Am i basically screwed in regards to killing Dark Yojimbo?

Hvalpen

All other dark aeons dead.

Monster arena done.

Sphere grid filled out.

About to wrap up the game, or so i thought.

How am i supposed to wreck Dark Yojimbo? I saw the post about beating him without luck, and the "easy way to beat him with anima". Here is the problem: Because One-eye constantly dropped magic def spheres, thats what i filled the empty nodes with, all of them since it was a fast track to get it over with. To my surprise it seems to have screwed me now, since only magic def is 255. Strength on full grid is sitting at 200 while agility and defense are like 160-180. What the fuck do i do now? Anima has 24k hp meaning not the 30k advised in the "anima cheese strategy". Zanmato five times is not doable right. So wtf do i do now?

You can clear nodes so that you can then load them with spheres you need. You'll want all stats at 255 outside of luck which you can leave at 130/140. You'll need these stats to beat the final boss Penance.

Alternatively if you have lots of Gil you could go the Yojimbo route but that will still take a lot of time.

3 minutes ago, lion1325478 said:

You can clear nodes so that you can then load them with spheres you need. You'll want all stats at 255 outside of luck which you can leave at 130/140. You'll need these stats to beat the final boss Penance.

Alternatively if you have lots of Gil you could go the Yojimbo route but that will still take a lot of time.

There's a formula for Yojimbo that pretty much guarantees you get what you want.  I think it's in the old PS2 guide on gamefaqs

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

There's a formula for Yojimbo that pretty much guarantees you get what you want.  I think it's in the old PS2 guide on gamefaqs

I thought there would always be a small chance that he doesnt do zanmato. Atm with overdrive he zanmatos 8/10 times with 150-200k

17 minutes ago, lion1325478 said:

Im planning to just zanmato Penance...if i get there xD I came back to this game ten years later. Trying to blitz my unfinished ps3 backlog

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 5:14 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

There's a hidden "affinity" or "affection" whenever you use Yojimbo. Pay him a lot initially on scrub enemies, I don't recall how many times. But for me,, he took care of Penance for a whopping 3000 gil so yeah, it works, might have to reset a few times but it's possible lol

• 11 months later...