How hard is this game to platinum if playing in single player?

Yuber6969

15 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I have 4 controllers, so I'll be able to get any trophies requiring 2-4 controllers, but none of my friends play this game. Is it hard to do everything single player?

Also, is the online drop-in/drop-out co-op like in Borderlands?

It is drop in drop out coop but the "They also use it on new years day" trophy requires you to finish a section of the game with 4 without anyone taking damage. That would be your main issue with trying to use 4 controllers. You could try joining with the other 3 near the end of the section, but the sections only last about 30 seconds. everything else can be done in single player with multiple controllers. 

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

It is drop in drop out coop but the "They also use it on new years day" trophy require you to finish a section of the game with 4 without anyone taking damage. That would be your main issue with trying to use 4 controllers. You could try joining with the other 3 near the end of the section, but the sections only last about 30 seconds. everything else can be done in single player with multiple controllers. 

Thanks for the fast reply. Is the online popular enough that it would be easy to randomly match with a group of 3 other people?

Edited by yuber1234

Just now, yuber1234 said:

Thanks fot the fast reply. Is the online popular enough that it would be easy to randomly match with a group of 3 other people?

I'm almost certain it's invite only. weapons that you obtain from quests though are not shared so you would honestly be better running it in single player and doing a clean up run in coop after if you can find people. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Regarding the 4 player trophies, they can be somewhat annoying in places, but they're doable. i did the majority last night. 

The dodging fishturd with noone taking damage isnt for the whole level without damage, but the bit when youre in that pit.

you giude the 3 blank controllers to the bottom right hand corner and after they'll be safe. theyll get transported to the top of the statue. just use the short throw with 'square' and you'll be fine.  restart the checkpoint if you get hit and youll be back to the start of that same section.

the most annoying one was the secret area one as you need to put inputs on each controller within one second. still, its easy enough. 

regarding the runes, if you've competed the game and all the side quest, you should have them all available. just buy them and see what happens i guess

• Like 1