No matchmaking for Raid (coming October 30)

LazyJournalist

25 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

Sucker Punch announced Raid to be available from October 30. No matchmaking. Minimum gear level - 100. And they adviced to play some co-op and survival on Nightmare before starting Raid. Looks like no difficulty options as well.

They didn't specifically say to play stuff on nightmare, just that you need to be gear level 100 for it.  They were plugging the nightmare mission modifiers because of the leader boards.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

They didn't specifically say to play stuff on nightmare, just that you need to be gear level 100 for it.  They were plugging the nightmare mission modifiers because of the leader boards.  

You're right, my bad. Actually they said "higher" difficulties, which could also mean silver and gold. 

2 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

You're right, my bad. Actually they said "higher" difficulties, which could also mean silver and gold. 

I'm not sure what gear level gold drops cap at though.  I need two more gear levels to unlock gold myself.  I figure I'll just power through what I need to in order to hit 105 - 110 this weekend and then hopefully be able to get a few useful legendaries from the nightmare exploit if I don't have a lot of time next week to farm. 

I still need to hit 20 with the other classes too, in case I need to use a different class than my main when I find a group for the raid.

Just now, ObliviousSenpai said:

Matchmaking would have been pointless. I've already encountered enough randoms that struggle with silver survival and story missions. 

Unfortunately I've run into the same issues.  Survival hasn't been too bad, but story missions...  I got stuck with a guy who couldn't complete a simple jump for over 20 minutes.  He eventually gave up and left, leaving me unable to complete the mission.  Others just run right into a group of enemies only to die within a couple of seconds.  There are others who can't figure out the simple puzzles in the missions.  And the list goes on.  If the devs aren't hyping up the difficulty then you will definitely need a coordinated group to complete the raid.

• Like 1

The DLC is fun. Just going to play it and be done once I complete Wave 25 survival, all story missions and level 20 on one character.

Not going to level all characters to 20, not going to do the Raid(s). The grind seems like Destiny level of time commitment. 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

The DLC is fun. Just going to play it and be done once I complete Wave 25 survival, all story missions and level 25 on one character.

Not going to level all characters to 20, not going to do the Raid.

Honestly, this seems like a healthy approach, and I am probably going to do the same thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maisie666 said:

Any word on whether it will be the first chapter, or all 3 chapters of the raid dropping on oct 30?

I guess it's all three chapters at one time. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Glad that the devs are smart enough to avoid matchmaking. There're way to much people in Legends who dont even understand the basic mechanics and GoT is far away from being complexe etc. I played with people who struggle on bronze/silver or are already KI Lv. 108 and still struggle on gold. The best ones are those who play as a ronin and never heard of healing.

16 minutes ago, Br1anstrike3K said:

I was able to finish the nightmare survival without losing a single area with randoms felt great and we all played the flute at the end knowing we’d never meet again ;( wish they’d let you fill for the raid but oh well

You could've hit options, gone to the social tab and added each other?

I'm really surprised people are surprised by this news. Or maybe it's just me being accustomed to it after playing too much Destiny.

1 hour ago, BossMadMax said:

What 3 raids? There is 1 raid with 3 parts.

*disregard*

Edited by Ghost

36 minutes ago, EIdain said:

You could've hit options, gone to the social tab and added each other?

I'm really surprised people are surprised by this news. Or maybe it's just me being accustomed to it after playing too much Destiny.

We also could’ve combined the parties but I wasn’t making my comment because I didn’t know how to add people lol more about how I think it’s possible to find competent people through random matchmaking in this game, have a great game then move on and hope it keeps happening

51 minutes ago, Ghost said:

There are 3 raids releasing in this game.

I'm replying to @maisie666 that this the only raid releasing on October 30th titled "The Tale of Iyo". Two more are coming later on.

Source? Because even the trophy states that you have to finish 3 raid chapters, not 3 raids. Even in menu you can see that there are only 3 chapters for raid.