Popular games you couldn't get into/didn't like.

kingjavs

Last of Us 1, never played 2. Too much manipulative melodrama right at the start leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and too much walkie talkie right after made me quit it for good. At least I hadn’t earned any trophies. I’m honestly shocked it had so many fans to make 2 such a big deal

Most NRS fighters, MK9 was good just for being better than the previous MK games but everything after just doesn’t grab me. Injustice in particular I don’t like, it feels really clunky which may be my fault but it doesn’t motivate me to get better. Five minute cutscene super moves are a drag as well

Dark Souls 3, I play these games to explore and find secrets and didn’t enjoy DS3’s approach of giant maps that border on open world design that only link to each other in a linear manner

Okami, never finished it on PS2 but I figured trophies would motivate me. Nope it’s still slow and fairly boring and if I’m honest the graphics bug my eyes

Overwatch, play it on a free weekend to see all the different characters, their moves and interactions and then move on. I barely put two months into it and felt like I was just deja vuing every match. I assume it’s dead now because I never hear about it but I’m again surprised it got as big as it did. Marketing can only go so far