Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

I thought this would be a fun and controversial thread to make. We share our unpopular opinions that would otherwise be unwanted posting elsewhere or if you want someplace to let it out. I'll start with a few at the top of my head. The juicier, the better!

- BioShock Infinite is an incredibly average game that is nowhere near as good as people make it out to be

- I'm a huge fan of Resident Evil, and I enjoyed Resident Evil 5/6. Also, RE fans (you know the ones I'm talking about) should get over the fact that RE hasn't been a  survival horror in a decade, and it can be argued that the series hasn't truly been Survival Horror since the first game.

- Red Dead Redemption had boring gameplay, specifically combat. Which kept me from thinking it's a great game

• Like 3

Alright, I'll go with the opposite.

Most people think Spec Ops: The Line is a poop of a game, but personally, I think it has one of the best storylines of all time.

The game left me with my jaw dropped at the end of last chapter...

Potential spoiler:

If you liked Fight Club, you're going to enjoy The Line's plot

Edited by BumperSticker
  • Like 3

- I agree with OP, Bioshock Infinite was nothing special. I enjoyed exploring Columbia in the first half, but you have to play it more than once to get all the hints, and the combat was just pretty bad imo. 

- I hate Okami, maybe it gets better, but I've played for about 3 hours and haven't enjoyed it yet.

- Resident Evil 4 is overrated. People go crazy over it, but don't realise 4 is the bridge between good Resi games, and the bad ones.

- I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game.

- I didn't like MGS4 compared to the rest of the series.

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 2

I like Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy

I also like Legend of Spyro Trilogy( A New Beginning, Eternal Night, Dawn of the Dragon)
as well as Spyro Enter the Dragonfly, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Heroes,

And I wouldn't necessarily say hate, but I didn't think The Last of Us, Final Fantasy VII, Minecraft or The Walking Dead were as good as everyone says they were
And Krystal from starfox is one of my favorite characters, which a lot people seem to hate and same goes for Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII.

And I also like playing games based on movies(Not all of them are that bad).

Well I'm sure I could probably name more, but some games I like aren't talked about enough to receive hate or much of anything at all I think.

But I do seem to disagree with popular internet opinions quite a bit.

• Like 1

Bioshock Infinite is good, but definitely not awesome. And I also like Resident Evil 5&6, I think those two are my favorites after Resident Evil 2.

And one opinion that I guess not many agreed is that Fallout 3 was better than New Vegas.

I find MGS boring. With the only exception being MGR (Metal Gear Rising).

Halo is VERY overrated. I've played most of them, but I just don't see why people praise them.

Also find Gears of War overrated. The combat wasn't bad, but the story and characters were very uninteresting.

Battle field and Call of Duty are the same shit over and over and over and over. It's just gold painted shit each release.

Sports and racing games are overly repetitive and extremly boring. The ONLY racing game that broke away fromt this, is burnout, which isn't too bad.

Games based off of anime shows are just awful. (excluding Naruto and DBZ)

JRPG's are overly childish. Odd seeing as to how they're from Japan too. They're like an entire country of adult content (no complaints).

I'm sure there's more, but this is all I can think of at this moment

Edited by Monk746

Bioshock Infinite is good, but definitely not awesome. And I also like Resident Evil 5&6, I think those two are my favorites after Resident Evil 2.

And one opinion that I guess not many agreed is that Fallout 3 was better than New Vegas.

I thought everyone agrees Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas  :S

• Like 1

All FPS's are the same xD (unpopular enough to get you in trouble with the whole 10-to-12-year-old demographic lol)

*gasp* I'm offended! When I was 12 I hated FPS! :P

I like Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy

I also like Legend of Spyro Trilogy( A New Beginning, Eternal Night, Dawn of the Dragon)

as well as Spyro Enter the Dragonfly, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Heroes,

And I wouldn't necessarily say hate, but I didn't think The Last of Us, Final Fantasy VII, Minecraft or The Walking Dead were as good as everyone says they were

And Krystal from starfox is one of my favorite characters, which a lot people seem to hate and same goes for Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII.

And I also like playing games based on movies(Not all of them are that bad).

Well I'm sure I could probably name more, but some games I like aren't talked about enough to receive hate or much of anything at all I think.

But I do seem to disagree with popular internet opinions quite a bit.

I agree with five of these. These being; the FFXIII trilogy, liking Lightning and Krystal, and the liking of the two aforementioned Sonic games (Or one if you see Shadow as a Shadow game).

Since you had mentioned movies...

I like the new Pokemon TV shows. *inb4getskilledbyeveryoneinexistence* I can put my shoes into just about anything, so it is easy for me to get immersed. No matter how "bad" it might be. Unless of course, it gets to the point of embarrassing. Such as fake sounding voices.

Edited by Nepgear2
  • Like 1

Specs Ops:The Line does not have one of the greatest storylines of all-time. It tries to mimic various film classics such as Apocalypse Now, The Bridge on the River Kwai and The Deer Hunter, but doesn't reach the high of any its inspirations. It's a story that's been told before many times, and told much better. It's decent and all that, but just because it's has slightly different narrative to most shooting games doesn't automatically mean it's the greatest narrative ever

Grand Theft Auto V has a fucking horrible main story, and Trevor is the most prototypical psychopath you could possibly get. All he does is yell and say, "Fuck", which for me makes his character as deep as a puddle. Plus, the ending is utter kack. 

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but those are the first that come to mind.

I think Gta 5 storyline is boring and dumb! (Trevor suck)  :angry:

Love Gta 4 (best gta ever) 

I hate the first telltale Walking Dead Game

Don´t Understand why people tend to love assassins creed so much since the game is the same shit over and over

Played the 1 Borderlands game a while ago and i tought it was one of the worst and boring games ever - 100 Gajillion Wub Wub shit weapons my ass! Same weapons with different names :devil: 

Finally - one of the best topics ever B). nice idea  AVenGer777rocks

• Like 3

FFX is the most overrated in the FF series and arguably the worst next to FF13, it was a boring linear game with wonky dialogue, terrible leveling up, and half-assed gp, where were all the summons?

Vaas was a terrible villain in Far Cry 3, why was everyone so impressed with him, all he did was spew clichés and act childish

Mass Effect 3 was a solid game, with lush environments everywhere you go, further polished combat making it a lot more exciting, though limited, every customization felt vastly different from the last and adding mods further deepened the experience, an overall gloom atmosphere and tone matching the concept of the game, and interesting elements even though they were not fully realized by Bioware such as the War Resources, all of these things definitely made up for the irrelevance of choice, and a few awful characters

• Like 3

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward was one of the worst games I've ever played and I get pissed when people talk it up like it's the best game ever. I judge games that I may like on my friends' and this community's reaction to them and Zero Escape was a huge let down.

The first game in the Sly series was ok. The next two were complete shit and the only reason I finished them is because my OCD got the better of me.

I love shooters even though they're the popular genre to hate on.

I like COD even though it's a popular series to hate on. Say what you will about it being a copy and paste. At least the controls solid and most problems get fixed in a timely fashion.

I loved Destiny to the point that I forgot about hunting trophies for a few months. I still go back to it on occasion, but the repetitiveness of upgrading weapons and armor got to me in the end. Still, I think I'll be ready to go back to it when the next two expansions release.

Boosting is not the same as playing a game and it irks me when people use the terms as synonyms.

Lengthy games are not the same as difficult games. Yes it takes a certain determination to stick with a long game, but I don't consider it as difficult as learning the skill to beat a truly difficult game.

• Like 2

The RE remake to me is just crap. Looks like a coat of fresh paint on a dry rotted wooden shed.

TLOU missions on MP as well as the many levels of difficulty are utter bullshit.

Assassin's Creed. I tried it once. Hated it. 45 minutes on a damn boat and the horrible in game menus are ridiculous.

Journey, Valiant Hearts, and Never Alone are 3 of the best I've ever played that didn't have any violence or blood.

• Like 1