Trumpet_Boi_208

Share any unpopular gaming opinions here!

309 posts in this topic

Please don’t be toxic and spark a console war here. This topic is a safe haven for people to share unpopular opinions they have on the games they play. No one is judged here! :)

This thread is about to go south real fast... Form your own option and dont let others form it for you. 

1 minute ago, MandA60VISE said:

My favorite game is better than your favorite game.

You sir are a legend 

Way too many to list. Would take me literally all day. I'll just post the most 'notable' or 'obvious' ones.

Final Fantasy XV is an AMAZING game

The Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy are all AMAZING games

Final Fantasy X-2 is a good game

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is a good game

Pokemon Sword/Shield is a good game that's HUNDREDS of times better than Gen 7/Alola/Sun/Moon. All the complaints are whiny BS

Klonoa is the most underrated, unappreciated, underestimated platformer of all time

.hack is INFINITELY times better than Sword Art Online

Having a hard time thinking of any more 'notable' or 'obvious' ones but if I remember them I'll post them.

1 minute ago, MandA60VISE said:

My favorite game is better than your favorite game.

Unlikely, Life of Black Tiger is the greatest game ever. 

Crash TwinSanity sucks and I don't understand how people call it the best Crash game...

Duke Nukem Forever, while obviously flawed, and while it obviously should have been a lot better, is still a fun and mostly functional game. 

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5, while obviously flawed, and while it obviously should have been a lot better, is still a fun and mostly functional game.

Jak 2 is better than Jak 1.

ICO is boring

The whole Bioshock saga is boring

Duke Nukem Forever is a good game

MGS V and Peace Walker are the best games in the Metal Gear saga (Fvck nostalgia)

PS3 is the best PlayStation

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

Backwards compatibility is overrated, particularly when it spans more than one generation. Life's too short to carry around games collections stretching back ten, twenty years. Play your games and move on. The memories should be enough.

Video game preservation, while noble, is also overrated. Even if every single game was archived, only an absolute minority would ever explore it, and even then probably only the most popular games on the most popular platforms. Is it possible that some future developer could dive into the history of video games for inspiration, ala Tarantino? Maybe, but I doubt it would help, because gaming undergoes many more generational leaps, much more quickly, than film. Space Invaders isn't going to be much help for the developers of today, much less tomorrow.

I'm not actively against these things, but I think a lot of people try too hard to hold on, whether it's with their actual games collections or the place of their favourite games in popular culture. The sad truth is that consoles die, discs rot, and every great game fades from collective consciousness. Which is all the more reason to play harder today.

Edited by TheArcadeKid