Do you prefer an easy buy long trophy or a hard but quick one?

SuperPatchZ7

Do you prefer an easy buy long trophy or a hard but quick one?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer: an easy buy long trophy or a hard but quick one?

• Easy but long
    • Hard but quick

Depends on my mood and the game really. Working on a long, grindy trophy can be relaxing...but also can be mind numbing depending on how I feel about it or whether I'm having a good time with the game. The for quick, hard trophies as well: I enjoyed Max Payne 3 a lot, so the NYMHC trophy wasn't too bad...but the majority of trophies on Zen Pinball 2 I gave up after 30 minutes. ?

I'd say hard but quick, I find easy but long trophies to be kind of repetitive and some are purposefully made to make you play the game more and more times. Some are fun others are just useless, I'm thinking about the "quick and painless" trophy from Rise of The Tomb Raider asking you to kill 15 deers in the heart like that's just dumb. Also hard but quick trophy hunting it's more challenging, makes me feel prouder of the trophies I'm achieving.

For me it depends.  If the hard one is hard because of being luck based or because controls are terrible, then I'd rather do a lengthy collectable gathering trophy or grind.  If the hard game is hard because of reasonable difficulty and I can actually learn from my mistakes and get better then I'd enjoy that more.  Hard games because of luck or bad controls really are just frustrating grinds when it comes down to it because I'm still repeating a task over and over again.  I just don't see much difference between repeating a task and hoping for good luck and/or cooperative controls and doing the same to progress towards collecting a bunch of whatever the dev wants me to collect.  For example, I'd rather do the 30k kills in MeiQ again than Zen of Zuma in Zuma.  30k monster kills was an insanely boring grind, but at least I was making progress with each battle.  With Zen of Zuma, it feels like I'm going to need the stars to align in a precise way to get the luck needed for that trophy.  I was 1 second away once, but never even had the luck of repeating that again, much less actually getting the trophy.

it depends on exactly how long. The max I usually go for us 130 hours, but once its 150+ hours, I just don't have the time anymore due to work like I did in my school days when I could platinum a 150 hour game in 3 months. Now that would take like half a year or more. 

I don't like hard but quick, as I usually fail in getting the plat for not being skilled enough e.g. Crash Bandicoot games and FF9's jump rope game. Even if the plats are not long, those trophies are sp damn difficult I'd never get it anyway.

At least with an easy game even if it is long, you can pretty much guarantee yourself the plat, which is what trophy hunting is all about. The worst is playing a hard short game and getting stuck on that one last trophy before you need the platinum, and having your completion stuck at 98% or something.

The worst is the long and difficult plat- Yakuza games, take a bow and also Kingdom Hearts series except KH3. 

When it's fun to do I prefer an easy and long trophy. Like in GTA V getting to lvl 100. It's easy because you just need to play GTA online, but it takes a lot of time. But that didn't matter because I had tons of fun with friends while playing the missions, doing races etc. When it's a long grind because of, as an example, get 1000 collectibles then I prefer a hard but quick trophy. 

• 2 years later...

I think that there is no such thing as "hard but fast to get." If it was really hard, there's no way you are going to get it until you figure it out (which takes time) or until you get very good at it, if it requires building new skills or reflexes (which also takes time). If it was done very quick, in like 1 hour or less, I would question whether it was "hard" for real. It probably wasn't. It may have been annoying, but probably not hard.

And for what I would choose now, I think it would depend much more on the fun factor, or how much I like it, than on the length of play, the grinds, or the difficulty levels.

• Like 2