bunch of games that wouldn't deserve it.  I think the better answer would be to just make leaderboards for more stats.  Have a leaderboard for average rarity, number of games completed, completion %, etc. that allow for more rounded sets of rankings. Average rarity and completion especially would be good ones because even new players can rank well on those rather than high leaderboard ranks only going to people who have been on PSN forever.

I'm all for more stats and types of leaderboards, but what games would this exclude unintentionally?

Maybe its because I stick to mostly AAA games, but I can't really think of a game that you can unlock the plat in 5 minutes other than some of the shovelware titles or people using their save for stacking purposes.

3 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm all for more stats and types of leaderboards, but what games would this exclude unintentionally?

Maybe its because I stick to mostly AAA games, but I can't really think of a game that you can unlock the plat in 5 minutes other than some of the shovelware titles or people using their save for stacking purposes.

The honest truth is that 5-10 minute plats barely exist.  What most people deem as EZPZ take between 1-5 hours to plat and people would say use rarity to determine it and that's where I'd have an issue because there are games with lower rarity that take under 10 hours to plat and are easy and games with high rarity that take much more time than that to plat.  Plain and simple, I don't think there would be any good way to determine what should be excluded on a leaderboard that attempts to remove EZPZ games from the count and it would only work well if that could be automated because anything else would be too much trouble for the site's staff.  That's why I think more leaderboards would help because they would give a more well rounded view on what someone plays rather than the current deal that just says wow, this person has a lot of trophies and clearly has been on PSN a long time.

Don't know Unknow_V2_0 but CMH777 was the one that got me into trophy hunting back in 2016 with his list of easiest platinum. Heck if it wasn't for him I would had gotten all my platinum's. I also enjoy his stream videos because he would review other peoples trophy list, including mine, that was great! (even thou he's hard to impress). 

That say thou, I'm not surprise he quit, not just I haven't hear about him for a year, but he closed his YouTube channel, and seemed more frustrated in his last video's, especially when he restarted his account. And I must admit, the joy of trophy hunting has diminish quite a bit this year, I got less time to game, and few doable/easy platinum's to get. I originally wanted to get to 100 platinum before quitting, but now I can't even get to 60 and I got bigger things to worry about than trophy hunting.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, HuntingFever said:

This^

Why should we care that 2 guys are retiring from trophy hunting when 99.99% of gamers wouldn't know them from a hole in the wall? Outside of their little bubble, trophy hunters are complete nobodies to most people so the news that 2 of them are retiring - means jack shit to the general public so the responses so far, shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Honestly, I was not expecting that kind of response from you of all people, but that put a smile on my face. So...thank you. Took the words right out of my mouth.

• Like 1

The one hour video/podcast @CMH777 put up on his channel already confirmed his stance on trophy hunting, so this isn't exactly news to me.

He was never at the top and he never intended to be. But when I discovered him back in 2015 his videos for the most part were informative and enlightening. He held podcast type videos on his YouTube channel, which was a great way to hear from someone how they treated trophies in a different light.

He went back and forth, starting new accounts only to hide them from PSNProfiles, only to now admit that he is tired of it. What I didn't like was he regularly removed videos, including a number of countdown videos that I thought were really entertaining. I did in fact pick up a few PS4 games from his recommendations.

I was never a big fan of Carlos, but I will miss his banter, because he was one of the few individuals on YouTube who wasn't afraid to be politically incorrect, and take jabs at things that most people would avoid because they are afraid of offending others. Carlos wasn't afraid of offending people unintentionally, but whatever he does in the future for a new hobby, I wish him the best of luck.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:16 AM, usapro2017 said:

It feels strange seeing these 2 long time popular trophy hunters handing in the towels and giving up trophy hunting.

Both have been trophy hunting since the PS3 days and both well known within the trophy community.

How does everyone else still feel about trophy hunting? Do you still love it as much as you always did or have you also lost some of the passion you used to have?

If so why is that? Is it the huge amount of 10-30 minute platinums released weekly you need to buy to stay on top of the leaderboard?

Is it because you miss playing a game for fun in your own way without trophies dictating how to?

Is it because you simply have other hobbies/interests/life in general that take up your time now and you no longer have as much time to trophy hunt?

I still love gaming and trophies, maybe more than ever. Having spoken to both these dudes although I don't profess to know them I just wish them the best in their journey. Whether they love trophies or not doesn't interest me in the least. Now if they can make me laugh or say something then I am interested.

Happy gaming

Edited by AffectatiousDonk
  • Like 1

Never heard any of them but I can already tell when someone come at one point in life and think “damn so much time wasted”.

It’s more about easy plats this days there is nothing bad with them but oh hey everyone can play what they want not blaming. Also they might have some more important things to care about ? Such as having a child also affects your gaming habits or travel...anything could be either way good luck to them.

Edited by FearlessElle
  • Like 1

On 03/11/2020 at 3:14 AM, Z1MZUM said:

Maybe he met a girl,,,,,,,,,

? Unknown_V2_0 said he quit because he was sick of having to play garbage games and countless multiple stacks to keep his high ranking on the Leaderboard (5th in the world) 

He mainly just plays Switch games nowadays so he can play games just for fun and beat his trophy addiction.

Not sure about Carlos, he said he is putting out a video soon about why he has quit on his YouTube channel which is called ‘CARLOHAZ’

Carlos is a bit of a pimp and ladies man though so wouldn’t be surprised if he hooked up with a girl to distract him during COVID ?